INDIANA SuperMotards! - Page 4
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: INDIANA SuperMotards!

Me, traveling again for work. In Oakville Ontario just south of Toronto until tomorrow then back home tomorrow night.
    Gotta mow the yard on Saturday but should be able to do some street riding Sat evening or Sunday. It's coming to that time of year where I need to pay for my Indy ticket to mom and dad then hopefully in June I will be able to do a track day or two with Kade. Then comes the kids birthday's and Mid Ohio then Moto GP.
    I'm still willing to host a ride if yaou all want to come to Greensburg. Its just county roads but there is some good stuff around here.
    Or I can load up and meet somewhere else.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Advertisement

Fuzzy is about to get his WR put back together and ready for sale.
    He has the dirt and 17" wheel setup I believe. I would consider buying it if i had money.
    Plated in Ohio so I would think it could be plated in Indiana.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

i couldnt navigate over to that link for some reason. I found an 08 XR650L in kentucky for $3999 that had low miles but it sold 10 hours after they posted it on craigslist. . fml

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Hah, damn... The link was just to the classifieds here on SMJ... Someone is selling some parts off of a sm'd XR650.

I'll keep my out and let you know if I come across anything!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Hope everyone is doing well! I know we got some nasty weather today...

Foster, saw that you guys got hit pretty good over there in Greensburg. Everything good?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Yeah we are still here.
    It was a mean one. Lost shingles on the house broken window in Kades room, damage to the vinyl siding at the front of the house, garage door caved in and hit Lauras Jeep Compass and the spoiler on the Camaro. The garage was covered in leaves .Our neighborhood is pretty much a wreck and all of us have damage. Some a little worse than others. A buddy up the street had the corner of his garage roof torn off then while covering it up the ceiling collapsed on top of his truck that was in the garage. Lots of damage all around town but I haven't heard of any injuries. I spent the day tarping the roof and frankensteining the garage door back together so we could keep the toys safe.

Gotta love it.
    How about the Greenwood area?
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Wow, that really sucks! Sorry to hear that... Although good to hear you all made it through safe and sound, that's the important thing!

Insurance will be covering the damage right?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Wow thats quite the damange Foster. If I were in better shape (meaning if I could walk) I would totally say Ill come over and help ya if needed.

I got the WR back together and fixed the kick start issue and installed the new clutch hub. Has a small oil leak from where I think I boogered up the gasket. Pulling it appart and fixing that on Friday then its officially for sale. Tell your friends
    07 DRZ 400sm-Daily rider/touring bike
    01 GasGas 280 TXT

Do any of you guys (or girls if we have any) want to plan a date to go to Whiteland Raceway Park?
    CJ is out until after the 28th of June and I go to the AMA round at Mid Ohio the weekend of the 8th of July. Looking at the weekdays mostly. Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday as they are probably booked for races on the weekends.
    $25 bucks to ride all day. Axle sliders, bar end sliders, and peg sliders and catch cans are a must. Kade has been saving his money and is ready to go again.
    Pick some dates that you like and we will make ourselves available.

Kevin
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Im down as long as its after the 28th of June. Honestly, id rather drive the hour and a half and go back to G&J in Camden, OH. Whitelands fun, but its a bit small...
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Kade and I are willing to do either track. Scott (a riding buddy) and I are still planning to ride the big bikes on the 1st. We are feeling South East Indiana as a destination. I am either available for the next 2 weeks or I can go on July 11th maybe.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Me and a few bikes went South all the way down to Paoli last weekend on the sportbikes. It was an absolutely awesome ride! I'll ask around and I'm sure they will be down to do it again on the 1st... That is if you don't mind multiple people tagging along? We hit pretty much all the well known roads... 44, 45, 135S, 43S, 450 and 150... If you don't want to ride all the way up here to start, we can meet somewhere in the middle and continue from there. There's a few other roads I'd like to hit that are even further south along the river that I've heard are really nice as well...

AND... I am planning on attending a track day at Putnam on the 23rd of July if your interested?
    Last edited by cj_desmit; 06-17-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Bump for a ride date.

The Fourth is out and the next week is Mid Ohio weekend.

Anytime after that or even in the evenings are good for me.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

My bikes in pieces right now... Just got the FCR installed yesterday. I now have to put the forks, rear shock, and wheels back on. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I haven't started the bike up yet...

Did you end up going to Camden this past weekend with the Cinci crew?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

I figured you were still putting yours back together.
    Kade and I made it back over there for another good day. He wasn't quite in to riding when we first got there but then he got into it. Cincy kid was there and 9er and the gorup of Asphalt Junkies from the Cincy area. Probably 10 - 12 bikes total. Kade and I waited for them to peel off the track and then we went out to stay out of the way of the faster more aggressive riders out there. But all were happy to give him space so it worked out well. A few crashes but nothing major. Cincy kid took a tumble and scuffed up the Aprilia a little but still ridable. His stomach probably felt worse because his jacket rose up and was rashed up. He is like me and can't stand to have his toys scratched up.
    Fuzzy finally made it right as we were loading up. So we chatted for a few minutes. Don't know if anyone went back out Sunday or not.

How was Colorado? Didn't you go to the hill climb as well?
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Sounds like a good time, I'm upset I missed that one! I need to get to the track badly... Hell, I haven't even rode for like 2 weeks! I'm about to head out to the garage now and hopefully make some progress on the DRZ...

CO was awesome! Such a beautiful state, I am just pissed I didn't have one of my bikes! They have some sick roads! I didn't end up making it to the Pikes Peak Hill Climb as I was over ruled by the rest of the fam... I did however get a bunch of hiking/climbing in, whitewater rafting and ended up mountain biking Pikes Peak which was pretty sick! All and all a good trip, but its def nice to be home.

Are you still planning a ride on the sportbikes? If so have u decided on a date?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Bump to the top.

I'm ready to host a ride in my area.
    Just after this weather breaks.

Might be able to pick up a couple of Cincinnati riders as well.
    Let me know of your available weekend's

Fos
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Sorry I have been MIA for a while! I had a crazy busy past 2 weeks with country concerts, camping, and boating down at Monroe!

Have not road in a grip! The last time I rode the DRZ I actually blew the counter shaft sprocket seal and the bike spewed oil everwhere! I just ordered the parts so I hope to have it running within the week! My weekend schedule should be pretty open so just let me know if you commit to a date!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Yeah, i caught that oil leak in another thread. We have another DRZ rider about 30 minutes from me in Versailles area along with "darkershade" who has the converted Honda 450X. As soon asa they are free to ride we will definatly set a date to ride. Kade and I want to do another ride at Whiteland when the weather breaks again. Maybe in a few weeks during the evening time.

Keep in touch.

Fos
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Whats up!

I am going to be moving to Indianapolis in about a week so I figured I would shout out and see what is going on.
    Supermoto: The bad guy's bike.

Welcome and sorry at the same time for the culture shock you are about to encounter. But honestly indiana is a wonderful state to live in. I am in a small farming community about an hour south east if indy. Some decent county roads around me and if ya have a second bike for bigger adventures then you are about an hour from some decent riding in the south west. Get settled and post up again. After this heat breaks then there is some good riding season up until after november
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Welcome WillB! I am about 20min south of Indy, so definitely hit me up once you get settled and I will show you around!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Cool, I will end up being over on the east side near 465 and 70.

So how is the urban setting there in Indy, any good spots to hit up

I'll be honest... I rarely get into the urban parts when I ride. I'm sure there are some good spots around but its just no fun exploring and braking the law all by yourself... Maybe we can change that!

I usually head south when I ride. From where I am its about a 20-30min ride to get to the good roads. There is also a small kart track in Whiteland which is about 15min from my house.

Are you riding a DRZ?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

I spotted a 650 honda Sumo today around 62nd street and guion.

Quote Originally Posted by cj_desmit View Post
    I'll be honest... I rarely get into the urban parts when I ride. I'm sure there are some good spots around but its just no fun exploring and braking the law all by yourself... Maybe we can change that!

Speak for yourself! Im always getting into the urban stuff and breaking the law by myself I do save the really stupid urban stuff when Im in a group with you peeps
    01 GasGas 280 TXT

Sweet, and yup I gots the drz.

Got one!

has a 478 big bore, web cams, full FMF 4.1 system custom air box and filter, trail tech, excel wheels / talon hubs, white brothers suspension, vortex ignition with ignition switch, and a bunch of GYTR parts and other anodized bling for it got it for a good price and she rips!

Very cool looking bike.
    Where abouts in Indiana are you?
    I am in the Greensburg area about an hour Southeast of Indy and an hour West of Cincinnati.

Welcome,
    Kevin
    Last edited by foster; 08-08-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

thanks! im in plainfield about 15 minutes west of indianapolis

DAMN! That shit looks hella clean Tyler! The anodized blue case cover looks trick! Do you know if the PO messed with the suspension at all? The parts are ordered for the DRZ so I should be good to go in a few days! Bout damn time I'm going to have a few people to rip around with!

I actually just saw a black DRZ with a yellow/red/white graphics kit on 31 yesterday... Anyone?

AND... Whos going to MotoGP? (Better be everyone!)
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

yes suspension went to white brothers i guess, ill probably be at motogp definitely need to do some riding when you get that seal replaced

I'm ready to go.

Italkart, are you street legal yet?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Lights and a plate, check.

One of my neighbors just traded his CR for an XR-650. He is a motorcrosser at heart but has had dual sports in the past. This thing sounds awesome. Street legal with bigger wheels right now but he will be fun to ride with.

September should be a good month to do a group ride.

I'm always in for MotoGP. 5 tickets in turn 1. I will be ack and forth in Indy all weekend of the race.

Give me a call or text and we can try to meet up.

Kevin
    812-614-0043
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Default Moto GP

I will be around the Track all day and since I live in Broad Ripple I will be around the city all night.

Urban environment, yes...

Right on! I'll def be down there that entire week as there will be tons of things going on. I am just getting general admission tickets and probably wont be riding to the track on race day as my brother wants to tag along...

We definitely need to setup a group ride and or a track day as we actually have a decent group now... Not to mention the weather has been really mild this past week! Sure beats sweating your ass off in leathers when its 90+ with 350% humidity!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

So ahhh what exactly do you have to have to be legal here, I am gonna try and go and get my plate this week and wanted to make sure I got all the right crap.

Also I was just looking at motoGP general admission tickets lol.

Your riding a DRZ right? You should be perfectly legal unless you like hacked off your headlight and brake light...lol. Just go in and get a plate, they won't go out and look at your bike.
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Quote Originally Posted by willb003 View Post
    So ahhh what exactly do you have to have to be legal here, I am gonna try and go and get my plate this week and wanted to make sure I got all the right crap.

Also I was just looking at motoGP general admission tickets lol.
    So this means you made it to Indiana? Welcome. Are you familiar with the area at all? I live about an our southeast of ya but I can get around Indy Ok.
    I assume you are around the 70 and Post Rd area? Maybe up and down Shadeland?
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Yup, made it here. My warehouse is about a block away from post and 70.

Took a drive to downtown the other day, plenty of industrial areas that looked like they would be worth checking out, bad part is I have no idea where I was lol.

Hah, I honestly never ride down town so I am not to good with knowing where I am either... I've never been very good with directions. I'm more of a landmark and "oh, that looks familiar" kinda guy...lol

I will hopefully have the DRZ ready by this weekend so if your free maybe we can meet up and do some riding?!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Well, that's a no go for riding this weekend. Got the parts to fix my countershaft seal, installed them... Just to find out that the freakin' nut that holds on the front sprocket is stripped to all HELL. Sooo, now I gotta wait another 5 days to get another one from Suzuki. FML.
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Yeah no go for me either, moving furniture. I will be at MotoGP tho, we should have a little meetup there.

Default GP Schedules For this weekend

Basically everything about this event is a lot of fun. There are a plenty of opportunities to move around the track and watch different corners. Turn 10 is a great place to see the GP riders back it in.

IMS Track Schedule
    http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway...entinfo/35527/

Night Events, the stunters are Downtoown and the Flat Trackers are at the Fairgrounds. Flat Trackers on the Indy Mile is a MUST see!

Night Events around the city.
    http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway...ound-the-City/

I will ride to everything as long as the weather looks good. If there is rain I am not going to bother riding.

-Dan
    Last edited by Italkart21; 08-23-2011 at 10:38 PM.

When and where is the stunt competition? That would be pretty cool to see...

I will be riding everyday except race day.
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Ah, thanks... Anyone else planning to go to it?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Quote Originally Posted by cj_desmit View Post
    Ah, thanks... Anyone else planning to go to it?
    Cincykid, Antikid, and I were talking about riding out to Indy and watching the Endurocross. Still TBD if we are going or not
    Last edited by FuzzyBock; 08-24-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    01 GasGas 280 TXT

Advertisement
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast