SuperMoto Junkie banner

VOR En to Motard Conversion & complete rebuild

26K views 60 replies 13 participants last post by  VORMOTO 
#1 ·
Hey Guys

I am new to this forum, So i hope all my pictures get loaded correctly, If not, Please bear with while I get used to the site. :headscrat

I though I want to share my project with you all. I have decided to rebuild my current VOR 450 EN to a road legal Motard. The reason for this is that I feel so sorry for my bike in the bush and the fact that I struggle to source parts when something does go wrong. Hopefully if I stay out of the bush with the bike, It will not require parts as often......
(I will be getting another bike for the bush):clap:

Here is my Before picture. and a picture of the Motard rims I have already aquired.
I will be report back frequently and post pictures regarding my progress.

is there any tips you guys wanna give me before I start?

Cheers for now. Will be back soon...

See less See more
#32 ·
Im back!!

Managed to get some work done on my triple clamp and handles. Polished my aluminuim clamps and riser, powder coated the resevior and handlebar. And put some new grips on. These grips will be replaced by some awesome ones later, waiting on them to be delivered.

Full steam ahead from now on!!!

#34 ·
Nice work dude it's so good to see people working and rebuilding these awsome bikes!
Check the valve clearance regularly and if possible replace the water pump seals every year and you will be fine with that engine :bowdown:
You can get almost anything directly from Italy. Let me know if you need any help with that.

#35 ·
Thanks, I saw the link fmfrigerio@libero.it on your build. I do actually do need a waterpump seal, mailed the okes this morning. I really hope thier english is good on return email, as I cannot make out the descriptions on their site. :headscrat

#47 ·
I contacted Fabio, and he has got some seals for me, the only problem is that they are summer holiday and are only returning back to normal routine towards the end of the month..... And that is the only thing keeping me from starting my bike up for a test fire to check my wiring....Any change you might have an extra water pump seal laying around? I can sort you out via PayPal? :)

#49 ·
Yes i think i have an extra set laying around in my garage i will check tomorrow ok? If i find it i can send it i'm glap i can help out :D
Add me on facebook or send me an email with your address please
Thanks dude!!!!!:thumbup:

I sent you a mail, please let me know what I owe you!!

#37 ·
Hey guys. Was planning on starting with my plastics this weekend,then i got faced with a bit of a dilema. As you can see by the pic below, all my bolts are stuck inside the plastic mould of the tank. I cannot get this out, it is stripped. Arghhhhhh!!!!

Has anyone one of younhave this problem before?

I tried drilling it out,but the "housing" is so stripped, it just turns with the drillbit.

Before i cut it out, and try to remould the tank in that area, doesnt anyone have any ideas?

I dont want to buy a brand new tank, that is going to cost me in the regions of ZAR 2300 to get it all the way to sunny South Africa. That is equivelant to 57.5 big mac meals......

The rest of the tank is in great condition.

#42 ·
1st try with a little bit if brutal force and heat it came out. 1 down, 2 more to go. As you can see on my second photo, i dont have any leverage to attach my vicegrip to. I will sort something out tommorow night. :headscrat

Also, what worries me about the second one is that you can see the diffrence in lenghts of the bolt to the insert depth.(1st bolt) The bolt is 20mm and the insert depth is only 11mm. If the same bolt is used on the 2nd insert, i forsee some problems. I dont feel the bolts coming out on the inside of the tank.....and the tank never leaked.

#44 ·
Ok, finally got the last one out. Had to destroy the plastic to be able to get leverage on the bolt. Only occured to me afterwards that i could just have welded something on the bolt...... Atleast I have an extra shroud,

Also got some damage to the tank, but that is fixable.

The wife is going away on saterday, so i get to use the dishwasher to degrease all my plastics, tank etc... She will kill me if she knew ishat I have cleaned in there before. Just make sure i clean the filters afterwards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.