SuperMoto Junkie banner

My RS50 (sorry its not a sumo!)

22K views 71 replies 18 participants last post by  hellish100 
#1 ·
Well, I wanted to change it up and I certainly did!
Ive wanted one since they first came out and now I have a super clean example with 1700 miles and its a 2000.

One problem: power.
This will wont be my normal ride, but I'll take it out every perfectly nice day, and would like to make that day a little bit more exciting...

What do you guys suggest as far as small torquey powerplants with around 25-30hp?
Ive heard really good things about the CRF150R motors, and Im sure its small enough to fit in there.

pics coming soon

#31 ·
i would stop playing with porting and big bore kits and sell the motor elec and carb you have and put an rm250 motor in with a rad valve and a modified(for the rs frame) pro circuit pipe with the super light rs chassis that would in my mind feel like a liter sport bike.

#35 ·
there is a guy on here that did a cr125 swap into an rs50. let us know how the bike is now that the mods are done!!!!

#36 ·
The Bike Runs!
The whole process was mostly painless. I think I used the wrong 0ring for the exhaust port, the spark plug was loose! I forgot a hose clamp for the top coolant hose and lastly the plug I installed for the oilinjector pump delete is weeping case oil a tiny bit.

So, I still have those few things to take care of but all I have to say is:
Hot damn!
Night and day difference, the machine revs better, puts it down better and just plain sounds healthier. For a second I thought that 10 or so hp was enough but I'll always be looking for more. I'll get it sorted out and just go from there. Today was a good day!

#37 · (Edited)
Yup, every little bit helps on those lil things! In the end you will get used to it and tired but maybe you can start by upgrading the suspension a little while you ride the shit out of it in your quest to make it go boom.

Then when you flop in your Yamaha Blaster 200cc oil injected air cooled motor with tons of aftermarket upgrades you will be ready. :anim_peep:

If you are like me, you're also a fan of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YZF-R125

Shame we can't get things like this.

#39 ·
Took it out for test run #2.
No leaks, No surprises.
I'll heat cycle it one more time, then torque the headbolts once more.
Then fit the body panels for the last time for a while!

It feels weird to have a motorcycle that needs nothing.:clap:

#41 ·
No idea on the top speed, I havent put the new sprockets on yet, but Im expecting around 75-80.

I have a line on a full racebike RS. It needs to be rebuilt but it has a title. I put my current on on CL so I could have funds to pick the other one up. If anyone is interested let me know.
The racebike is the ONLY reason for me ever wanting to sell my current RS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.