SuperMoto Junkie banner

Cush drive for SM510R?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Eric Landstrom 
#1 ·
After making a trip over to my local KTM dealership today and attempting to "assemble" a KTM version of Husky's SM510R and comparing the costs, I'm very comfortable with the idea of getting the Husky.

Plotting out mods for the Husky, I'm wondering if anybody knows if there is a cush drive available for this bike?

And if you've any recomendations, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thus far I'm planning on adding (at some point)

1) IMS tank 3.5 gal.
2) Slipper clutch
3)16 tooth counter shaft sprocket
4) 42 tooth rear spocket
5) The coolant recovery tank off of the TE510
6) picking up the first two sizes larger pilot and main jets
7) Front and rear axil sliders.
8) Peg sliders.
9) Posse Brush guards.
10) Accerbis LED tail light.

I already have an old NightSun from my mountain bike days and I'm planning on running it for high and low beams (since it is an HID system and way brighter than, say a Cyclops headlight system.

I'm also thinking of tinkering with the stock can myself—or seeing if it is possible but I'm open to suggestions.

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't go for the Accerbis LED tail light (unless you really like it). Order the Euro tailsection from Husky. Looks a heck of a lot better.

You might want, if you care about those things...frame guards. I'll snap some photos this weekend and post them for ya. That or wait and order the plastic ones the new Huskies look to have on them.

Stock can should be really easy to crack open. It was on my old 610 anyhow.

As to a Cushdrive. I've not found anything...maybe the KTM's unit could be modified to work?

#3 ·
SMR said:
Don't go for the Accerbis LED tail light (unless you really like it). Order the Euro tailsection from Husky. Looks a heck of a lot better.

You might want, if you care about those things...frame guards. I'll snap some photos this weekend and post them for ya. That or wait and order the plastic ones the new Huskies look to have on them.

Stock can should be really easy to crack open. It was on my old 610 anyhow.

As to a Cushdrive. I've not found anything...maybe the KTM's unit could be modified to work?
Thank you for the tip on the Accerbis LED. I didn't even think about the Euro light. By all mean snap a photo and if you've got it, the part number too! :thumbup:

I was looking at KTM's cush drive on the internet as well as wondering if the cush drive from the older SM610 could be made to work.

Really, all I'd need is a pattern as I could go over to my brother's shop, pack a mold and pour in some metal (my brother makes custom parts mostly for older aircraft engines and old Indians).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.