SuperMoto Junkie banner

US Model 2013 KTM SMC 690 R

23K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  buddoggin 
#1 ·
Does anybody know if KTM is going to bring the SMC 690 back into the US? I talked to the local dealership and the endura models are sold out. Just kind of curious if anybody has heard anything.

#15 ·
I don't believe there are any "new" 2010 or earlier smc's on any dealer floors, anywhere. Anybody know otherwise??? I don't think they sat very long with the number of units they did import at the dealers, so, I think they would sell them if they did bring them here. Nobody really knows except KTM but I hope they do make them available here!!! Historically KTM will announce their street line at EICMA and then announce where they will sell what, in the coming months, keep your fingers crossed!!!

#19 ·
not saying a 1290 ktm wont be cool, but what demand will there be for that bike? why not just develop the SD? Seems like ktm is going down the "bigger is better" route. the 1190 adventure is bad ass, but how usable is that kind of power in the dirt? stop adding cc's and start adding the components like slippers and quickshifters, and start making geometry changes better suit applications of each bike.

#22 ·
Evolution and competition, why develop a 9 year old engine when things have moved on and the market is shifting in that direction. Most SD owners seem happy with the handling but want an extra 40hp to keep on a par with the power of a new Tuono or Speed Triple. The 1190 motor has been out for 4 years now so it seems like a logical platform to go from.

The big adventure bike market is leaning towards big CCs - BMW 1200 GS, Super Tenere and Ducati Multi; the new Adv comes with a slipper too.

Makes perfect sense to me :headscrat

#29 ·
I'm way past due for replacing my DRZ SM and I'd really like to move up a notch or three. I wish KTM would bring this bike to the US, I'd pay up front as a special order. I was looking at the Duke 690 and the new Ducati Hypermotard, but the suspension travel and ground clearance is too limited and the bike's are just too heavy. I could convert the Enduro (not that any dealers seem to have them in stock), but I'd rather just order the black SMC and call it a day.:damn:

I don't know if I should blame the dealers or the manufacturers, they piss and whine about poor sales, yet they don't bring anything decent to our market.

#30 ·
Enduro R's are out there. I picked up a 2010 with 1700 miles on it and they had a new 2013 on the floor (So Cal). I'm converting mine right now. I also come from a DRZ. As far as supermotos, they really don't sell well around here. If they did, the manufactures would bring them. I remember watching a 2009 DRZ SM sit on a local showroom floor for over a year. Out here, it's either Harleys or sportbikes. Even more of a standard bike like a FZ1 or a Ninja 1000 are a tough sell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.