SuperMoto Junkie banner

INDIANA SuperMotards!

294K views 3K replies 98 participants last post by  elroy121 
#1 ·
Hey there...

Long time lurker! I recently got out of the Navy and am now back home for good here in central Indiana. I picked up a DRZ not to long ago and have yet to see any other street tards out and about... I do quite a bit of riding, mostly down south.

I know there are some other Indy guys out there.. Anyone interested in getting together before the weather starts to really cool off? The past couple of days have been perfect!

-Chris

#113 ·
Well, just got back from the track and had a great time! You guys that haven't been don't know what your missing! If there were other sumos out there it would be twice the fun! Here's a few pics I had my little bro snap... I really need to get a GoPro!

#116 ·
I drove through rain all day to get to Detroit and have to be at the customer's at 6:30 am tomorrow. Nice pics. Looks like you had a good time.
Did your little brother get to ride any?

I'll be there next time.

Fuzzy,
Google Whiteland Raceway Park
South of Indy about 20 minutes just off of Hwy 31 south and west of interstate 65. Small but fun. I started to really enjoy it the last time I was there. Maybe my 3rd day at this track.

#117 · (Edited)
Yeah, the tracks just 15min away from my house in Whiteland Indiana. It is pretty small, but like Foster said its fun! Foster, my little bro didn't get to ride. He had golf practice for his high school team so he just stopped by for the last hour to watch. Maybe next time he'll get a chance to get out there...

PS... I never realized how much of a long, lanky legged goon I look like on that thing!

#119 ·
This is my first year going, so I cant comment on how busy it gets. If we had enough people though I bet they'd let us rent the place out or something. But to be honest, I think the track in New Castle Indiana would be a better time as its twice the size of this place. I haven't heard anything about New Castle letting us run this year though... I'm going to have to call them and see whats up.

#120 ·
I drove past new castle on my way to Indy for a work thing last week, looked good from what I could see from the highway driving past. It was almost exactly 1 hour from my house so I'm down to hit that up this year for sure. I'm also down to hit up g&j this Sunday if they aren't having a Kart race.

#121 ·
Areck, did you end up hitting up G&J yesterday? If so, how was it?

A few of my buddies and I rode down to Putnam yesterday. They were holding there first track day of the year and the place was packed! I was really surprised at the number of bikes they let go out at once. The intermediate group was huge... I HAVE to get the GSXR done!!! I get the last of my parts this week!:bannana:

#123 ·
Sounds like fun and I am off work tomorrow but unfortunatly I am commited to staining the deck. Sorry. I do have two more days I need to burn or lose next week. Maybe Monday or Wednesday of next week would work for me. I will keep and eye on the weather.
I will keep ya posted.

#128 ·
I might be able to do Sunday as well. CJ if you want you can stop in Greensburg and I can haul us the rest of the way to Cincy if you don't want to drive the whole way.
Still waiting on some carb parts for Kade's bike. But should be able go myself if I don't get his bike going this weekend.

#129 ·
Sounds good Foster...:thumbup: I didn't get to the track today. Italkkart21 has a few things to gather before he's ready to hit the track and I didn't feel like riding solo again. I did however have a nice ride down into Nashville.

I posted over in the Cincy thread about G&J this Sunday... Hopefully some of them can make it as well. That would be a good time!:bannana:

#130 ·
Weaher and available time are still in the air but I have about one more street ride left in my rear tire. Anyone have a secret route that they want to lead a few of us around sometime this weekend?
I can always show you all around Decatur County. I make an OK loop around my area.

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.