SuperMoto Junkie banner

SXV swing arm on RXV

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  GuzziMoto 
#1 ·
Will a 07 SXV swingarm fit on a 07 RXV frame.

I am thinking about buying an RXV and want it SM. Seems like it would be easy to just get used SXV oem wheels and swing arm, instead of replacing hubs.

What do you think is Best and cheapest?

- all new SM wheels (no maintenance cost)

- use original hubs and get hoops, spokes, tires, and maintenance

- (if it will work) used SXV swing arm and wheels (no maintenance cost)

#2 ·
No.
The SXV swing arm is wider at the front and wont fit between the RXV frame.
It is easy enough to lace a 5" rim to an RXV hub. And you really don't need a 5.5" rear rim anyway.
You can switch from the original RXV swing arm to a later model RXV/MXV one which lets you run smaller rear sprockets without the chain rubbing on it.
I am swapping a 5" cast wheel from a Suzuki into My RXV, but my goal is road racing, not SuMo.

#4 ·
From what I understand, the front section of the frame is the same between the two and the rear cast section is different. The SXV swing arm is not just wider at the wheel, it is wider at the front pivot. Also, the SXV has a longer output shaft to space the chain out past the wider tire. Changing that requires splitting the cases.
Flipping the RXV counter shaft sprocket over is supposed to buy you a little extra clearance between tire and chain as well as clearance between the chain and the engine case allowing you to run a larger front sprocket. I assume washers to space the chain out an equal amount would be required with it. I have not got around to do that yet, so I don't know the details on how well it works or what it really buys you. It is too cold here, my shed is not heated, so I have not been motivated to work on it in the cold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.