Powerbomb vs megabomb vs stock YZ

Thread: Powerbomb vs megabomb vs stock YZ

Default Powerbomb vs megabomb vs stock YZ

So whats the difference/hype about. I have a 2006 wr450 thats currently in the operating room. I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust cam and exhaust per "crash279".

In ordering my parts i started reading about the different header pipes and figured id see what the general consensus/thoughts was.

Is there a true difference and is it worth the money.

Advertisement

I noticed no difference with the powerbomb vs stock wr header. But it does look good.
    Yeah buddy

Haha it does look good...yeah im looking for the stock YZ headers and can but its like gold...guess everything is when your looking..

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

I had a Megabomb on my CRF450 and definitely noticed a difference.
    It helped broaden the bottom end, but could still rev out nice.
    An added bonus is that it helped alleviate a routine that the bike often had when I suddenly chopped the throttle and grabbed the binders, it occasionally would unexpectedly die even though I had the clutch in, but the Megabomb helped that happen a lot less often. It also died less often when picking my way up through a tech section.
    It just seemed to breathe better on the bottom end. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC Cleatus View Post
    I had a Megabomb on my CRF450 and definitely noticed a difference.
    It helped broaden the bottom end, but could still rev out nice.
    An added bonus is that it helped alleviate a routine that the bike often had when I suddenly chopped the throttle and grabbed the binders, it occasionally would unexpectedly die even though I had the clutch in, but the Megabomb helped that happen a lot less often. It also died less often when picking my way up through a tech section.
    It just seemed to breathe better on the bottom end. I liked it.
    Thanks great feedback..

I always had a powerbomb on my yz250f and it was great. Megabomb only comes in titanium which is a bummer in my opinion. Too easy to ding, dent, and smash when hot. Also, I recently saw a megabomb cut away picture and it was the same diameter pipe through the "expansion chamber" , which was really just a football shaped shell on the pipe.
    Limitless Supermoto Videos: http://youtube.com/limitlesssupermoto

Limitless Supemoto on Instagram: http://instagram.com/limitless_supermoto

Quote Originally Posted by DizzerDarren View Post
    I always had a powerbomb on my yz250f and it was great. Megabomb only comes in titanium which is a bummer in my opinion. Too easy to ding, dent, and smash when hot. Also, I recently saw a megabomb cut away picture and it was the same diameter pipe through the "expansion chamber" , which was really just a football shaped shell on the pipe.
    FMF has strategically placed holes that allow exhaust to use the expansion chamber. Its not just an expansion welded on to look cool.
    09' SXV 550~Psychotically Badass

06' YZ450F Street Legal~"No, its an anniversary edition Yamaha"

i have looked in my power bomb header and was very disappointed to see the expansion chamber no bigger than the front of the pipe.... and when looking in the power bomb i saw only one little hole where the expansion chamber should be and that one hole in my guess is to let fluid out during manufacturing.
    09 WR250X PCV PROGRAMMER TWO BROS CARBON FIBER SLIP ON HEADER WRAPPED SEAT CONCEPTS SEAT ZETA HAND GUARDS ZETA 3 FINGER LEVERS ZETA CARBON FIBER FRAME GUARDS PRO TAPER BARS T REX AXLE SLIDERS YAMAHA TITANIUM FOOT PEGS Y'S GEAR REAR FENDER BAG EDGE LICENSE PLATE BRACKET AND TAIL LIGHT WITH FRONT AND REAR BLINKERS...AMR RACING GRAPHICS AMERICAN FLAG NOT INSTALLED YET

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndchapter View Post
    Haha it does look good...yeah im looking for the stock YZ headers and can but its like gold...guess everything is when your looking..
    Post up in the classifieds under 'want to buy.' That's how I got my YZ exhaust. I had 3 guys offer within 2 days.
    2007 WR450SM - "Aryel"
    1978 FLH - "Macy"
    1977 KZ1000 Chop - "Gladys"
    2007 CRF50 - "Fiddy"
    1957 Chevy Pickup - "Evilyn" & 1969 Suburban w/ LS1 swap - "Carly"

Quote Originally Posted by OneOffStroker View Post
    Post up in the classifieds under 'want to buy.' That's how I got my YZ exhaust. I had 3 guys offer within 2 days.
    Just did....we'll see crossing my fingers :-)

Look at this on eBay:

FMF RACING YAMAHA YZ450F 2003-06 TITANIUM POWERBOMB HEADER

http://bit.ly/YVisNg

$129.00 Ti head tube. The SS is 163.00.

Great thanks

Advertisement