SuperMoto Junkie banner

My KTM 300 XC Build

30K views 42 replies 27 participants last post by  The Wolf 
#1 ·
Finally getting my 300 XC built. Here are some crappy pics. Can't wait to try out the 2 stroke on the track!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
It's a 2011, plastics and graphics are stock. I've been using it off road for desert riding. I used to race an sv650 so I thought it might be fun to try something that requires both dirt and pavement riding. DNA wheels with contis 160 rear. Acerbis handguards (not installed), KTM peg sliders and axle sliders. EBC 320mm disk with stock caliper and master cylinder for now.

#8 ·
Nice, I am runnin exactly the same bike on KTM wheels and a 6 piston front brake. It is working real well on the track, great power (SX CDI), and light. I think the stock 22' triples gotta go in favor of a set of 19' or SXS if I can find a set. Bridgestone sumo race tires work great, but the front tire chatters when pushed hard (blame the 22' triples, was worse with Dunlop RRace tires). I think the topend is around 90mph and it has an awesome powerband for a supermoto track. One trackday left and it will get setup for iceracing!!!!

#9 ·
I'm still running the stock caliper, I think a new caliper and master cylinder are my next purchase. Funny you mention the chatter because I've got some horrible chatter with my contiforces and I've not been pushing that hard yet. I got rid of most of it with changing tire pressure and suspension. When these tires are burnt up I'm going to try the bridgestones. It's definitely a fun bike to ride on the track. I've not been out with any other motards so I haven't been able to judge the power vs the 4 strokes myself. What powervalve spring are you running? I've got the yellow in with the screw flush right now and it seems pretty good. I'm thinking about trying the red one next time out.

#11 ·
JH, the suspension is going to fine on the street on the 500, the SX is too firm IMO, I think the XC needs a revalve job but I did get it better yesterday.
Pheo, the red spring all the way in is what I have been running, pretty good power (even with a 450 when on the pipe)and some nice on-power slides coming out of the turns yesterday, not exacly the fast line but fun and controllable. More comp damping helped the front chatter a bit, I should have tried more but didnt want to wrench, just ride! I will put up a couple pics when I get some, 3 different cameramen out there, was a great last trackday!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.