SuperMoto Junkie banner

CRF150F throttle tube options?

10K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  knightRider 
#1 ·
Did a bunch of searching this morning and came up empty.

Looking to get a 1/4 turn throttle (or close to it) setup for my 150F SM bike. The stock setup just isn't cutting it and it's putting a hurtin' on my wrist.

Anyone know of an aftermarket or other OEM application that'll work?

Thanks,
-DM

#3 ·
Don't use that. It is made for a pitbike, probably 1/4 turn on a 20mm carb. Buy a CR85 Throttle and Pro Taper Aluminum throttle tube. I run one on my PWK28 and it is very little turn to WOT. This is obviously for if you are not running an accelerator pump carb, if you have one just get a CRF150R throttle and matching tube.

#13 ·
dmyers what did you end up doing to get quick throttle on the 150f??? I'm at a total loss w/ this thing. I bought the motion pro vortex thing and the 230f throttle cable to fit it but the cable can't be removed from the 150f carb top! :poo::poo::poo:

with the exception of your reply and all my research, i think I'm going to have to build up the channel the cable rides in on the throttle tube cam like other people have, with epoxy or something similar. maybe that black stuff that goes into a screen window channel - to hold the screen in - glued in the throttle cable groove...

#6 ·
Give me another day or two. G2 Ergonomics helped me find a quarter turn throttle setup for my Ducati SS 1000 race bike. That thing had a long draw, slightly more than half a turn. He set me up with a two stroke single cable setup that wasn't too expensive and definitely did the trick.

I sent a note to them yesterday. They usually get right back in touch with me. I'll let you know.

#7 ·
G2 got back to me, they said to mess around with the throttle I have on my Ducati. He said the two variables are size of cable and amount of pull. He said if we can get cable to fit, we should be able to find a cog that will give the right amount of pull.

If you want to reach out directly my contact is Gary Gibbs, gary@g2ergo.com, tell him Dave Z sent you over regarding a CRF150F, I'm going to play around over the weekend with the system I have.

#8 ·
Finally got into the garage and pulled my G2 Ergonomics quick turn throttle off my Ducati race bike and mounted it on the CRF150F. I have the largest cog setup for this bike. I think the pull is a little too short. It makes the bike into like a 1/8 turn throttle. I'm going to give my feedback to G2 and order one size cog smaller which should make the pull between 1/8 and 1/4. G2 makes a great product, I've used other brands on my race bike but they all my throttle cable rubbing rubbing on metal, which meant they would break at the worst possible time. G2 has a plastic bushing that makes sure the action is smooth.

#11 ·
I had motion fit a cable to their Vortex Throttle Tube. I had to send my throttle to them so the could get the correct specs to build the cable to fit. But I would guess they kept the info so hopefully you wont have to send yours in again.

Its the GREATEST! The throttle before was almost unusable, having to regrip twice to get to wfo.

Heres the throttle tube- http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/01-0054/

#12 ·
Nice!

Motion Pro can definitely help with this if you just give them a call. I just set up my CRF230F with a Motion Pro revolver (adjustable) and custom throttle cables. I get to ride it for the first time today - hopefully my chicken wing days are behind me.

#14 ·
I just ended up leaving it alone and riding with my right elbow a little high, haha

I couldn't come up with anything good enough for me to be confident with, so I just left it be.

Building it up the way your suggesting is probably fine.

Hope your neck is doing well.

#15 ·
finally got it sorted out. When you order the stock honda throttle cable for the 150f you have to snap the cable in the carb top, so it comes separated! So now you have the carb top to use w/ the 230 cable and that motion pro vortex quick throttle. Ran this setup last weekend in a 4hr endurance and it's So much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.