SuperMoto Junkie banner

Post Your KLX250SF Pics ?

415K views 1K replies 150 participants last post by  ram9cc 
#1 · (Edited)
Im going to customise mine very soon just designing graphics at the moment then i will post pictures :thumbup: Then on to exhaust and such.
Anyone got pics of their KLX250SF Customised ?
:D

cheers T

#338 ·
Dunno if anyone remembers me saying something about my bike seeping oil, but today it finally dripped. i put maybe 100 miles TOPS since i had washed it. looks like valve cover gasket and the head gasket...just kinda puddles up on the motor and eventually dripped down and off the bottom. i hope my extended warranty does me good. if not, im raising hell and getting the 351. im gonna put up some pics tomorrow when i have a chance.

#340 ·
Just Picked one up recently for $3400 with 288 miles on it. Love it so far but hate the exhaust and rear whale tail lol.
Welcome to the forum! Nice bike, good price for stupid low miles! Look around and you will find plenty of inspiration on what to do with that rear whale tail.. that was my first most thing done..

#348 ·
Not in person but i was all set up to get that one but he had a few others looking at it and then i found mine that i had first dibs. Haha i still have pictures of it on my phone looked like a very nice bike. Good luck
Can you send me the pics of it? I will PM you my number.

#349 ·
Here's the 351 I purchased from the original owner two weeks ago. The dealership the bike was originally sold at (Skagit Powersports) in northern Washington put the 351 kit, full exhaust and pumper carb on it along with the "SP" stickers.

#350 ·
ive seen that 351 online before...how do you like it? im still pulling my hair out trying to debate on pulling the plug and buying it. the 250 does not have enough power and 4k miles later im paying for it :(

TX has motorcycle laws!??? i guess here in houston all you need is insurance and a liscense and they let you go if you stop! I passed 2 state troopers and two sherriffs yesterday on fm1960 doing about 70. they didnt give me a second look. i think motards may be the exceptions...ive gotten pulled over a few times for doing wheelies, they never ever ever bother looking my bike over. they just chew me, ask if i wanna see my next birthday and let me go..

#351 ·
#355 · (Edited)
Just got her all cleaned up and washed off today. Here's a few pics of my baby :D Want to go for the 351 kit but I have to save up a little bit first. Plus, there's plenty of low cost things i can do till then. First things first though. A set of Distanzias like retardmotard had, only a 140 in the rear.

Attachments

#360 ·
Hey mcox and rm, maybe it's because I have a 15 tooth up front or that I'm not clutching it, but this thing won't come up for me. Glad to see someone can do it. I'm sure it won't be a problem when I go 351 :bannana:

#363 ·
Hey retard. Where did you get your frame sliders from? The ones that connect to those lower three bolts.

Oh yeah hey guys. Im new picked up a 09 with 4450miles for $2800. Absolutely love this little thing. I took a big step down from my Buell XB9R but so much more fun. And I don't know why you guys are having trouble pulling up the front wheel on this thing. :D I'll have some Pics up this weekend.

#364 · (Edited)
i dont see how you guys cant wheelie these klx250sf
my buddy has one (two bros exhaust and jeted) and i can pull it up and hold it with 12t and 13t/39t in 2nd gear!!!!
im sorry guys but its not the bike its you... just rev the piss out of it and it will come up!!!

#373 · (Edited)
i dont see how you guys cant wheelie these klx250sf
my buddy has one (two bros exhaust and jeted) and i can pull it up and hold it with 12t and 13t/39t in 2nd gear!!!!
im sorry guys but its not the bike its you... just rev the piss out of it and it will come up!!!
Haha i reved the piss out of it at about 8k earlier today while practicing, went literally STRAIGHT up 1st gear.. Rode the rear tail right off, broke the taillight, knocked the plate assembly off... Rode the wheelie for about 10ft then lost it.. Laid it down gently and bent the lever assembly pedal "$36".. Go big or go home.. I went for it hard..

Not bad, as i rode the bike home without a problem minus no taillight..
Looks like i will be doing my rear end project alot sooner then planed :thumbup:
"Grab Bar" will defiantly be in the works.. If i had installed one already this would have never touched the ground and i would have been fine. Btw only had the bike for 3 weeks... Im 180lbs fit, so leaning back is worthless for me on the bike.. I literally have to be on the bag... Grab bar and ill do circle wheels alll day..

Inspiration- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wZWW3ib8bs&list=UUaTnrxB4qMzUBDkyhWY1rzw&index=8&feature=plcp This guy kills it, look at his other vids..

#365 ·
I cleaned it up a bit and cut the rear whale tail lol. I also found out the if you cut the reflectors off the rear license plate holder you can flip the holder upside down and it gives the plate an angle up instead of flat. here are some pics of what I have done so far. quickest Ive changed and cut a bunch of parts on a new machine lol.

Also removed all the reflectors

Let me know what you think, I think it looks alot better I did order a ufo dirt bike fender for 06-08 so that will be going on once I find a set of integrated tail lights with turn signals that will fit nicely with it

#371 ·
I second that adr. SOL when it comes to tools. I suppose if I really cared about the holes, I'd put some plugs in like retardmotard (just gonna call you REMO from now on) did and call it a day. WRX, you look like me right after I bought mine :D every bit of extra crap i could trim, I did. And here's an idea for everyone.

Take the little white reservoir (underneath your left tail fairing), pull it off and drain the fluid into a water bottle. Then stick some sort of rod in the top of it, tape up the threads nice and neat with painters tape, then tape the bottom spout too. Use a piece of painters tape on the back side where the "sight lines" are and use a razor blade to make it a nice neat strip from F to L. Grab yourself a can of flat black krylon paint and let er have it! Make sure you keep a nice foot or so gap to make a nice even coat and BAM! You have yourself a nice sweet matte black reservoir to blend in with your black fairings :bannana:

If I could get the website to quit giving me upload failures, I would show you guys on my bike! :damn:

#374 ·
Sno, the only thing that would be better than reading your story, is if you had a video of it.:D :rofl: Don't ever admit something like this again.:D J/K

I'm going to help you with your story because you seem like a good guy.:D

Haha i reved the piss out of it at about 8k earlier today while practicing, went literally STRAIGHT up 1st gear..Feet slid off the pegs, one hand came off the bars and I had the sun in my eyes. I Rode the rear tail right off, broke the taillight, knocked the plate assembly off... Rode the wheelie for about 1300ft hanging off the side of the bike, I was at the poor little engines redline, when the POS blew up, I then jumped off.. The bike Laid down gently and bent the lever assembly pedal "$36" I was standing on my feet thinking, I need a better bike.. Go big or go home.. I went for it hard..

#375 · (Edited)
Appreciate it ADR, and i contemplated taping but i cant show you guys me biffing it let alone abusing the klx!! Must make it look good before taping, haha.. Im man enough to admit my rookienes, not going to play it off like im a tough guy and make excuses.. This is my first bike, ive been around bikes my whole life just never owned one.. Furthermore I ride snowmobiles!! Everything is a power wheelie theres no clutch on a snowmobile. Ill throw a pic up of the damage tonight MAYBE.. In the meantime im looking up shift levers..

Not many options for a direct fit on the KLX but may try something like this..http://www.drivenracing.com/content...id/870/name/drivenusafoldingshiftleverdasc-79 Thoughts?

#378 ·
Lol i killed my tail light a long time ago doing the same thing.

I'll second the motion that its individuals not the bike. I can actually get mine up in 3rd standing on the pass pegs. I dont like it. at all. But i can ride a second gear sit down pretty easily for at least a few hundred feet before i run out of power :( ill get some vids eventually. like when my bike stops puking oil......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.