SuperMoto Junkie banner

INDIANA SuperMotards!

294K views 3K replies 98 participants last post by  elroy121 
#1 ·
Hey there...

Long time lurker! I recently got out of the Navy and am now back home for good here in central Indiana. I picked up a DRZ not to long ago and have yet to see any other street tards out and about... I do quite a bit of riding, mostly down south.

I know there are some other Indy guys out there.. Anyone interested in getting together before the weather starts to really cool off? The past couple of days have been perfect!

-Chris

#27 ·
No problem tagging along. Just glad to meet ya and grow the Indiana crew. Don't know any real details yet but I think everyone is waiting until after 12:00 or so, so that the sun can warm up the world a little. I will assume right now that we wouldn't need to leave Greensburg area before 10:30 or 11:00 ish. I am maybe about 50 minutes from Cicinnati Kid's house. Keep an eye on their thread and they will fill us in with more info. I haven't ridden with this group either so I don't know what to expect. I have met Antikid once and from what I can tell by just internet corresponding they seem like a good bunch of guys.
My truck is a long bed F-150 so I have plenty of room for bikes and gear. The trans is still giving me some fits but I feel confident it will get us there. Just have to nurse it along to get it moving from a stop sign.
I like to be warm so I will probably wear tons of layers. I will bring my leathers but will also bring MX gear depending on the temp.

#28 ·
Sounds good! I too am looking forward to meeting some guys to ride with. I tend to choose the GSXR over the DRZ for that exact reason... Nobody to hooligan around with! Its no fun getting arrested by yourself! :rofl: I have a GPS I can bring along if that would make things easier going to and from? I myself suck with directions so its a life saver for me. I shouldn't have too much excessive gear, as all I have is street gear. I've only had the motard for a couple months...

By the looks of it, the weather is suppose to be pretty mild this week as well. I am planning on riding today and definitely this weekend. If you have some free time let me know and we can get together and do some riding before the 27th.

As you gather the details, just fill me in! Thanks!

#29 ·
Foster, are you going to be out riding at all this weekend? I have been out the past 2 days... Yesterday was a bit chilly, but the rest of the weekend is suppose to be in the upper 50's / low 60's. I know Sunday a friend and I will be out on the sport bikes. But today and tomorrow I'll be on the Dizzer...

#30 ·
Yeah, I saw that the weather is supposed to be pretty mild. If I do get out it will have to be local. My sister is coming in town from the D.C. area this weekend and I need to stick around to visit with her. (Retired Navy people themselves). I would love to go but I just don't think the TLR has the tire left to make a distance more than a couple hundred miles. It has a spot of cord showing that is about three inches long and by the time I would make it back home I suspect the it would cover the whole tire. Let me feel the family out tonight and if I get a chance to get free I will post up in the morning.
Thanks for the invite.

Kevin

#32 ·
Hah, brought back from the dead!

Nothing really new here... I'm so tired of this cold weather! I did get out and ride once last week. Just kind of blasted around and got my wheelie fix in for an hour or so.

I am now dealing with a sprained ankle, which really sucks. I'm hoping it will be all healed up in a week or so. I can pretty much walk fine, but my entire foot is swollen and pretty bruised. So, I have kind of just been bumming around. I feel like such a waste when I can't get into the gym. :headshake

I would like to get some work done in the garage on the bikes but I just hate working out there when its so damn cold. I have a little space heater but it doesn't do much unless your standing 6in from it...

Well that's enough complaining for me... How bout yourself, any GOOD news?

#33 ·
great thread you have going here:rolleyes:

lol :laughingr

when we going to ride again? i want to learn how to dodge cars like the master:bowdown:

#34 ·
Hah, sorry Indy is a bit down on riders!:thefinger

And as soon as this weather warms up... and my ankle goes back to its normal size... Id be happy to teach you all a thing or two on dodging cars!:D

P.S... Foster, do you know about when the kart tracks will start letting us run again?:hmmm:

#35 ·
New Castle may be a dead issue for us next year. Just have to wait and see. Sucks though. It really is an awesome track to ride on. Just not enough green coming in to justify their time I think. Hopefully DublX will be able to pull some strings for us again. As far as Whiteland I would guess they will be open around March. Head down Front street across from the school or where they park the school buses and that is where the track is. It is small and the grounds are'nt anything special but is is a place to ride without getting run over by cars, tractors, dogs.....
I'm staged up in Detroit tonight and it is always colder here. Someone seaid from Cincy that if wer are dumb enough to ride G&J then they will be open all year.

Thanks for the love Anti.
As far as our lame ass Indy thread, well you gotta start somewhere. You Cincy boys have police that have a lot more to take care of than chasing some crazy bikers around the city. My little burg town would nail me left and right if I started jumping curbs and terrorizing the area. Not that I haven't done it. Just haven't been caught yet.

Kevin
P.S. Hope I can still get an invite to the farm some day.

#36 ·
That sucks about New Castle, I was really looking forward to running there this spring. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!:rolleyes2: As far as Whiteland goes, it may not be the best but you bet I'll be there as soon as they give us the go! After all, its right down the street from me... I checked their website out and didn't see anything pertaining to us tards, so I am guessing you'd just have to call and ask?

Last weeks "milder" weather was quite the tease, as there is already snow back on the ground...:bs:

#39 ·
im from plainfield up around indianapolis, i have an 08 cbr600rr graffiti and im looking for a supermoto as well, until i get one im down to go cruise with you guys on my cbr, keep an eye out for me and let me know if you see any good deals on craigslist or the forums around indiana

#40 · (Edited)
Welcome sweendogie, what kind of bike are you looking to get? I have a GSXR 750 as well. Unfortunately, I lowsided it last week so its going to be out of commission for a month or two while I get it back together.

Here's a few I found on CL...Also check the classifieds here on SMJ. There are a few bikes for sale in our area...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/2227480158.html

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/mcy/2193149720.html

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/2192533996.html

http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/2231726985.html

#47 ·
i use a site called craigsy.com and crazedlist.com, im pretty good about finding deals... last year there was a guy in warsaw that sold a black 2008 or 2009 for $3500 with 80 miles on it... originally i was looking for my dad but now im starting to want one, street bikes are a lot of fun but i use to ride my bmx bike around town and a lot of people compare it to that without all the effort:D

also insurance and gas mileage on the drz's and wr's are awesome i got quoted 1/10th of what i pay on my street bike and you dont have to worry as much about getting a scratch on the plastic

#49 ·
Yeah, motards wreck a lot better than sportbikes. Like I said, I lowsided my GSXR last week and its going to probably cost me around 1200 to get it back to how it was.:damn: If I was on the DRZ... Well I probably would have simply picked it up, dusted it off and continued on down the road!

#51 ·
Trying to keep this thread alive...:rolleyes2:

Foster and I are planning on going to the Whiteland kart track located in central Indy in the next few weeks (14th, 15th or 16th of March). Nothing is set it stone yet, but if anyone else is interested chime in! The more the merrier! I know the track is open but we still need to confirm that we will be able to run on one of those dates. I'll post back up once I have a bit more info...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.