SuperMoto Junkie banner

Insurance...

5K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  P-TECH 
#1 ·
Hey guys another newb question, was just wondering what everyone is paying insurance wise on their KLX 250's??

These were my quote's; Haven t made a decision yet was looking for some input..

Progressive - $75
Geigo - $100
Waiting to hear back from the others.... Any info/coverage would be great thanks guys!

#3 ·
Full coverage? Ive never been one to fully cover anything i own so dont think i will be going on full coverage was just looking at basic.. I dont plan on wrecking or crashing never have but shit does happen...

#6 ·
We pretty much get the shaft in MI. Highest Auto insurance rates as well. I have no points or accidents in 30 yrs of driving. Only one claim in 30 years, drunk driver ran red light and hit me (auto) about 10 yrs ago. I tried Geico, they won't even give me a quote.

:2hard:2hard:2hard all insurance companies.

#11 ·
I payed full coverage on my 250x till it was payed for. But it's stupid I think. $500 deductible. I crashed it BAD one and replaced headlight shoud, front fender, rad shroud, foot peg, and lever for $100. It would take a semi driving over it repeatedly to total it...

#13 ·
I just got my Progressive Insurance statement in the mail today. I carry liability only since both bikes are paid for. Total premium for the year on my 05' BMW K1200S.........$83. Total premium for the year on my 09' KLX250SF..............$12!:thumbup:

:bannana::bannana::bannana:

#15 ·
"Liability To Others
Bodily Injury Liability $25,000 each person/$50,000 each accident
Property Damage Liability $25,000 each accident"

Premium.....$7

"Unisured/Underinsured Motorist $25,000 each person/$50,000 each accident"

Premium......$5

Total..........$12

It helps that I get discounts for:

Homeowner
Paid in full
Multi-Vehicle
Claim Free Renewal and Multi-Policy
Resposable driver:)rofl:) and Motorcycle Endorsement

...and I'm now 43 as of the 7th.

#16 ·
Wow, well im 22 and have a incredibly colorful driving record.. ha, No motorcycle incidents though, as mentioned wyoming law states that the coverage i have is the bare minimum.. at $75..

#19 ·
I just got a quote from Geico today since I already have my auto policy with them. For the '03 WR450 they offered the policy (MT state minimum liability) at $99/yr. To also add the wife's '03 WR450 to the policy as well, it still stayed at $99/year for both bikes. The agent said it's because that's the lowest rate they could give by law (what law is that???).

I'll be looking at other companies for quotes though since Geico wouldn't quote a declared value policy. They said they could cover accessories, but I've never seen that work out too well for anyone that has ever had to use it. That's why I'm wanting to put a declared value policy of about $10K on each bike. I've got more than that in my WR but less than that in the wife's bike, so it all equals out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.