What Bike Should I Buy SUPERTHREAD. Do not post this type of topic anywhere else! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 111 of 111

Thread: What Bike Should I Buy SUPERTHREAD. Do not post this type of topic anywhere else!

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,883

    Default

    The 450smr's have a dedicated frame. 2007 525exc's are factory plated as well as the 2008 and later 530's. I'm semi searching out a 07 525 for a dual sport, last of the Austrian RFS motors.

    We must...We must...increase our boost

  2.  
    Advertisement
  3. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    istanbul / TURKEY
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post
    The 450smr's have a dedicated frame. 2007 525exc's are factory plated as well as the 2008 and later 530's. I'm semi searching out a 07 525 for a dual sport, last of the Austrian RFS motors.

    We must...We must...increase our boost
    Just found a nice 525 sx 2003 low hour and has many extras on it enduro and sm wheel stabilezer etc. But i dont know is it easy to license plate and street legals on it

  4. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,883

    Default

    What state are you in?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    istanbul / TURKEY
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post
    What state are you in?
    South california SF

  7. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,883

    Default

    Not going to happen. The last year to convert a dirt bike to a street legal bike was 2001 or 2002, and there was a grace period. I would assume it was green stickered in this fine state, now it is in our system. Even with a South Dakota plate it will never get a CA plate. There is a reason why the plated ones are 2K more than green stickered examples. Also if your not a fat ass like me, 2007 and later 450exc's are street legal if the were registered that way. Still gobs of power, just higher up in the rev range. Any thing between 2002 and 2007 be wary, don't trust the seller saying it will work.

  8. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    istanbul / TURKEY
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post
    Not going to happen. The last year to convert a dirt bike to a street legal bike was 2001 or 2002, and there was a grace period. I would assume it was green stickered in this fine state, now it is in our system. Even with a South Dakota plate it will never get a CA plate. There is a reason why the plated ones are 2K more than green stickered examples. Also if your not a fat ass like me, 2007 and later 450exc's are street legal if the were registered that way. Still gobs of power, just higher up in the rev range. Any thing between 2002 and 2007 be wary, don't trust the seller saying it will work.
    Im new here so it will be double dificult for me i think the best thing find a bike already builded

  9. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,883

    Default

    If you're going to hunt down a supermoto already built or factory it will be in the 5-6K range. A plated dirt bike is 4K for a well used one, and 2K to put sumo goodies on it.

    When you said "sf" did you mean San Francisco? That is central California.

    We must...We must...increase our boost

  10. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    istanbul / TURKEY
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post
    If you're going to hunt down a supermoto already built or factory it will be in the 5-6K range. A plated dirt bike is 4K for a well used one, and 2K to put sumo goodies on it.

    When you said "sf" did you mean San Francisco? That is central California.

    We must...We must...increase our boost
    Yes very central 94121

  11. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,883

    Default

    I'm down south, Inland Empire. Plenty of plated early 2000s 525 that have been plated in enduro form. Still a little pricey for me. Patience will pay off for you. Remember it needs a plate and also verify the VIN number. Good luck.

  12. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    istanbul / TURKEY
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post
    I'm down south, Inland Empire. Plenty of plated early 2000s 525 that have been plated in enduro form. Still a little pricey for me. Patience will pay off for you. Remember it needs a plate and also verify the VIN number. Good luck.
    Im coming to south very often mate mail me ur bike pls metinndogann@gmail.com

  13. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default 05 crf450x?

    Is it a good idea? Heard the x doesn't have the valve issues that the Rs had at the time. Have an 06 crf450r and it has done great but want to keep it dirt only.

  14.  
    Advertisement
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •