SuperMoto Junkie banner

Kick stand DRZ400sm

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  DJFireUSA 
#1 ·
Just checking to see if anyone has tried different kinds of kick stands on a drz400sm, like the ones that can bolt arount the swing arm ( used on dirtbikes ) Im only checking cuz I have the yosh dual exhaust and I keep scraping the kick stand when going through turns on the left . Thanks for your help

#4 ·
I drag my kickstand on the goldwing without an issue.

Send me a pic... a simple tab welded onto the stand should fix the concern of yu catching something in the road with the food of the stand.

I have the same pipe and kickstand en route to me as I type this... now do you like it sound and performance wise?

#7 ·
I do like the sound of the pipes. I dont know about the performace cuz these pipes were on the bike when I got it so I have nothing to compare it to . I tried to send some pics but they wont upload I'll give it another shot from my work computer

#9 ·
Either file the foot of the stand down or remove stand, weld 1/8" flat stock from foot to stand approx 2" long piece should do just fne.

The welding option... provide a ramp so foot can not catch or grab road imperfections.

File foot option...faster method... you are only trying to remove enough material so the foot no longer drags when leaning the bike. Do your best to match angle of grind to angle of road during hard leaning. I can explain better via voice... pm me for number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.