SuperMoto Junkie banner

'03 TE 610 Questions

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SoCalSar 
#1 ·
I've got a TE610 CA model with a Cat Conv :headshake . What pipe should I get for this thing. Anybody have any suggestions as to what to do after I pull all the smog off. Any suggestions for jetting or what not.

How about Rim sizes. I want 17's but is there a certain width that would work better than others. Anyone know if they make a 16.5 for these. Got 16.5 take offs that I would love to use. :D

Any other mods that I should go for? :thumbup:

#4 ·
I didn't think that the US model (even CA) actually has Cats. We get the stickers on the bikes though. Since your in CA I would think that an Up Tite pipe would a simple solution(loud though). Ferracci pipe is out of stock and Staintune is out of production. I like my stock pipe, quiet and throaty. If you are only on the road you can cut out the Krizman spark arrestors to open up the pipes.

With stock pipe my Jetting changes are... 180 main(stock), 60 pilot(50 stock), 264 AB nozzle(260 stock, dealer says this is most important mod), K32 needle(stock), drill out tamper proof mixture screw, and run vent lines like enduro version. I ride at 1000 ft and this works for me, only need to adjust fuel screw when it gets real cold.

On the mods... If your only going to use it as a SM and not DS the mods would be different than mine. I want to use it for both.

I would go with a 4.25" rim on the rear, I tried to put a KTM 5" rim(cush drive hub is the same, spacers would need to be worked out) and it was a tight fit. My goal is to find a pair of '99-earlier TE enduro wheels(they're Excels that are tougher than the stock Behrs on the TE-E) and convert the stock wheels to SM. I have no idea about 16.5" rims. The Eddy SeeL Rep has a 16.5" front wheel (should be in Husky USA parts pdf) but the hub on TE-E is completely different.

#5 ·
I have the ProCircuit pipe on an '00 SM610R. From looking at pictures I'm pretty sure that the FBF pipe is the same as the ProCircuit. I wouldn't go with this system. It make good power but the fit is not that good, the heat shield tabs broke and the shield fell off on the highway, and the bike literally destroyed the muffler! Started to blow the end cap right off. I ended up putting an FMF muffler on it.

I talked to a guy at GP Motorcycles in San Diego that got a great deal on a Leo Vinci system. They were getting rid of the systems for the older bikes, so that might be an option- if you can find one left. I think Akropovic made a full system for those bikes too, which would be a great system.I recommend talking to the guys at GP Motorcycles in San Diego. The number is 619-233-4762. They've been doing Husky for a long time and if anyone can find a system for your bike, they can.

For rims my SMR came with 3.50 up front and 4.25 on back. I'm pretty sure there's room for a 4.50 in the back. I do have the chain hitting the sidewall if I put a 160 on the back though....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.