Vinyl Wrap?

Thread: Vinyl Wrap?

Default Vinyl Wrap?

Hey guys.

I might be getting a new bike soon and was thinking would it be worth to Vinyl Wrap it? You can get any colour you want and any design on then and it protects from chips and scratches i have seen them on cars and trucks, you think it could be worth doing with a bike, mabey getting new graphics putting them on then wraping the bike in the Vinyl to get a seald finnish on the bike?

Example of a Vinyl design : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dOAQT0qQAk

VAMPY
    Yamster is the way to go

Advertisement

Pretty much a decal.

How much does that stuff run?
    2002 CRF450R sumo'd and CA street plated (sold)
    2005 KTM 625SMC

2009 KTM 690 SM.
    Mivv Suono Mufflers, Akra Maps, K&N Air Filter, CRG LS Mirrors, Sharp Swingarm Spools, Mustard Tail Tidy, KTM Duke C/F Hugger, KTM Axle Sliders, KTM Fork Bleeders, KTM 15T Front Sprocket and a Oregon HD camera. A set of BT090s totally shagged at 3000klm but the BT016s are hangin on well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

not shure on the price, my bro knows a guy so i could get it cheap and he can put eney design in it, lolz SMJ on the size of the tank, was thinking of getting it all black with that cartoon road runner on the tank or mabey that tazmanina devil lolz just something diffrent, if you go to a track over here its MONSTER ENERGY ALL OVER!!! there is no need for it.

VAMPY
    Yamster is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by VAMPIRE V12 View Post
    not shure on the price, my bro knows a guy so i could get it cheap and he can put eney design in it, lolz SMJ on the size of the tank, was thinking of getting it all black with that cartoon road runner on the tank or mabey that tazmanina devil lolz just something diffrent, if you go to a track over here its MONSTER ENERGY ALL OVER!!! there is no need for it.

VAMPY
    I know it is not necessary to use perfect grammar and spelling in these forums but for God's sake, can we at least make these threads readable?
    Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.-Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fnjeepz View Post
    for God's sake, can we at least make these threads readable?
    Ha, Vampy's entries look like a 12 year old texting.
    You know, there's no spell check on the phone.

To reference another thread, if we do get tapatalk the grammatical accuracy of the site is going to shoot into the ground like a fucking dart.
    "Everything's easier when your not being punched in the face." Sajo

what have i done to you? If you dont like it do not fucking write any thing. Then get out of the thred both of you Simple isent it? it just proves what twats both of you are and how nasty you can be, i asked a simple question so what if my grammer is bad so what who cares i dont care and it just proves what dicks you are horrible people like you bring a nice forum like this down. happy day you just picked on a 16yr old how good are you? what you gonna do next beat your wife?

VAMPY
    Yamster is the way to go

Okay guys, cool it. Not worth the agro over a few spelling mistakes aye bro. Its all about motorcycles.
    2009 KTM 690 SM.
    Mivv Suono Mufflers, Akra Maps, K&N Air Filter, CRG LS Mirrors, Sharp Swingarm Spools, Mustard Tail Tidy, KTM Duke C/F Hugger, KTM Axle Sliders, KTM Fork Bleeders, KTM 15T Front Sprocket and a Oregon HD camera. A set of BT090s totally shagged at 3000klm but the BT016s are hangin on well.

what have i done to you? If you dont like it do not fucking write any thing. Then get out of the thred both of you Simple isent it? it just proves what twats both of you are and how nasty you can be, i asked a simple question so what if my grammer is bad so what who cares i dont care and it just proves what dicks you are horrible people like you bring a nice forum like this down. happy day you just picked on a 16yr old how good are you? what you gonna do next beat your wife?

VAMPY
    click this!
    Last edited by dirtrides2009; 08-09-2010 at 01:50 PM.

I do like the vinyl wrap on the plastics. However, his attitude is just as shitty as his verbiage.
    Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.-Reagan

Serious fnjeepz go away from this thred you pan heads in. I was thinking mabey you could do frames rims and outher bits and bobs aswell as plastic they suppost to be good for stone chips and was thinking if you fell off it should provide some sort of cover against light plastics damage and if you ruin it you can always replace with more unlike your plastics you have to buy new.

VAMPY
    Yamster is the way to go

One thing that would concern me about wrapping "too" many parts would be the weight you may be adding. I'm not sure how much dedication I would put I to scratch resistance, trades get scratches it's inevitable. Make it look bad ass either way.

i could not imagine it beeing too heavy?mabey in vast quantities but just on plasitcs not shure.
    Yamster is the way to go

The weight concern would be wrapping wheels. Maybe it wouldn't matter just my .02

ah yes now i see what you mean it could throw them off balance and possible be dangerous at speeds LOL

VAMP
    Yamster is the way to go

You could wrap from the hub all the way to the rim and create some fabulous discs like bmx had in the early nineties.

How much heat can the vynil wrap take? That'd be my concern one concern. I wouldn't do it to your rims if you plan on riding your bike. It'll get scratched and start to peel away and look like crap. Anything metal, get it painted or powder coated. If you think you need something more complex then paint or powder coating, then i can already tell you the bike will look too busy and turn out looking ricer, hood, or just tacky. That leaves the plastics... which you don't really need "vynil wrap" since most places will let you custom make vynil graphics of your choice. The reason cars/boats/etc use vynil wrap is b/c they don't make graphic kits for chevy suburbans.

You'd know what'd be the ultimate? Vynil wrap your exhaust header and brake rotors! Y3ah!! lolz. omgwtfbbq!1!

There's a thread dedicated to internet arguing! Take all the arguing over there.

This thread is dedicated to gramer airors!
    2002 CRF450R sumo'd and CA street plated (sold)
    2005 KTM 625SMC

I own a sign co and the wrap material (printed with your pattern of choice) could be had anywhere from around $9 s/f to $20 s/f depending on the vinyl used and the readiness of the artwork/ complexity of the setup.

I will tell you this though, applying the vinyl around all the compound curves on a bike is not easy, so if you think you could do it with 10 s/f you better buy at least 30 s/f because you're going to screw it up lots before you learn the technique.
    Quote Originally Posted by uberninja View Post
    YOU CAN'T OUT-CRAZY A CRAZY PERSON.

as someone who works in the sign business and sells digital wrap I can tell you that none of my stuff is wrapped. I have kind of mixed feelings about it, but mostly because I just haven't seen anything that made me think "god I want that on my bike." I did print some flame print for my xr50, but I have yet to install it.

It will not protect your plastics in the event that it goes down. Most wrap vinyl is 2 mil add a laminate to that and you're up to 4 mil. You know those clear bra's that people put on their cars to protect against paint chips? well those are between 11-25mil, so as soon as you go down you can basically count on your graphics as well as your plastics will be scratched up.

Quote Originally Posted by FasYankee View Post
    I own a sign co and the wrap material (printed with your pattern of choice) could be had anywhere from around $9 s/f to $20 s/f depending on the vinyl used and the readiness of the artwork/ complexity of the setup.

I will tell you this though, applying the vinyl around all the compound curves on a bike is not easy, so if you think you could do it with 10 s/f you better buy at least 30 s/f because you're going to screw it up lots before you learn the technique.
    plus what this guy says. There's a few shops in my area that used to sell pre-cut graphics for bikes and they stopped because of how often people would screw up and complain about how they didn't tell them it would be this hard and blah blah blah. So they ended up having to send out a bunch of free reprinted panels and eventually stopped it altogether. I only guarantee the wrap I install myself, or my installer installs. If you want to do it yourself, it's at your own risk.

so it would be easyer to repaint the plastics rather than put the vinyl on? Thanks m8, Nice that you own your sign company is it going good for you m8? hope so.

VAMPY
    Yamster is the way to go

so it would be easyer to repaint the plastics rather than put the vinyl on? Thanks m8, Nice that you own your sign company is it going good for you m8? hope so.

VAMPY
    The sign business is always great It's infinitely easier to get your plastics painted. Getting my plastics painted cost me $120 using metallic paint, with matted clear coat which I was told was more costly. As previously mentioned $9-$30 per square foot of digitally printed wrap material. So yeah, definitely go with the paint.

Thanks bud

VAMPY
    Yamster is the way to go

Advertisement