INDIANA SuperMotards! - Page 3
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: INDIANA SuperMotards!

Wow! This summer should be a lot of fun. I have to stop by VP in Terre Haute to pick up a drum of U4.4 Then it's on! I would be down to meet up at the track some time soon.

Dan Young
    Last edited by Italkart21; 04-07-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Italkart21 View Post
    Wow! This summer should be a lot of fun. I have to stop by VP in Terre Haute to pick up a drum of U4.4 Then it's on! I would be down to meet up at the track some time soon.

Dan Young
    dan.young100@gmail.com
    Used to live at Sycamore Place apartments just down the road fro VP back in the day when I went to school in Terre Haute. Also at the corner of 13th and 3rd Ave. Are you from Terre Haute?
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

No, I'm from Indy but VP Racegas is in Terre Haute.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

No, I'm from Indy but VP Racegas is in Terre Haute.
    Damn, what are you running that you need race gas for?

Foster, hopefully your buddies knee feels better... That's the guy that just recently converted a 450 right? I know all to well about knee injuries. My left knee is haggered!

If more people are wanting to go to Whiteland soon maybe we can work out a date that works for all of us. I'd really like to hit up New Castle but I haven't heard anything yet about them letting us run this year...
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Tm 660 SMX

Nice, don't see to many of those! Is there actually a dealer around here?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Yeah, just right around the corner in Vancouver B.C.

Just got off the phone with them, ordering some spares...

hah, yeah didn't think so. So hows that work, you literally have to order one to the states and pick it up? I'm guessing it's not street legal?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Well, as of now I think I am going to plan to go to Whiteland on Wednesday the 6th. The weather predictions are 66 degrees and sunny!

Anyone else want to join??
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Weather looks great still for tomorrow! Nobody else wants to hit the track??? Come on!!!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Sorry dude. I got word today that I have to go back to Detroit for work again. Third time this month. Whooo Hoooo! Hope to be home by Friday. Have fun and be safe. Hope some others come out to join ya.

Kevin
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

No worries Kevin!

I'm headed out to Whiteland in a few, if anyone still wants to join I'll be there!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Well, just got back from the track and had a great time! You guys that haven't been don't know what your missing! If there were other sumos out there it would be twice the fun! Here's a few pics I had my little bro snap... I really need to get a GoPro!

-Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

That looks like an awesome track. Wheres it at again? Only place I have been is G and J kartway up in Camden, OH.
    07 DRZ 400sm-Daily rider/touring bike
    01 GasGas 280 TXT

sweet!
    what fuzzy said, where is it?
    I have a 2 wheel addiction
    05 KTM 625 SMC <street/dirt fun>
    09 KTM 200 XCW <woods fun>
    12 Trek Fuel EX8 <MTB fun>
    ?? Czar Mod (20") <Bike Trials fun>

I drove through rain all day to get to Detroit and have to be at the customer's at 6:30 am tomorrow. Nice pics. Looks like you had a good time.
    Did your little brother get to ride any?

I'll be there next time.

Fuzzy,
    Google Whiteland Raceway Park
    South of Indy about 20 minutes just off of Hwy 31 south and west of interstate 65. Small but fun. I started to really enjoy it the last time I was there. Maybe my 3rd day at this track.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Yeah, the tracks just 15min away from my house in Whiteland Indiana. It is pretty small, but like Foster said its fun! Foster, my little bro didn't get to ride. He had golf practice for his high school team so he just stopped by for the last hour to watch. Maybe next time he'll get a chance to get out there...

PS... I never realized how much of a long, lanky legged goon I look like on that thing!
    Last edited by cj_desmit; 04-06-2011 at 11:04 PM.
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

@ CJ - Maybe this summer the Cincy crew heads there a saturday or sunday romp...does it get busy in the summer?

@ Italkart21 - A TM...do want...tasty bike. PICS?

This is my first year going, so I cant comment on how busy it gets. If we had enough people though I bet they'd let us rent the place out or something. But to be honest, I think the track in New Castle Indiana would be a better time as its twice the size of this place. I haven't heard anything about New Castle letting us run this year though... I'm going to have to call them and see whats up.
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

I drove past new castle on my way to Indy for a work thing last week, looked good from what I could see from the highway driving past. It was almost exactly 1 hour from my house so I'm down to hit that up this year for sure. I'm also down to hit up g&j this Sunday if they aren't having a Kart race.
    -2009 Husqvarna sm510r-

Areck, did you end up hitting up G&J yesterday? If so, how was it?

A few of my buddies and I rode down to Putnam yesterday. They were holding there first track day of the year and the place was packed! I was really surprised at the number of bikes they let go out at once. The intermediate group was huge... I HAVE to get the GSXR done!!! I get the last of my parts this week!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Suppose to be really nice tomorrow... I was out riding the past two days and I'm thinking about hitting the Whiteland track again tomorrow afternoon. Anyone else interested?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Sounds like fun and I am off work tomorrow but unfortunatly I am commited to staining the deck. Sorry. I do have two more days I need to burn or lose next week. Maybe Monday or Wednesday of next week would work for me. I will keep and eye on the weather.
    I will keep ya posted.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

When are you going to be out there today? My schedule has kinda freed up.

Whenever man.. I wasnt gonna go but if your down I'll def meet up with you there!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Quote Originally Posted by cj_desmit View Post
    Areck, did you end up hitting up G&J yesterday? If so, how was it?

A few of my buddies and I rode down to Putnam yesterday. They were holding there first track day of the year and the place was packed! I was really surprised at the number of bikes they let go out at once. The intermediate group was huge... I HAVE to get the GSXR done!!! I get the last of my parts this week!
    I didn't get to the track last week, but I might be able to Sunday if anyone is interested??
    -2009 Husqvarna sm510r-

areck, if there's a decent number of people willing to go, Id be willing to make the trip. Post over in the Cincy thread and see if anyone else is down!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

areck, if there's a decent number of people willing to go, Id be willing to make the trip. Post over in the Cincy thread and see if anyone else is down!
    I might be able to do Sunday as well. CJ if you want you can stop in Greensburg and I can haul us the rest of the way to Cincy if you don't want to drive the whole way.
    Still waiting on some carb parts for Kade's bike. But should be able go myself if I don't get his bike going this weekend.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Sounds good Foster... I didn't get to the track today. Italkkart21 has a few things to gather before he's ready to hit the track and I didn't feel like riding solo again. I did however have a nice ride down into Nashville.

I posted over in the Cincy thread about G&J this Sunday... Hopefully some of them can make it as well. That would be a good time!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Weaher and available time are still in the air but I have about one more street ride left in my rear tire. Anyone have a secret route that they want to lead a few of us around sometime this weekend?
    I can always show you all around Decatur County. I make an OK loop around my area.

Kevin
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

The weather looks pretty crummy for this weekend... Rain, rain... and more rain.
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

I haven't rode for 8 days now! I'm debating selling my bikes and getting a boat! This weather SUCKS!

This Friday looks like the first day where rain is not in the forecast. Anyone interested in going to the Whiteland track?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

I gave up on waiting on the weather and also gas prices. Greensburg went to 4.17/gallon the last 2 days. I rode to work today to save a little and just had the itch. We have had rain but not constant like they kept telling us we would have. What about Greenwood? It was sunny at lunch but clouding over now. Brought the rain pants and my commute is short it isn't a big deal. Rain doesn't hurt. Pavement does, but not rain.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Yeah gas prices are the same here... It's ridiculous.

We've had rain everyday for the past week. Not constant, but enough to keep the pavement wet. Rain really doesn't bother me either if I have a destination, but if I'm just fooling around I'd rather it be dry out... Plus it gives me a reason to work in the garage. The GSXR is almost done! All I need is some heat tape for the lowers and a few random fasteners that turned up MIA... Pics soon to come!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Well it looks as if Saturday is going to be nicer now... Would anyone be interested in meeting up at the Whiteland track Saturday, instead of Friday??
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Did ya make it to the track?
    Hope to get there again soon.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Whats going on everyone?! We need to organize some kind of ride ASAP!

I'm so over riding solo!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

I'm back in the Detroit area for the night again. Hope my tire shows up tomorrow then I will be ready to go and not be worried about showing cord. Did some dirt riding with the fam on Saturday then Mom's day stuff on Sunday. Maybe we can get a ride planned for this weekend? I can host if no one else has something better. County roads of Decatur County and maybe even some dirt trails for a short stint.

Fos
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    Used to live at Sycamore Place apartments just down the road fro VP back in the day when I went to school in Terre Haute. Also at the corner of 13th and 3rd Ave. Are you from Terre Haute?
    Nice thread you guys have goin here. I live up in Terre Haute just down from Sycamore Place in the UV's (University Village) during the school year, then head back down to Bloomington for the summer. Will have to come up to the track up north whenever I finally find a bike for sale thats somewhat close (hopefully in the next couple weeks). Know of any available around Indiana??

Quote Originally Posted by baktrak View Post
    Nice thread you guys have goin here. I live up in Terre Haute just down from Sycamore Place in the UV's (University Village) during the school year, then head back down to Bloomington for the summer. Will have to come up to the track up north whenever I finally find a bike for sale thats somewhat close (hopefully in the next couple weeks). Know of any available around Indiana??
    Welcome baktrak,
    University Village was just being built when I left school. Yeah I'm that old I guess. I have seen a few DRZ's for sell around the Indy area on Craigslist. Any specific brand you are looking for?
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Well when i was younger i always had honda dirtbikes, but that was 12 years ago and some companies have been really been bringing there game the last couple years and I dont know what bikes are reliable now. . . Im goin to be mostly using it for cruisin to work/school (highway miles) and just havin fun with it. I dont really plan on racin much, mostly because I dont have time for it. Thought about building up a xr650r

and it seems like the DRZ's are pretty popular on here. . .

Hey there Baktrak! Good to see another new guy from the Indy area!

For commuting, I'd say the two bikes you mentioned would suit you very well... Do you have any sort of bike now? I'm always down riding in the Bloomington/Nashville area.
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Tm 660 SMX
    Gary's 09 bike?
    2011 Husaberg FS665SM -- PIKES PEAK SPECIAL
    2006 KTM 300SX Woods Weapon
    DUCATI MONSTER 1000S

Hey there Baktrak! Good to see another new guy from the Indy area!

For commuting, I'd say the two bikes you mentioned would suit you very well... Do you have any sort of bike now? I'm always down riding in the Bloomington/Nashville area.
    Nashville and just about all of Brown County is a good place ride. Have you ever been down near the Floyd Knobs area? its about 20 min north of Louisville. No, I don't have a bike now but I have the cash to buy one or build one, whichever comes up first. Is there any bikes I should try to stay away from? Ive read some threads that were talking about a few bikes that dont cruise well when you get them up to 60/70 mph. . .

I haven't been down that far south but would love to check it out. There are some good roads in the Bedford area as well but I never have anyone to ride down there with (that has a motard). The majority of the people I ride with have sportbikes...

Bike wise... If your wanting something with little maintenance and able to handle commutes well I'd look into the bikes that come as SM's from the factory. Any MX bike is going to be very maintenance intensive. A few bikes that would do well that come to mind are... DRZ400SM, XR650, WR250X, KTM 625/690SMC, Husky 610... Check out this thread, it has some good info... http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...evised-edition
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Quote Originally Posted by torque monster View Post
    Gary's 09 bike?

yep, that one.

I haven't been down that far south but would love to check it out. There are some good roads in the Bedford area as well but I never have anyone to ride down there with (that has a motard). The majority of the people I ride with have sportbikes...

Bike wise... If your wanting something with little maintenance and able to handle commutes well I'd look into the bikes that come as SM's from the factory. Any MX bike is going to be very maintenance intensive. A few bikes that would do well that come to mind are... DRZ400SM, XR650, WR250X, KTM 625/690SMC, Husky 610... Check out this thread, it has some good info... http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...evised-edition
    Thanks for the advice and the link for the thread, that helped narrow it down alot.

Yea, Bedford is not bad but theres not as much variety as Brown County or the Knobs has to offer. Floyd Knobs use to have a ski resort years ago and the hills are massive with winding roads from top to bottom. But, thats quite aways from where your at. . .

I'll have to check it out... A few of my buddies have been wanting to ride down to Kentucky on the sportbikes.

Let us know when you get a bike. We will def have to meet up and do some riding. I have yet to ride with another motard around here...
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Hey Baktrak, I know you were thinking about building a XR... Check out this link over in the classifieds:

While I'm at it... What's everyone been up to??? Lets freakin' ride or something, SHIT!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Advertisement
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast