SuperMoto Junkie banner

1100 ...or... 796...same price

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bthomas9 
#1 · (Edited)
Help me...

New 2010 796 Hyper (2 yr warranty, etc.)

or, used 2009 1100 Hyper (1 year left on warr., 3500 miles)

They're about the same price. (Maybe the used comes out a little cheaper by price-fibbing at the DMV)

WWYD...?

edit...there's also a new Dorso available at $1k less than both of these. I got nothing against the Dorso, other than the fact its not a Duc. :) But -- it's something to think about I guess...

#2 ·
I have a 2009 1100 Hyper and wouldn't trade it for anything out there. The 796 is nice but there is a big difference in torque and acceleration. It just depends on how you like to ride. The 796 is a little smaller but the looks, basic feel, etc is the same except for the huge "pull" difference.

#3 ·
The quick version is that it depends on what you are coming from/what you want out of it.

If you are coming from a Supermoto and want something Supermoto-like that can easily cruise at highway speeds, then go for the 796.

If you are coming from a sportbike and want something sportbike-like with dirtbike ergonomics (easier on the back and wrists), then go with the 1100.

Reader's Digest version, but that about sums it up.

Dave

#4 ·
Sport bikes with supermoto styling, nothing more. Heavy, stiff, fast bikes.

Want the very fast one or the fast'ish one?

#6 ·
Both bikes are outstanding. The warranty thing, to me, has never been a big deal because they don't tend to break within 2 years (some people get unlucky but most don't ever use it).

My vote would be for the 1100. I have yet to hear of anyone getting the 1100 and wanting to go down to the 796 but I have heard it the other way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.