SuperMoto Junkie banner

2009/2010 SMR dual exhaust to single exhaust mod

31K views 66 replies 25 participants last post by  BlkLT1Z28 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, as much as I liked the look of the dual exhaust on my 450, I grew to hate them from a practicality standpoint. They add extra weight, cost twice as much to replace when damaged, and make it almost impossible to lift the bike on a stand after coming off the track.

So I decided to do something about it. I ordered an FMF Powercore 4 slip on for a 2009 TE 450. (FMF part # 045293) It ran me about $250 through my local dealer.

I then cut the mid pipe portion of the header leaving about an inch to slip into the FMF pipe. The OD of the mid pipe is the same as the ID of the FMF slip on. It eliminates the spring right there, but the overall fit is tight enough it shouldnt be an issue.

I did all this not knowing if it would work, but it worked beautifully, and this muffler is LOUD!!! So if you want quiet, Id suggest going with the Q4 instead.

Ill be sure to update with full pics after my Excel/Talon wheels and slicks get here :thumbup:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.