Everyone, I'm the Tech Inspector this year and Brian is my trusty assistant. Below is the list of requirements from the rule Book.
1. Drill and safety wire oil drain plugs and filler caps – may substitute with silicone sealant or equivalent.
2. No leaking fluids of any kind; oil, water or fuel.
3. No antifreeze in cooling system; wetter water or equivalent ok.
4. Carb and fuel overflow hoses MUST be routed into a suitable catch container – radiator overflow recommended.
5. Number plates must be securely attached and be easily read from 50 feet.
6. Remove kickstand – mini classes may retain kick stand if secured.
7. Wheels and tires in race condition; no loose spokes, flat or damaged tires.
8. Throttle operates freely and smooth.
9. No loose parts.
10. Lights and turn signal indicators should be removed; tape over glass head lamp ok.
11. Properly mounted peg sliders are mandatory; and other devices that protect the racing surface such as axle sliders are HIGHLY encouraged.
12. Failure to abide by the technical regulations may result in not passing technical inspection and not participating in the race event.
Saturday afternoon 3:30-5:00PM tech will be open. This is the preferred tech time as we will all be in a rush Sunday morning.
Sunday morning, tech will be open 8AM-9AM (Practice should start at 9AM).
Tech will be in the hot pits. Look for the Tech sign.
No bikes may enter the track any time Sunday without tech sticker. Bikes having gone through tech on Saturday do not have to be inspected again on Sunday.
Also note that sound checks will be done this weekend. This will not be part of the tech inspection but will be done during practice and during race day.
See you at the race.