SuperMoto Junkie banner

Excel, Warp 9, Marchesini, DNA

173K views 294 replies 75 participants last post by  peck1234 
#1 ·
We've got a lot of wheels in stock ready to ship NOW. Just poking around the shop here, we have the following in stock no waiting on aisle SUPERMOTO for these wheels:

Marchesini DRZ400
Excel/Talon - Honda CRF, Honda XR, Yamaha, RMZ
Warp 9, Honda XR, Suzuki DR650, Yamaha
DNA Honda CRF, RMZ450.

Also- great inventory right now on all Moto-Master race and street brake set-ups.

Good deals.

#101 ·
DID or Excel wheels.

I am looking for a quality wheel set up for my 09 YZ450F. I am NOT interested in DNA or Warp 9. Have customers had good luck with the DID wheels laced on stock hubs? How is DID quality compared to DNA/ Warp 9 wheels? Or should i go for the excel/ Talon for the extra $$ and quality.

Do you have the DID wheels or Excels in stock for my bike?

#102 ·
I am looking for a quality wheel set up for my 09 YZ450F. I am NOT interested in DNA or Warp 9. Have customers had good luck with the DID wheels laced on stock hubs? How is DID quality compared to DNA/ Warp 9 wheels? Or should i go for the excel/ Talon for the extra $$ and quality.

Do you have the DID wheels or Excels in stock for my bike?
Hi

The DID rims are so/so quality compared to Excel. They are strong, but, for instance you can visibly see some bumps and ripples in the rim itself where the seams are in the metal. You don't get that on an Excel rim.

We have a set of Excel/Talon Yamaha wheels in stock ready to ship out on Monday if you get your order in this weekend. 17x3.50 and 17x4.25 on the rear. Black rim, gold hub. If that doesn't work for you any other configuration can be done up in a week or so usually. Order up here: http://www.motostrano.com/Excel-Talon-Supermoto-Wheels-p/kit-whls.htm

Joe

#109 ·
That's an awesome deal on the DNA wheels. I'm shopping for my first set of supermoto wheels for my '09 KX450. The dream would be to score the Excel/Talon wheels but I want to get on the track and still have plenty of other items to purchase. Aside from a slightly heavier wheel, how are the DNA wheels? I'd rather not replace wheels on a regular basis. I was also looking at the Motostrano wheels with the Excel rim. Strictly to be used on the track. Thanks!

#118 ·
It's a swell time to order up supermoto wheels if you don't like to wait.

Ready for quick ship and In stock, we have the following sets of wheels

Warp9 BMW G450X wheels
Warp9 Yamaha Wheels Black/Gold
Warp9 Honda CRF450 Wheels Black/Red
Warp9 KTM Wheels Black/Orange/Black-spoke/Orange-Nip
DNA Honda CRF Red/Red 5.0
DNA KTM Orange/Orange
DNA YAMAHA Black/Black
Excel/Talon Aprilia SXV Black/Red

Also some one-offs of rears and fronts.

http://www.motostrano.com/Supermoto-Wheels-s/1957.htm

#122 ·
#136 ·
#141 ·
Hows it goin Motostrano. I've been wanting to buy Warp9 sm rims (17x4.25/17x3.5) to lace to my stock 97 DR650 hubs but am worried about the slight offset of the spoke angles due to the cush drive...i can lace/true wheels myself very well, but is it possible to slightly elongate the nipple holes on the rear rim to work on the stock dr hub so spokes are a straightline shit? And do you carry a spoke set for said combo? Thanks.

#142 ·
Hey dudelinger-

Doing the spokes for you is no problem. As far as the nipple holes, that would be something you'd probably want to do yourself when you get the spokes and rims and line everything up. The other options of course is to simply buy the Warp 9 wheelset for your ride.

Let me know if I can help further!

Joe

#143 ·
Thanks for quick reply and good info. I'll be buying the warp9 hoops and the necessary spokes from you in a couple days. Do i need to make a custom order for all of that? And about how much for all of that? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.