SuperMoto Junkie banner

Who Makes A Replacment Front 320 For A TM ?

4K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  WILD_FX 
#1 ·
The stock one is a good rotor for the first year but after that the floating part is so worn that it rattles like mad!
Same thing as the first TM I had, so needless to say I have raped the web looking for one..:rant:

#7 ·
what do you mean with to big ?

since the bolt pattern is the same , the rotor will have enough metal to metal when attached to the hub. no certain years, i have a tm rotor for a 2011 model fitted to my 2001 modell and it is the same pattern.

it doesen't matter that the center hole is a bit bigger then that for a tm . bolts need metal to metal so fasten you know =) and i say it again the bolt pattern is the same , so the rotor will fit.

#10 ·
I understand that you don't want to buy something that don't fit :)

But you understood corectly the boltpatter is not related to the center hole the bolt pattern is at the same distans from the center of the hub

If we want to we can be really anal :)
The boltpattern on the crf and the tm consists of 9 holes equally spaced around a circle that goes thru the center of the holes , the diameter of the circle is 117,6
mm , but since it is enough with 6 bolts , they removed 3 of them , leaving us with the pattern that you have ob your rotor . I hope this will help both you and others in the future :)

#13 ·
I have some Brembo floaters that make way more noise than the TM disc. If you really hate the noise you could remove the rotor and hammer the retainer tabs back tight. Or maybe sneak a little silicone in between there. I'm not replacing mine anytime soon, IMO this is just the sound of a floating disc.

Probably 25 hours before I noticed it.

#14 · (Edited)
Well the pins and the plates seem to be tight but it's the aluminum inner were the two alloys meet. So on the braking force side so the gap has become much wider. I have had gafler rotors in the past that don't ware like that. Or make that loud rattle going over bumps or when rolling slow.

#16 ·
QUOTE=WILD_FX;1408079]So I get this CRF in my shop and I pulled the rotor off it. And the bolt pattern is way too big. It has the same type of pattern but not even close.
Do certain years have a smaller bolt pattern ?[/QUOTE]
Well I made another post forgetting this one what is still here. But I am still having the same problem but even worse now. The rotor is from a 2005 smr.at one time I had seen a rotor on a picture in a magazineit was a galfer rotor.my only other alternative is to get a hub from another bike and space it and fit it to my bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.