SuperMoto Junkie banner

Muffler protector

32K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  apa 
#1 ·
Here is the NEW pipe protector that will be availible for delivery in 1-2 weeks from www.AdvancedPerformanceAccessories.com

As you can see by the pictures the material is much thicker and also extremely hard (almost like sport bike sliders) so it will not wear compared to a piece of soft rubber hose like is currently on the market from the UK or home made.

The colors availible are Red and Blue and possibly adding Yellow (My bike :thumbup: ) and Orange If there is enough KTM demand in the near future.

I need your opinions...... How close does your tire come to your pipe? My origional Yellow prototype protector rubbed on the tire so I am offering 3/4 or full like shown in the 2 photos.

3/4 - $24.95 Full - $29.95 World wide shipping is availible.

I will add this to my web site tomorrow for pre orders and knock off $5 for the 1st week.

See less See more
#3 ·
Muffler Protector

Advanced Performance Accessories is proud to release

NEW Exhaust / Muffler Protector.

Exhaust / Muffler Protector is Made of a thick, tough plastic material that resists wear and helps protect your Muffler in the event of a crash much like a frame slider.

Opaque solid Colors curently availible are Red and Blue

Availible in 2 length versions

Small- 9 inch $24.95

Full - 14 inch $29.95

To determin your size check for tire to muffler clearance. Full requires 3/4 inch clearance

This is a Pre Production $5.00 Discounted Order

Expected Delivery date March 15th

World Wide shipping is availible

Pre Production Discount price: $ 19.95 USD

#4 ·
Thank you to those of you who have already made your Discounted purchases! :thumbup:

Muffler Protector

Advanced Performance Accessories is proud to release

NEW Exhaust / Muffler Protector.

Exhaust / Muffler Protector is Made of a thick, tough plastic material that resists wear and helps protect your Muffler in the event of a crash much like a frame slider.

Opaque solid Colors curently availible are Red and Blue

Availible in 2 length versions

Small- 9 inch $24.95
***Pre Production Discount price: $ 19.95 USD

Full - 14 inch $29.95
***Pre Production Discount price: $ 24.95 USD

To determin your size check for tire to muffler clearance. Full requires 3/4 inch clearance

This is a Pre Production $5.00 Discounted Order

Expected Delivery date March 15th

World Wide shipping is availible

#6 ·
The man in the Brown truck finally showed up :clap: with the Muffler Protectors and I will be shipping to those of you who made purchases on Monday. Thank you for showing your support! :thumbup:

Any one else interested before the price goes up?

#11 ·
Like I have said in other posts, this is not a piece of rubber hose and it is very expensive in the std colors.The Orange will have to be custom made in a very large quantity . You are the 1st to ask about the Orange. If I pre-sold a bunch, say 20+ I would place an order for it. How many of you are ready to step up and want the Orange?

#14 ·
While a piece of rubber hose is certainly better than nothing ..........

Advanced Performance Accessories Exhaust / Muffler Protector is Made of a thick, tough plastic material that resists wear and helps protect your Muffler in the event of a crash much like a frame slider.

Colors curently availible are Red and Blue.

I am still working on Black, Orange & Yellow.

*****Tell you guys what I will do for my fellow SM Junkies....... After placing an order & payment..... email me telling me the color you would like, and mention that you saw it here on SMJ I will refund you $5. *****

Have any of you crash tested these yet??? If so please post details and photos!

#18 ·
Good news!

The plastic tubing will be produced & released next Wednesday so I will have it and start putting the kits together right after I get back from the Wisconsin NASMOTO race! :thumbup:

All of the orders already placed will be filled 1st. Please make your purchases to get in line for fast delivery!

And remember....... for a short time, there is a $5 rebate for SMJ readers :thumbup:

#25 ·
This was after a 3rd or 4th gear WFO crash this weekend in the Wisconsin 250 Lites class. I think they call it turn 3. Was the 2nd time this one was tested by Eddie Robinson, Mountain Adventure Kawasaki Team Green rider.

The pre orders & others will ship today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.