SuperMoto Junkie banner

wr250x handbrake (list)

58K views 219 replies 18 participants last post by  Stubbz 
#1 ·
how many people are looking for a dual caliper bracket kit for the wr250x?

i hope with this thread we can get someone to start making them for us (ryan?)

#156 ·
Motul RBF600 is the shit. thats all i run in any of my toys anymore. much higher boiling point perfect for stoppies and for handbrakes.

there might be a picture on my thread of how my master is hooked up. id have to look at it to be honest. i run a line from the master to the res n hang it a little lower with a mounting bracket off the fork bolts or zip tie it somewhere. the maguras have a small adapter for the line on um so you have to use a reservoir with a similar size spout on it otherwise it may leak. a lot of front brake resys have larger spouts and would take a bigger line and then it wont fit onto the master itll be too loose. i like rear R6 reservoirs or the brembo ones.

#170 ·
look at any jap bike and where the lines hookup to the calipers those bolts will all be the same. visit any local motorsports dealer and they should have them right in stock as most bikes are the same. if you have a local dealer around take your dcb and go in there with the caliper if they sell yamaha suzi kawi honda whatever all thier bikes will be the same bolts. should cost ya a buck or 2 each id say. parts unlimited has them also and any other motorsports catalog company

#181 ·
just got my bracket on tonight... gonna pick up some banjos and fuild this weekend...
still working on how to mount my master and res... if anyone got pics of theirs i wanna see...?

gotta give it up to ryan.... very nice job and detailed too.....:clap:

#190 · (Edited)
help ryan

for some reason the brake pad on the inside not the piston side.... seems to be rubbing the disk?
like so hard i cant hand turn the tire??? got any ideas?

#201 ·
haha, do you have the clutch pulled in completely for a full out coaster when your doing that. seems like it would be easy to me for some reason cuz the foot drags are cake and i can do flamingo coasters for days on my quad and bike from any gear.

only problem i am going to have is my rear footbar does not stick out so i cant lock my foot into it like you can, mine only sticks up above the rear fender a couple inches but its pretty low. ill be more worried about slipping off during the attempt than anything. im short so idk how low i can get my knee to the pavement either. im sure it wouldnt look as good as yours no matter how good i do it but i cant wait to try it.

#205 ·
thats pretty much how mine is. the palm of my foot would be on the bar and toes on the fender but momentum should help me stay there anyhow. now if i could just get my shit back from powdercoat and get some warmer weather above 40 degrees id be all set. winter sux its a lose of so much progression i could be getting right now

#212 ·
So what are you guys using for line between the master and reservoir? Fittings? I guess im gonna need something ultra chemical proof. Little bit of a noob with this stuff.

#214 ·
So basically between my 13mm and the reservoir i need some 1/4" brake line? I figured cause it isn't pressurized i could use some clear tegon hose that is rated for brake fluid. Thats where the ultra chemical rated part came in. Also to hold the line onto the barbed fitting on the master and reservoir, are you using a spring clamp? Or does the barbed part on the master fit tight enough to keep if from leaking? Hopefully that makes sense.

#215 ·
ok now i see what your sayin.... you kit didnt come with anything?

wait for someone to chime in... i just used what came with my master

#216 ·
shoulda had an 80" line come with your kit that has fittings already on them just need to route it threw the bike and use banjo bolts to bolt it on. use gas line or something like that between the res and the master, your master should have a spout nipple coming out of it slide the hose tightly onto that you shouldnt need much for a clamp but a spring clamop is fine or safety wire is what i use. get a small reservoir so the spout on it is the same small diameter as the magura side and youll be all set. i do not use clear hose cuz it tends to sweat and eventually will get condensation in it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.