SuperMoto Junkie banner

2003 FSE 450 problems....

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  venom600 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, what an awesome forum you have here! So glad I came across this site, have already learnt heaps in just a few views.

I recently bought a 2003 model Gas Gas FSE 450 Enduro which I converted to Motard and have had nothing but problems since. There have been 5 NRMA roadside assistance calls and countless visits to the bike shop up the road (not a Gas Gas dealer so pretty clueless as to what to do with the thing) all to no avail.

The latest issue is with the bike not starting. The last NRMA mechanic to have a look at it suggested that the fuel was coming on too rich, flooding the engine and that the battery was too weak to start the bike. My local bike shop reccomended I call a dyno guy which I did, he rang around and has not been able to find a suitable powercommander for the bike in Australia and has since told me to call the U.S distributors, Dynojet.

I have emailed Dynojet and am awaiting a reply r.e the Power Commander, has anyone heard of these problems before with this bike? I am completely lost and don't know wether to bin the thing or to keep plugging away in the hope of one day getting to ride this beast of a machine again.

Looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks, JBPT

See less See more
#2 ·
I recently bought the same bike. Mine runs rich but it did come with the software to remap it. The previous owner installed a switch to cut the fuel pump off. To start it I usually cut it on for a second to prime the engine then start the engine with the pump off. The only time ive had problems starting the bike is if it stalls, it tends to flood. Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.