SuperMoto Junkie banner

Mini's at PGP?

18K views 51 replies 13 participants last post by  Tom S. 
#1 ·
I am looking at building a Mini Motard for fun. Are there any big "kids" running mini's around PGP? I don't want to be by myself, and I don't want to build a) something too big or b) something too small. If there aren't any other's running a goofball bike I'll stand down, but if three is someone to ride with I'll do it. I am thinking no bigger than a DRZ/KLX 110, but I don't know if I want to build a 50 sized bike just for me. Any tips, ideas?

#40 · (Edited)
Does anyone know where I can find some budget 12" wheels for my crf150rb? I think it would be fun to come out and run PGP with you guys. I've been looking everywhere for a set of wheels, but all the quotes I got to build a set to bolt on was going to run me $1200 with tires. I'm already in my 150r more than I wanted to be and was going to sell it and buy a 250f again to trail ride...PGP sounds like a lot of fun and would give me an excuse to keep the 150r.

#42 · (Edited)
I raced a SIKK 125 trailbike with 16's I had built up...(it's a 3/4 size bike..bigger then a pit bike, smaller then a big bike)
I was third in points a couple years ago with it, then I broke the upper shock mount at the last event of the season (there went third place...)
The bike is a blast to ride! I overbuilt/repaired the shock mount and it's been sitting since. (I missed basically all of last season)
I have listed it for sale in the past and If anyone is interested PM me.
Otherwise, I may have to run it again in 2011!
BTW racing mini's make you faster on the big bikes, too!

#44 ·
I don't think those will fit on your CRF150r.....that would be sweet if they do. I ran into the same problem w/ my bike. I ended up getting 12 inch wheels thru Rad ( 12x2.15 front and 12x2.5 rear) with their disks....alot more $$ than the e-bay wheels.

#46 ·
I kind of figured there was no way the pit bike wheels would fit. I've been looking since summer, I have all winter to try and score a set for cheap. I got quotes awhile back and told the wife how much a new set will run :headshake I will make it out next season even if it means throwing slicks on the stock wheels...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.