Kush Sprockets

Thread: Kush Sprockets

Default Kush Sprockets

Im surprised you guys arent all over these new Kush Sprockets
    I think they are a great idea.In the beginning I heard of some kind of issues but was taken care of.I guess we will see. Id really like to try it on my WR450
    With all the people abusing their poor dirtbikes and making them do things they were never ment to do I would think think they would be a standard

http://www.kushsprockets.com/design

Advertisement

this has come up more then a few times.

I'd rather trust a cush hub that's a lot less likely to fail due it's overall construction than a sprocket that can shatter into a pieces.

from what I've read on other boards there were some problems with production back in 2010 which kept pushing back the release.

I'm working on a sponsorship deal with Ryan at Kush, I'd like to try them on my race bike to see how they hold up under harsh conditions... Any kind of pillow I can put between the track and my crank I'll take it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Man, if they are actually available and work as advertised without grenading, then I want one. The price is right.

yeah they had some issues with the first run of production.

i wouldnt mind one for my street tard but i hardly ride it anymore...
    07 KTM SuperDuke - Licence Eraser
    06 Yamaha WR450F - Street Tard
    08 Honda CRF450R - Race Tard

Wow, I had never heard of these. Would anybody be interested in attempting to do a group buy?

literally JUST put a 45 on the back of my WRX. like 2 hours ago. ill put some miles on it and see what happens. i know i cant abuse it like a 450 but i clutch up wheelies every time i get down to 2nd gear.im not at all impressed with the finish. all the dampeners were overmolded and kindof looked like crap. i took a razor to it and it looks better, but still...
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

Post some pics and give a review after riding it. Preferably in that order

Quote Originally Posted by WRsteveX View Post
    literally JUST put a 45 on the back of my WRX. like 2 hours ago. ill put some miles on it and see what happens. i know i cant abuse it like a 450 but i clutch up wheelies every time i get down to 2nd gear.im not at all impressed with the finish. all the dampeners were overmolded and kindof looked like crap. i took a razor to it and it looks better, but still...
    How does the weight of the sprocket feel? Notably hefty or average for a 2 piece steel/aluminum sprocket?

its actually really heavy. steel/steel. not anuminum/steel. riding it felt good. for street riding i wouldnt go any bigger without going to a 14t up front. its got good power and i can pull it up in 5th easier on the passenger pegs. first is still useable but at highway speed is getting up there in RPMs
    Last edited by WRsteveX; 03-15-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

Interesting. I wouldn't mind trying one. Wish I had seen them before I just bought new 40 and 42 sprockets for my 426.

Quote Originally Posted by crash279 View Post
    Wow, I had never heard of these. Would anybody be interested in attempting to do a group buy?
    yes
    Play the Riding Game!
    1 Tag / 0 Bonus Points / 1 Hot Twin Post

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool63 View Post
    Man, if they are actually available and work as advertised without grenading, then I want one. The price is right.
    They didn't work as advertised without grenading,the first go-round.

Ryan told me there was a problem with the bonding process on the first batch, bonding the rubber to the sprocket.

He said it's fixed now and all's good, haven't heard of any problems so far... So that must mean something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand.Man View Post
    Ryan told me there was a problem with the bonding process on the first batch, bonding the rubber to the sprocket.

He said it's fixed now and all's good, haven't heard of any problems so far... So that must mean something good.
    At first they were going to scrap that whole design and go another way, even discussed it in the forum on thumpertalk. Nothing for awhile and then they were back, with the old design....
    When I first saw their ad and posted it saying it looked interesting and engineer posted back that he had some real concerns about the design. I forwarded the interest from other forum posters and the engineers conerns and they poo' poo'd them.
    First batch came out and apparently sold quickly and self destructed just as quickly.

Now it's back......

SteveX you're the guinea pig on SMJ so ride it like ya stole it and keep us posted on whether or not it holds up to some good old fashioned abuse.

it seems to e holding us. but ive only put 150 miles on it. something is super loud though. i put a new front sprocket and chain on at the same time and it has a "whine"
    adjusters are straight, chain is lubed, spacers are right on the front sprocket. not sure what it is. nothing looks like its wearing prematurely...
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

Really interested in these for my Husky. Let me know how they work out.

Quote Originally Posted by WRsteveX View Post
    it seems to e holding us. but ive only put 150 miles on it. something is super loud though. i put a new front sprocket and chain on at the same time and it has a "whine"
    adjusters are straight, chain is lubed, spacers are right on the front sprocket. not sure what it is. nothing looks like its wearing prematurely...
    Is the chain rubbing on the inside of the frame?
    2007 RXV550SM/2007 KTM 690SM
    NO REMORSE / NO REGRET Previous Supermotos: 2008 SM510R

no. its not rubbing. the chain was a little tight. i guess when i put it on with the bike on the bench and the tire off the ground, i adjusted it to what i thought was good but with the bike on the ground and me on it it was a little too tight. BUT, its 90% better but still whines a little. i think i may have the front sprocket on backwards. i put the flat side towards the engine and the groove outwards. it didnt look anything like the stock one so i was just guessing. its a 250f sprocket.anyone know?
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

im gonna order one and let my built crf450r tear it to hell... i will let yall know whats up.

its more economical for me right now than a $400 hub.

$100 sprocket that wears out vs. $400 hub that doesn't? I dno, I'd say save the marbles and get the hub.

Im interested in the sprocket but it would probably go on a Cush hub
    Last edited by Sand.Man; 03-25-2011 at 08:01 AM.

what proof do you have that it wears out? just assuming that because of the rubber, that like body mounts on a vehicle it will deteriorate? im just curious what youre basing this on. thanks

j

well even if the cush part of it lasts forever, it will still only last as long as a steel sprocket. well maybe a little longer. thats as far as i can see the life of this thing lasting..
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

ohhh yes, i though he was referring to the cush part of it. any reviews on it?

seems to be woring good. of course i cant tell any difference while riding it. i suppose the wear of the teeth and tranny will tell over time. i do notice less wheelhop. but i put new tires and chainged front sprocket, chain and the +3 kush on the back so i dont know the culprit of the less wheelhop..
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

Default Any reviews

Any more reviews on the kush drive

working great so far, ive put pics up in the "post a pic of your ride" thread..
    09 WR250X
    08 SM450R

Advertisement