SuperMoto Junkie banner

Yamaha Scorpio built into a replica Yamaha YZ SuperMoto

42K views 56 replies 37 participants last post by  Rider52 
#1 · (Edited)
I built this SuperMoto from a local motorcycle, 2006 Yamaha 225 cc.

I already bore up to 330 cc, by using the piston of the Honda Accord Maestro. In our country called Yamaha Scorpio, a motorcycle legally. Then I took the engine and part of the chassis. I attach it to the 2004 YZ 250 chassis. And I use the cover body set 2006-2009 yz 250/450. Brakes : front caliper 4 pistons radial mount Tokico ex Suzuki Hayabusa. TK rims Japan 3:50 '/ 5:00' -17. Tires : Continental Road Attack 120/70-17 and 180/55-17. Almost all the parts I took from YZ. This is a legal motor and I ride it daily . I equip it with the headlamps, turn sign lamps , horn, brake lights, speedometer (Koso DB 2001-R) and the mirror. Some parts I make my own, such as hubs front and rear, clutch hydraulic system, muffler megabomb, radiator, air filter box, cover the air filter box, sub frame, kick stand & jack stand. Parts are not the yz is a headlamp (Kawasaki KLX 150), front fenders (KTM SM), silencers (KTM 400 LC).

See less See more
#3 ·
Awesome job there! :thumbup::clap:

Where are you at in the world?

Got any You Tube video so we can hear how she sounds?

#7 ·
Rudy- Great job on your build. The bike looks like it should be sitting out side the Factory Yamaha semi.:thumbup:

#8 ·
damn man, that thing is badass! if i send you my kids minibike, can you "convert" it to a Yamaha YZF 450 "replica"? :lol:

#16 ·
Who says you can't polish a turd, that thing is SICK!! Nice work Rudy. :bowdown::bowdown:

#18 ·
Sick bike. Awesome job!

#26 ·
WOW!

That's awesome Rudy! I think you have the nicest Sumo in Indonesia now. I love the color scheme and by the way, is the nomor mesin and frame # the same as listed in your stnk & bpkb?? :clap:

If they have razia sepeda motor di jalan raya, no problems with the polisi???

Great job on the modifikasi!

#28 ·
Yes, vehicle registration and BPKB remain genuine and legitimate. Because the Scorpio's chassis number , I attach to the YZ's chassis. And I've registered the change of colors, from blue to yellow to the police station. But, most important, in Indonesia, the police did not want to arrest a Marine Corps, they did not want to get in trouble, hahahaha ...:D

#42 ·
You would think someone over at supermoto-central would know the difference between a YZ450F and a YZF450...the latter is a QUAD!

Anyways Rudy, badass build my friend. I have an 06' anniversary edition myself and I think it is one of the most iconic looks one can put on a bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.