SuperMoto Junkie banner

Just realized my pilot power is on backwards, important to flip it ASAP?

5K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Skully25 
#1 ·
Well, I put it on the direction that the tread looked right, I didn't look at the little arrows :anim_peep:. Is it important for me to take it off and flip it?

#10 ·
With it reversed like it is now, it will channel water INTO the tire. With it properly mounted, it will channel water OUT of the tire.

:bs:

a grooved tyre will always disperse water no matter how it's mounted. the difference is the thread pattern on some asymetrical tyres is formed to optimise that dispersion. if you mount it the wrong way the tyre will still disperse water, just not as efficiently as it could be with it mounted in the right direction.

#5 · (Edited)
Thats just it, on these tires, I angled the water grooves so they would channel water out, identical to the rear tire. The little arrows point the other way though and if I install it according to them the tread pattern will look reversed. I'm not real sure how the water removal is supposed to work with them on the right way :/

They're supposed to be like this for some odd reason

#7 ·
race tires are designed to "flip" they are steel belted that way. street tires are not "belted" to be run in both directions. Get those tires right, and tear it up!

#17 ·
A light weight SM will not eat thru a tire like a fire breathing ZX-10R, liter bikes freakin eat tires like crazy.
you'd be surprised.

inline4's have a pretty lineair power delivery the way they wind up that's actually not that bad on tyres eventhough some bikes punch out 150+ hp.

big singles have instant torque that'll wear a tyre out pretty fast. on a 450 doing hooligan weekend rides pilot powers never lasted me longer than say about 1800 miles and I'm not even a wheelie guy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.