SuperMoto Junkie banner

MIMRA Michigan

9K views 51 replies 8 participants last post by  e h donahey 
#1 · (Edited)
Ron Lutz is getting together dates for Jackson Speedway & East Lansing Kartway.

Lower pricing for 2012 so I have been informed!

:thumbup:

I'm still way too busy with Sportbiketracktime, Apexmfg, & the STT/Apexmfg/Triumph AMA race team to organize any of the local minigp events. You can always step up & help Ron, Nic, Frank, & Dave T.!

#30 ·
Hey thats Me!!!^^^^ lol, just found this section of the forum.

Yep were in in for May 12 in Lansing. Will have 2-3 Sumo pit bikes. Would have more if 450's were allowed at that track. We hit all the Misupermoto events with the big and little bikes.. Fun Fun! Cya there!

#33 ·
That's awesome! I'm excited to hear some new people are coming out! I just last night ordered a new top end for the rm and I've got a new set of tires for it waiting to be mounted up. I'm still trying to figure out a fix for my 60, seems to be sucking air through the intake boot that's dry rotted and cracked. Can't seem to find a replacement...

#34 ·
Talk to Teddy on that 60 might be able to make aluminum adapter and use new rubber on each side. Take a photo of what you need I might be able to help.

Also I have Timmy and Tarolee coming with me and 2 neighbor kids want to come try. So I'm looking at having 5 riders(2 adults and 3 kids) and 2 adult spectators.

We were told by the track that the kids must run in their own group now due to insurance change, I do not know the kid age cut off(Timmy my step son is 16 now).

They also said new insurance rules need fire bottles in pits and snell helmets but also did not check. I will bring my garage fire bottle and and set it on my trailer. They also now want us to walk our bikes in the pits, I just left mine up by the fence and walked myself back the pit area. Just wanted everyone to know look for a closer parking spot.

No boy say the "R" word we need some freaking good weather darn it!

#38 · (Edited)
just read a cl add for this. i need to find a bike and make it out to a race. been looking for a pitbike, then I'll probably need help getting approved to use on the track.

i'll try and make it to the june 9th race (going to be out of state for work then next two weeks or i'd say this weekend), if anything just to say hi.

didn't realize how close the el kart track is. I work at state rd and us 27.

#40 ·
Sliders are a must have, I think that's a track rule everywhere we go. The op of this thread used to make them but I don't know if he still does as he's pretty busy these days. Maybe try to pm him about them though, if he isn't making them maybe he knows someone who will.

#42 ·
Jackson Speedway does not require footpeg, frame, axle, bar end sliders.

ELKT, Palmyra, G&J, Michiana Raceway, Rolling Green Raceway ALL required them.

Biggest bonus for sliders is they tend to save your BIKE = invested $$$$... Also saves the non-concrete track surfaces:thumbup:

I might be able to make some quick sliders but don't hold your breath..... Maybe some racer/machinist would hook you up????

:bike:

#51 ·
we must of just missed you guys... We got there around until 1, rain died down then rode till 5. Its was wet and slippery but still had fun sliding around. Hopefully next time we have good weather!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.