project BLACK DIAMOND cr 500af street build

300K views 335 replies 135 participants last post by  jsromeo28 
#1 ·
supposed to start this build over 2 years ago:hmmm:

oh well,,,ive finally got it on the boil:clap:

donor bikes,91 cr500 07 crf 450

stripped crf frame and added aprillia rxv swingarm

500 motor stripped for full refresh vapourblasted

few bits of bling and frontend ( marzocchi shiver 50 pro action setup)

will add updates as and when they happen:thumbup:

happy days campers

taff

See less See more
#222 ·
Beautiful Taff.....:phatyo:

#224 ·
how bout you build...........a relationship with a female???:anim_peep:

jk dude.. the bike looks sick as we all knew it would!! what happened to tha black pearl?? you still got it?? it would be and awesome picture of them together!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

#226 ·
That's would be a SICK poster shot with both!
How come you sold the pearl?
And it must've taken super human will power to let that beauty go :-/

#234 ·
Taffy, I am well and truly stunned. I would like to say that The Black Diamond is a true work of art. It shows the time and the effort you put into this build. Thank you for not only saving another pinger, but making the late model bikes jellious... :thumbup:

#239 ·
I have to say, the idea of a supermoto dripping with cash and lacking a license plate seems strange. Typically, supermoto bikes provide the closest thing out there to cost-free crashing. With a $592.70 tank, expensive Aprilia swingarm, and no sliders anywhere, riding this particular bike around the track is a stressful proposition. Crashing this supermoto would probably cost more than most 2007 CRF450s are worth. Still, there’s no arguing that the end result is nothing short of impressive.
can't disagree with any of that!

#240 ·
The Pearl is beautiful, but the Diamond.....wow.....just wow. :rock:

I have no idea what is in store for your next build, and have no idea how you can keep topping your previous builds, but I am sure it will be awe inspiring to say the least.

#248 ·
Nice build. Tough to say which one is better... they're both amazing in their own ways.

I think the next bike has to be the other ultimate street machine, a CRF450r chasis with a hot XR650r engine stuffed in there so that you can ride it all day and night. You wouldn't have all the wrenching and high maintenance of running your old CRF on the street, and there is lots of custom fitting that will get you into build heaven.

#251 ·
i see my threads been moved to another section....suppose ime gonna have to post some fresh pics :thumbup:
Love the pics, looks even better than it did in the first ones (and that's hard to say)! Looks like she is in her proper habitat:clap:

#256 ·
Beautiful bike! :thumbup: :clap:

#258 ·
Sick Sick Sick !!! Love the bike !! Total build cost ????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.