Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike! - Page 28
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Results 1,351 to 1,361 of 1361

Thread: Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike!

How will having a lean on the title affect this process? It may have been answered in the previous pages but I got tired of looking through (made it half way).

Advertisement

South Dakota plate is in the mail to CA!

Still a little confused on the process of getting a California plate for it though hoping someone can chime in. My 450x (VIN is ok) will have "over 7500 miles" (on my new trail tech computer) and a South Dakota plate in my name. Just got off the phone with AAA and he said all I needed was a VIN verification from chp, bring them that form and that's it? I'll show someone the mileage somehow and then I'm home free with a CA plate and title?

Thanks for all the great information in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner132 View Post

Still a little confused on the process of getting a California plate for it though hoping someone can chime in. My 450x (VIN is ok) will have "over 7500 miles" (on my new trail tech computer) and a South Dakota plate in my name. Just got off the phone with AAA and he said all I needed was a VIN verification from chp, bring them that form and that's it? I'll show someone the mileage somehow and then I'm home free with a CA plate and title?

I wouldn't trust California, I've heard stories of street legal bikes XR650s having their registration revoked and reduced to green sticker only.

The only way I'd switch over is if I was forced.

I took a CA green sticker WR400F and SD plated it, had it this way for a year, no issues.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycorp View Post
    I wouldn't trust California, I've heard stories of street legal bikes XR650s having their registration revoked and reduced to green sticker only.

The only way I'd switch over is if I was forced.

I took a CA green sticker WR400F and SD plated it, had it this way for a year, no issues.

Yeah ive heard stories too... little sketchy.
    Just worried about the whole transfer within x amount of days thing blah blah California bs.

Well when you see a crf450x with a SD plate in the Oak Park area come say hi! Small world.

My papers are ready to mail out. I'll be taking them to the post office in the morning. Can't wait to get this done!

Yeah ive heard stories too... little sketchy.
    Just worried about the whole transfer within x amount of days thing blah blah California bs.

Well when you see a crf450x with a SD plate in the Oak Park area come say hi! Small world.
    That's crazy man! Small world. I've plated all my bikes in SD except one.

So if you ever see an SD plate out here it's probably me.

Default California?

Anybody on here have real success in CA transfering the SD plate over to CA? If so, anyone know the cost to transfer title/plate to CA? May have another option worth sharing if option number two ends up being cheaper.

Bubba
    2004 kTM EXC 300
    1999 WR400F Dual sport
    1992 WR250Z Two Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by B_ostrowski View Post
    Anybody on here have real success in CA transfering the SD plate over to CA? If so, anyone know the cost to transfer title/plate to CA? May have another option worth sharing if option number two ends up being cheaper.

Bubba
    2004 kTM EXC 300
    1999 WR400F Dual sport
    1992 WR250Z Two Stroke

It's been running the folks in our area about 290ish.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

Hey there Gunner, Im another one of those poor California souls, SGV to be more exact. Did AAA give you a price on transfering that SD plate over to CA? They arent making you take it to be inspected or anything for lights, horn, etc? Interested to see how your process goes, keep us in the loop!

Bubba
    2004 kTM EXC 300
    1999 WR400F Dual sport
    1992 WR250Z Two Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by B_ostrowski View Post
    Hey there Gunner, Im another one of those poor California souls, SGV to be more exact. Did AAA give you a price on transfering that SD plate over to CA? They arent making you take it to be inspected or anything for lights, horn, etc? Interested to see how your process goes, keep us in the loop!

Bubba
    2004 kTM EXC 300
    1999 WR400F Dual sport
    1992 WR250Z Two Stroke
    All he said was that i needed a Vin verification from chp. I think its this form:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/co...7-3d970b8ea1a4

now it says it can be done by a number of people but i think it got changed to just DMV or CHP, and he told me to go to CHP just to avoid dmv. I dont think they need to verify any street components as it already has a license plate, but mine will have it for sure if i end up taking it to try and get a california plate (and my odo will have over 7500 miles, even though its not on the title or registration or anything so we will see how that goes)

Didnt ask about pricing but i cant imagine it would be too much, its just like a title transfer. Price didnt really matter to me because im already saving a ton by going this route (plated 450x) instead of one of those fancy orange bikes

Ill make a phone call to DMV to confirm everything before i take any action and report back here, just been pretty busy lately and spending all my free time building my 450x.

Default Brappp

All he said was that i needed a Vin verification from chp. I think its this form:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/co...7-3d970b8ea1a4

now it says it can be done by a number of people but i think it got changed to just DMV or CHP, and he told me to go to CHP just to avoid dmv. I dont think they need to verify any street components as it already has a license plate, but mine will have it for sure if i end up taking it to try and get a california plate (and my odo will have over 7500 miles, even though its not on the title or registration or anything so we will see how that goes)

Didnt ask about pricing but i cant imagine it would be too much, its just like a title transfer. Price didnt really matter to me because im already saving a ton by going this route (plated 450x) instead of one of those fancy orange bikes

Ill make a phone call to DMV to confirm everything before i take any action and report back here, just been pretty busy lately and spending all my free time building my 450x.
    Hey what's up quick question if the bikes not 200cc ...is there anyway around it would they know if I just check off that it's a 200cc when it's really less than 200?
    Last edited by RAPTOR5; 2 Minutes Ago at 07:27 PM. Reason: Added more

Advertisement
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728