INDIANA SuperMotards! - Page 5
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: INDIANA SuperMotards!

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBock View Post
    Cincykid, Antikid, and I were talking about riding out to Indy and watching the Endurocross. Still TBD if we are going or not
    Posted on the Cincy thread.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Advertisement

Not exactly sure what my plans are exactly for this weekend other than I will be at the track and riding a lot. So... If anyone wants to meetup or anything let me know!

Also, any interest in getting a group ride setup/track day over Labor Day weekend? I checked the G&J track schedule and they don't have anything going on that weekend (Sept. 3rd and 4th). I am going to call and make sure there open though just to be sure being it is somewhat of a Holiday weekend.
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Just found out that Flattrackers at the Indy mile is canceled.

The whole story...http://www.indymile.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Meeting up with Italkart21^^ tonight down at the circle to do a little riding. If anyone else wants to meet up feel free to text me... 317-607-sixteen seventy.
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Pic from Friday night Hooligan
    Supermoto: The bad guy's bike.

^^^ O Snap that looks awesome! I really need to get out to Indy and ride
    07 DRZ 400sm-Daily rider/touring bike
    01 GasGas 280 TXT

^^ Haha that shit was fun but super sketchy. I kept thinking I was gonna get stabbed by some hobo or something...lol. Wheres the pic of you Will?... Or am I just a shitty photographer?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

HA No that pic was the best at showing how big it was in there.

So when's the next ride.

Hah ah ok... And I'm down for a ride whenever! What's your work schedule like? I was at Putnam today all day on the GSXR. Had an awesome time but damn am I beat!

I'd like to hit the track on the motard soon if anyone else is interested??
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Nice to see you guys got something started. Hope I can make the next one. Kids are back in school now and the Laura doesn't get home until after 5. Tough to load up and drive an hour to only ride an hour or two. But riding a little with bud's is better than none at all.
    I went riding with a couple of fellows from the Versailles area last week. Once we get them good and legal then we can really get some riding in. The good weather to start riding again is coming back to us.
    Keep me updated.

Fos
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Whiteland.... Wednesday the 31st... three of us are showing up by 5pm to run supermotos till they throw us out. Who else is in???

CJ- you were riding Putnam Monday? I was there too but would not have recognized a fellow supermoto guy since we were both on big bikes! There seemed to be a couple 450s out there but didn't see anybody take them on track. Was a perfect day for riding.

Quote Originally Posted by DublX View Post
    Whiteland.... Wednesday the 31st... three of us are showing up by 5pm to run supermotos till they throw us out. Who else is in???

CJ- you were riding Putnam Monday? I was there too but would not have recognized a fellow supermoto guy since we were both on big bikes! There seemed to be a couple 450s out there but didn't see anybody take them on track. Was a perfect day for riding.
    I am down for tomorrow at Whiteland! I haven't been on the track with the SM in forever! I have no problem getting my ass handed to me out there! lol. So you guys are GETTING there at 5pm? It's only like a 10min drive from my house...

Yeah, I was out at Putnam yesterday! Pretty much perfect weather for a track day! I was running Intermediate on a Blue/White 05 GSXR 750. All black Astar leathers with a Orangish Bell Star helmet. I to saw a few SM's... RM450 and an Ape. But like you said, didn't see anyone run them. I was actually contemplating bringing the DRZ out there but didn't feel like beating her to death...hah.

What were you riding?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Quote Originally Posted by DublX View Post

Sorry can't make it Wednesday but Kade and I do want to get back to the track. We bought him a used TTR-125 for his birthday last month and I still need to prep it for the track. His new boots and chest protector are in so we need to pick them up tomorrow night. I will start working on sliders this week hopefully with the help of our toolmaker at work and get it ready for the next go around. He is good on the starts with the clutch but we haven't been anywhere yet that has forced him to learn to feather the clutch yet.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

I'll need to do some more supermoto this fall. Kind of replaced it with motocross this spring. Foster, we'll see you out there this fall for sure. If Kade is getting used to the TTR and wants to ride one at the flat track over at Marion county fairgrounds let me know. I have an "L" model with a trails/flat track type rear tire he is welcome to try. I rode it a couple times over there last summer. It is mostly stock except for the rear tire and gearing. It is a ton of fun for $15 on the Wednesday practice nights. Feel free to use it for a race if you want.

CJ- My wife and I ride advanced on the matching white cbrs with the neon stripes. I'm aiming to be at Whiteland before 5pm. Will leave the house around 4ish from the westside.

Ah, I do remember seeing those bikes out there. What kind of lap times do you turn out at Putnam?

I'll aim to be at Whiteland around 4:00 myself... This should be a riot! I've never been out there with more than one other SM before! See you tomorrow!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Chris twisted my arm so I guess I'll show as well.

I dont get done with work till around 6, but gonna see if I can ditch early and go straight from work to the track, hopefully they dont close too early! I'll charge up the go pro and bring it as well.

Just checking to see if everyone is still on board for this evening?!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Quote Originally Posted by cj_desmit View Post
    Just checking to see if everyone is still on board for this evening?!
    Sorry, still out for tonight.
    Next time for sure.
    I should be available next weekend for some road riding if all are available.

Willb003, Do yo have a truck or trailer to haul your bike to go ride? Lots of fun roads around me and some dirt sections to hit.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Yup I can haul my bike in my truck.

Had a really good time out at Whiteland today. It was good getting out on the track with a few guys instead of running solo!

Everyone knows that its not a good day unless at LEAST 1 person goes down. Being the generous person I am, I went ahead and volunteered myself!

We started running the track counterclockwise and I tucked the front end in the hairpin before the banked right hander. No harm done to me or the bike... Hopped up and got right back to it! Got to love supermoto!

Good meeting everyone! We def will have to do it again... SOON!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Sorry about the get off CJ.
    So how many showed?
    Did you get to meet Dublx?
    Cool dude right there with a lot of knowledge.

Just got back from picking up Kade's new boots and chest protector.
    Hope to start prepping his bike with sliders after lunch on Friday while at
    work. That is unless the auto world blows up again and I actually have to finish
    the work week by working. Hate it when that happens.
    Just remember when he shows up that he is slower needs a little more space. He has been pretty good about blocking mid corner right when you think you can pass.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Foster... 4 of us ended up riding. Willb003 got off work late and showed up when we were getting ready to leave so didn't end up riding.

I did meet Eric (DublX), he was out there railing on his 450r!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Default hit me up

i would like to go ride too. dont have sumo wheels yet but think i can hang.

Quote Originally Posted by chalyror6 View Post
    i would like to go ride too. dont have sumo wheels yet but think i can hang.
    Welcome and where are ya from in the area?
    Me, Greensburg area.
    Knobby's will do fine for what I have around my area. County roads and trails and such.
    Are you street legal with your bike?

Kevin
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Unhappy Hey Kevin

I'm out near Pendleton but not afraid to travel. I've got a street legal xr650r, a buddy of mine lives out that way that has a 650l
    wera racer

Will and I are thinking about riding down south around the Bloomington/Brown County area this weekend. Anyone else want to tag along?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Will and I are thinking about riding down south around the Bloomington/Brown County area this weekend. Anyone else want to tag along?
    I may be able to do Sunday.
    There is a school just East of 135 and 46 to drop and ride maybe. Or you have some different routes?
    Are you riding from Greenwood area? May I unload at the parents house. If not I have a buddy that lives just of of 135 in Greenwood.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Ok, so we settled on Sunday for the group ride. Now we just need a time...? Foster is trucking his bike to my house. So, I suppose we can all rendezvous at my place and then roll from there. Hopefully we wont run into any rain as there's a small chance for thunderstorms I believe...

So far its...
    ME
    Foster
    Willb
    chalyror6

I'll get a hold of 2 other guys I know with sm's and see if they are interested. The more the merrier so feel free to invite anyone...

I don't really have a set route. I know of some good roads (45 and old 135) but they really don't connect to one another. Sooo, plan on getting lost as I plan on taking some backass country roads... If anyone wants to hit a particular area or had some roads in mind, speak up!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

I will go with the flow on this one.
    But we could do 135 from Greenwood. To 45 into Bloomington. 446 Across lake Monroe, even though the boat and camper traffic will piss me off. Then 58 West back to 135 towards Storie. Then we could pick up Hoover Rd. off of 46 to either connect to 135 North of Nashville again or roll through the Princess lakes back towards Camp Attebury somehow.
    These are all kinda "bigger" bike roads but they could be fun with a group on the tards.

I will try and mount the GPS to the DR or bring some maps if needed.
    Lots of good stuff to get lost in around that area.

Supposed to warm back up as well. I can't wait.

Fos
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Any ride or start time details ironed out yet?

CJ, looking at Google what is 135 out of Greenwood down to Nashville like? I know it from Nashville back up to Beanblossom but not north of that. I may consider launching from Columbus or Nashville and meet you guys somewhere. The distance is about the same for me but riding with the group the whole way would be a lot of fun as well. Decisions decisions.
    I may need to be home by 5 or 6 so if I am in that area then I wouldn't have to go and hour north to come back an hour south.

Kevin

phone - 812-614-0043
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

135 North of Beanblossom is pretty uneventful... I was not planning on taking 135 all the way into Nashville though. I have a rough route mapped out. If you shoot me your email address I can send it to you. We don't have to take all the roads, as I highlighted a good bit. But, I thought that way it would give us a few different options. I stayed North of 58 as any further South and it starts to be a pain heading back. I also avoided almost all main roads. The majority are all back country/county roads that even I have not been on before.

I talked to Will and we thought 10 or 11AM would be a good time to meet up at my place on Sunday. When we will be getting back... I have no idea. If you don't want to drop off at my place, we can meet you somewhere along the way and go from there...

I am planning to go out on Saturday for a bit and ride some of the roads that are new to me, just to see if there worthwhile... But on the map they look pretty damn twisty!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

I'm up for anything. I only mentioned the bigger roads as a suggestion but like I said, they are better for the bigger bikes.
    I will just unload at your house in Greenwood. That way we can all roll out together. Nothing real pressing for me to be home for that evening. Laura's bday was last week and her parents just want to do supper at some time.
    Just text me the address so I can punch it into the GPS.
    I can roll out of Gburg around 9 and be there at 10ish.

Fos
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Well, me and Willb did somewhat of a test run of tomorrows route... Ended up doing things a bit backwards but it was still a good time! A lot of tight twisty roads and surprisingly a lot of them are gravel/dirt which just adds to the fun.

A few small mishaps... One involving a pickup truck and a ditch .. and one involving the Brown County police department ... Was interesting to say the least! We will have to lay low and stay off the main roads as I guess there's some kind of "Bike Fest" going on in Brown County and the cops are out in force...

Tomorrow we are planning on meeting at my place around 11AM ish. As of now its still the 4 of us. If anyone else wants to join let me know and I can give you directions!

Feel free to text me anytime at 317-607-sixteen seventy.

See you all tomorrow!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Thanks for the ride yesterday fella's. I had a ton of fun.
    Hope we can get together again before the weather turns bad.
    Gotta finish up my house with one more door to replace after the May storms that blew through our area but should be ready to go in a week or two.

Any pics or video coming of the outtakes?

Kevin
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

For sure, I had a good time as well. Hopefully I can scope the area out a bit more and get a better route laid out. That was my first time on a lot of those roads so sorry for some of the confusion.

I think Will got a bit of gopro footage, not sure how much. I don't think we took any pics which kinda sucks. Next time I'll have to bring my camera. We will definitely have to do it again. Once the leaves start turning colors that ride would be pretty awesome I'd think.
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

I still can believe u saved that wheelie. If i had not have been there i would have called bull shit. That image will stay with me for awhile. "Nice save wedding singer."
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

had an amazing time, loved all the roads we were on and my maiden voyage on the wr450 was awesome besides my rock hard seat... i got a picture of mine and wills bike at the gas station after we dominated those gravel/dirt roads ill put them up here in a bit, next time im bringing the gopro or my camera and ill get some good pictures

Hah, now hopefully you hold onto that one for longer than a month!

Will and I are thinking about going to G&J Kartway in Camden, OH this weekend. Not sure which day yet but the track is a blast. I'm waiting to hear back from a lot of the Cincy guys to see which day is best for everyone. Tyler, you should come!... And anyone else for that matter! It's only $10 to run ALL DAY!

We are gonna car pool up there in my truck and split the gas. Not sure, but I think we could manage to maybe fit 3 bikes in the back? Ive seen it done before... Where there's a will there's a way!

Edit: Just googled it... Turns out it is possible to fit 3 bikes in an F150! We are good to go!
    Last edited by cj_desmit; 09-13-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    I still can believe u saved that wheelie. If i had not have been there i would have called bull shit. That image will stay with me for awhile. "Nice save wedding singer."
    Dude I cant believe I saved that shit myself! Such an epic moment! I didn't know you got to witness it! Tyler said he didn't see it so I thought you hadn't as well. I really have to glue my grips on! The combination of that and them being wet along with my gloves made for a slippery situation! I yanked up on the bars over that hill and my whole left side flew off the bike! I so wish it would have been caught on camera... Will said the gopro shut off like 2min before it!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

i might go not 100% yet my ass is still killing me from sunday lol.... heres the pictures of our dirty sumos

Yeah I have actually had three tards in the back of my truck before, I just put the two on the sides facing forwards and the one in the middle facing backwards, I also have one of those roll in chocks to hold a bike upright and lots of straps.

As far as the gopro it literally cut off like 3 seconds before you went for your little flight. Kinda sucks, I was pissed...

we got some good footage I just have to put it all together now.

Haha man that really sucks about the gopro... I can't even imagine what that had to look like from your guy's perspective! I felt as if I was riding a damn bull!

It all happened so fast I can't even recall what all exactly occurred... Did I just somehow manage to grab a hold of the bars again with my left hand?... All this happening while mid wheelie?
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Haha man that really sucks about the gopro... I can't even imagine what that had to look like from your guy's perspective! I felt as if I was riding a damn bull!

It all happened so fast I can't even recall what all exactly occurred... Did I just somehow manage to grab a hold of the bars again with my left hand?... All this happening while mid wheelie?
    I thought we were going to be picking you up of the road for sure. You pulled it up and and your whole left side was off the bike "Cowboy Bronco Billy style". I think what saved you is you lofted the wheelie enough to hold it in the air and somehow the bars stayed straight enough that when you landed it luckly didn't go into a tank slapper. you didn't get your left hand back on the bars before re-entry. If they could pull the microchip out of my head I could show it to you. Lots of luck, some skill, but mostly luck.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

^^ Hah yah, luck DEFINITELY played a part there!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Default Bummed

Should of went. It's not like me to miss a ride
    wera racer

There will be another. Im gonna putt around decatur county today if the rain hold off. What am i saying? Im going if it rains or not. I got the bike cleaned up so its time to get it dirty again.
    2001 Suzuki TL1000R
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM

We will definitely be doing another group ride... and soon!

On another note... WillB and I hit up G&J today and had an absolute blast! There was a great turn out, total of 10 bikes. Made for a really good time! Some super seriously fast guys out there with some really nice bikes. I feel like I represented the DRZ well though and held my own pretty well I'd like to think... A couple minor wrecks and one pretty violent highside. Everyone walked away unscathed, which is always good!

If you haven't been out there, I HIGHLY suggest you go!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Here's a few pics of me from G&J... courtesy of Geoduch!

-Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

need to go out there soon so i can show you who's boss on the wr

Shoulda' came man! I think we ended up with like 10-11 bikes!
    -Chris

-2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    -K5 Suzuki GSXR750

Advertisement
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast