SuperMoto Junkie banner

Cleveland cyclewerks 450R

9K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  alarka 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I can't load the google doc, but does it say who the partners are? CCW doesn't in their release. I can't help but wonder if maybe it's Hyosung or somebody like that. Either that or it's a Chinese firm. Looking forward to the HFL writeup and seeing (and maybe riding) one of these in person.

#16 ·
I mentioned to the Asiawing rep that the front brake on the motard was pretty wimpy looking and he responded that in the future they'll be shipping with 320mm discs.
I'm on the fence with the whole concept, riding a motorcycle is already a fairly dangerous activity, would you trust a cheap Chinese bike with your life ? On the flip side, there are probably more bicycles, mopeds, and motorcycles in China than in the rest of the world combined and many "quality" products are manufactured in China. You have BMW's bulletproof 650 thumper that was supposedly more reliable when it was coming out of China.

#20 ·
There has been several threads on here about this company I remember, not about this specific bike but the hipster 250cc chopper bobber bikes they have been marketing. My biggest problem is stated pretty plainly on their website:

Now when were are talking about $2,500 cheapo bobbers I still had a problem with the fact you could build your own bad ass UJM bobber for less and have more bike than they will ever have. But now the price is going up and yet it's still the same china bull shit. I like the fact that they are an American company but the name insinuates that these bikes are an American product and we all know it's bull.

I say let pep boys sell the fucking china garbage to the masses and if you want to build custom bikes, cool do so. But don't just rebrand this shit. I don't want to see them fail, I said it before about them. I do wish them luck... But...

#22 ·
I got to ride one of their misfits. It was similar to a scooter from pepboys. Terrible components. Lots of cast parts and nothing seemed quality enough to do maintenance on. I couldnt imagine the quality being much different. Lets just remember now there is a reason they are cheap. At least the Misfit is priced for the quality. This new bike has a ridiculous msrp

#23 ·
#24 ·
I watched a video review a while back about one of their bikes (the misfit IIRC) and one of the bolts holding the front brake caliper on just fell off, letting the caliper flop all over the place, and whoever was doing the review just played it off like it wasn't a big deal.

Now for all I know this 450R might be quality, safe, and reliable (I hope it is for that MSRP) but I am not going to be a test dummy. There are enough cars and trucks trying to kill me on the road, I don't need my bike trying to do so as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.