Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike! - Page 25
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1351

Thread: Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike!

  1. #1201
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Citrus Heights, CA
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supermotardmax View Post
    I have a question I'm hoping you can help me with. I'm going to atttempt the transfer with a WR450F. I want to buy it in CA, get the SD plates, rack up 7500 miles or swap clusters, then transfer to CA.

    My question is did you buy your bike in California? I don't want to have my VIN already come up as a green sticker OHV because I bought it in Cali.


    I bought mine in Oregon but it doesn't matter. You can start with a California bike and it works the same, once you plate it in another state it becomes an out of state bike. I have 3 friends that started with California bikes ( 2 wrs and a rmz ) and it worked for them
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

  2.  
    Advertisement
  3. #1202
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    8

    Default Success!!

    Just got off the phone with a guy named Spencer. Super helpful. $69 later and my tag is on its way!.

  4. #1203
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2

    Default I have a question

    Ok, I have a question about doing this. I live in Kansas where out of state vehicles have to have the VIN inspected before they can be registered. I recently bought a Suzuki DRZ400 that was previously registered in Oklahoma which I know is street legal, but a little plate on the frame of the bike says "this bike is intended for off-road use". Well because the VIN inspection saw this they wrote on the inspection sheet that it was not registerable for street use making it so I am unable to register it in Kansas. I am wondering how i'd go about doing this given my current situation. I'm assuming that i'd just have to run SD plates if I was able to make this work for me since if I tried transferring it here i'd run into the same problem. I live in a college town so i'm not too worried about that.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #1204
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Anyone know if it's possible to transfer the plate over in GA for a Crf450r?

  7. #1205
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    8

    Default Success in Georgia!!

    Super pumped! Thanks for the help guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #1206
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    63

    Default

    South Dakota plates look dope

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

  9. #1207
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Michigan G.R.
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zlabarre View Post
    Super pumped! Thanks for the help guys!
    You paranoid guys crack me up.
    I live for this

    2001 XR650LSM,Clark tank,Warp 9 wheels,Avon Distanzia's,40mm FCR -MX carb,UNI Filter,Marko Header,White brothers E2 muffler,CRF450R USD forks & triples,BRP SUB Mount,Scott's Damper,MotoMaster racing caliper & Rotor,Brembo 16/18 Radial MC,15-43 gearing.

  10. #1208
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    63

    Default

    That one looks lame lol

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

  11. #1209
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    250

    Default Maryland!

    Anyone from Maryland had their plate from SD transferred over to Maryland ??? Just want to make sure there are no issues if the title says "Dirt"

    thanks

  12. #1210
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Can this be done without the mso?

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

  13. #1211
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Michigan G.R.
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesleelamarhein View Post
    Can this be done without the mso?

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    Yes, with a bill of sale.


    The V65 Sabre is a sleeper and I go rice rocket hunting with it
    I live for this

    2001 XR650LSM,Clark tank,Warp 9 wheels,Avon Distanzia's,40mm FCR -MX carb,UNI Filter,Marko Header,White brothers E2 muffler,CRF450R USD forks & triples,BRP SUB Mount,Scott's Damper,MotoMaster racing caliper & Rotor,Brembo 16/18 Radial MC,15-43 gearing.

  14. #1212
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Well i call them few weeks ago and they say i can but need to be notarized for the last owner

  15. #1213
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Michigan G.R.
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebestwayrc View Post
    Well i call them few weeks ago and they say i can but need to be notarized for the last owner
    Sell it to a family member or friend,then buy it back with a notarized bill of sale.
    It's not rocket surgery.
    I live for this

    2001 XR650LSM,Clark tank,Warp 9 wheels,Avon Distanzia's,40mm FCR -MX carb,UNI Filter,Marko Header,White brothers E2 muffler,CRF450R USD forks & triples,BRP SUB Mount,Scott's Damper,MotoMaster racing caliper & Rotor,Brembo 16/18 Radial MC,15-43 gearing.

  16. #1214
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Thanks bud!! I here tx is purdy lean it on this ol' title stuff hickyuck!

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

  17. #1215
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
    It is updated..

    Pennington County Treasurer's Office
    130 Kansas City St. Ste 250
    Rapid City SD 57701
    605-394-2163
    605-394-6810 (Fax)
    Wait, this is different then the adress on the first page.. which is it?

  18. #1216
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Citrus Heights, CA
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supermotardmax View Post
    Wait, this is different then the adress on the first page.. which is it?
    The one you quoted in your post is the one on page 7 AKA the correct addy to send your stuff to.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

  19. #1217
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinepig View Post
    The one you quoted in your post is the one on page 7 AKA the correct addy to send your stuff to.
    Thank you my man!

  20. #1218
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Anything special needed to do this with only a bill of sale? I did this once with a mso and went smooth Have a 01 cr250 I wanna do but no papers

  21. #1219
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lenoir, NC
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kvpracing View Post
    Anything special needed to do this with only a bill of sale? I did this once with a mso and went smooth Have a 01 cr250 I wanna do but no papers
    I'm not sure if you would have had to do it with a MSO, but with only a bill of sale they wanted me to first do a title history search to look for any previous titles the bike may have had. So I had to fill out a "SD DPPA form" (<--- google that, it's the first one that comes up.... PDF, fill it out, print, notarize, and send in). They send back a paper with the results, if no previous title was found you continue with the regular application. But when you send everything in you have to include a copy of that paper they had sent back with the results of the title history search. Part way through the process they sent me another form to fill out, basically just stating that I received no previous title from the previous owner when I bought the bike

  22. #1220
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lenoir, NC
    Posts
    40

    Default

    I guess I should also post an update on mine too since it's been over a year now. I ran the SD tag for almost a year, when it came time to renew I decided to just go ahead and try and transfer it over. Took my SD title into the local DMV, she put it in the system and everything went through just fine.... paid my dues and she handed me a tag. About a month later I received the NC title in the mail, which has "MC" as the type. So no issues whatsoever transferring over for me..... KDX-200 btw. Still rolling right along..... put almost 10,000 miles on the ol' girl, haha

    Last edited by thirdgenlxi; 12-18-2016 at 08:30 PM.

  23. #1221
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi View Post
    I'm not sure if you would have had to do it with a MSO, but with only a bill of sale they wanted me to first do a title history search to look for any previous titles the bike may have had. So I had to fill out a "SD DPPA form" (<--- google that, it's the first one that comes up.... PDF, fill it out, print, notarize, and send in). They send back a paper with the results, if no previous title was found you continue with the regular application. But when you send everything in you have to include a copy of that paper they had sent back with the results of the title history search. Part way through the process they sent me another form to fill out, basically just stating that I received no previous title from the previous owner when I bought the bike
    How much did u send in? 7$? 5? Or 2?

  24. #1222
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lenoir, NC
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kvpracing View Post
    How much did u send in? 7$? 5? Or 2?
    Oh yea that part was kind of confusing..... I talked to 2 different people up there, and one said it was record search, the other said it was title history. So I just checked both boxes, sent $7 and called it a day, lol. Figured that would cover whatever. It worked fine. Also section C check the first box. Section B just put the info about the bike.... year, make, VIN, etc. And anywhere it says type, put motorcycle for everything. Don't need to put anything for section D if I remember right

  25. #1223
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi View Post
    Oh yea that part was kind of confusing..... I talked to 2 different people up there, and one said it was record search, the other said it was title history. So I just checked both boxes, sent $7 and called it a day, lol. Figured that would cover whatever. It worked fine. Also section C check the first box. Section B just put the info about the bike.... year, make, VIN, etc. And anywhere it says type, put motorcycle for everything. Don't need to put anything for section D if I remember right
    Should I do this and all my other paper work or just this form first

  26. #1224
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lenoir, NC
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kvpracing View Post
    Should I do this and all my other paper work or just this form first
    Just do this form first and send it in..... I think this one had to be notarized too. They basically just want you to make an attempt to find an existing title first, before continuing with the new title application process.... which is what this form does. If an existing title record were to come back, they want you to try and obtain that title instead. But if nothing comes back then they continue with the new title process. After you send this in, you just have to wait for them to send you back the results, which if there is no existing title, will just say no records found. Make a copy of that paper they send you back, as you'll need to send a copy of that in with the new title application and all that stuff

  27. #1225
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi View Post
    I guess I should also post an update on mine too since it's been over a year now. I ran the SD tag for almost a year, when it came time to renew I decided to just go ahead and try and transfer it over. Took my SD title into the local DMV, she put it in the system and everything went through just fine.... paid my dues and she handed me a tag. About a month later I received the NC title in the mail, which has "MC" as the type. So no issues whatsoever transferring over for me..... KDX-200 btw. Still rolling right along..... put almost 10,000 miles on the ol' girl, haha

    yes, another green smoker on the road !

  28. #1226
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi View Post
    Just do this form first and send it in..... I think this one had to be notarized too. They basically just want you to make an attempt to find an existing title first, before continuing with the new title application process.... which is what this form does. If an existing title record were to come back, they want you to try and obtain that title instead. But if nothing comes back then they continue with the new title process. After you send this in, you just have to wait for them to send you back the results, which if there is no existing title, will just say no records found. Make a copy of that paper they send you back, as you'll need to send a copy of that in with the new title application and all that stuff
    After you got that letter back. Did u full out the form for the lights. And have that notarized or did u leave that out since you put motorcycle on the title search

  29. #1227
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lenoir, NC
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kvpracing View Post
    After you got that letter back. Did u full out the form for the lights. And have that notarized or did u leave that out since you put motorcycle on the title search
    Yup still fill out the affidavit saying that it has lights, mirrors, horn, signals, etc...... all the stuff to make it street legal. Pretty sure that was the one that had to be notarized, if I remember right. So do that and the regular title application, then include that paper with the results of the title search, a copy of the bill of sale, copy of your drivers license, and I put a little note with all my contact info and told them to contact me when everything was ready and I would pay over the phone, and send it allllll in

  30. #1228
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lenoir, NC
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    yes, another green smoker on the road !
    Ohhh yea...... she's been on the road for just over a year now.... love it!! Actually just turned 10,000 miles today on a little mini roadtrip up to TN. I don't know how many are on it total, this is just since I've had it since last year, and it's only been tagged since last Nov, and only had the sumo setup since April of this year. So most of them are from this year, lol







    It was a little chilly up there, lol



    I was just about to post some pics up on KDX rider
    Last edited by thirdgenlxi; 12-21-2016 at 04:59 PM.

  31. #1229
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Update for everyone...

    They will check your paperwork pretty intensely for those without an MSO/title. They need a full chain of custody, affidavits, etc - its a complete nightmare.

    I'm debating buying a frame with a title or MSO and just doing a swap. If the MSO has "off road use only" - would they not provide plate/title?

  32. #1230
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Oak Park, CA
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Okay guys, I just registered here to thank you all for contributing to this thread. I've been able to register several bikes via SD that I would not have been able to otherwise.

    In regards to not having a title/MSO; I was able to get SD to issue a title for an '88 Yamaha XT out of thin air; I had no title or MSO.

    Attempt #1:

    1) SD Title App
    2) SD Bill of Sale (BOS)
    3) General Affidavit (notarized) - Here I simply stated that I purchased the bike with no title and there was no known lien or claim on it.

    Result: This was rejected citing, a title or MSO was needed.

    I did a bit more thinking, finally I called SD DMV; the lady basically told me they need "something" from the previous owner. I read between the lines and asked her to please return my paperwork. This was more of a strategic move; I figured I'd pose as owner, and have my GF sign the documents. Hence I didn't want Sd with two sets of paperwork for the same bike.

    I let about 2 months go by, just in case.

    Attempt #2
    1) SD Title App
    2) SD Bill of Sale (BOS) (I sold to my GF)
    3) General Affidavit (notarized) - I signed as previous owner; citing a loophole in my previous state's registration laws regarding the issuance of titles for old bikes. To be honest, I don't think SD will check on the specific previous registration of a bike, but I am certain they will check on whatever rule or loophole you cite.

    Please note I did not need the offroad affidavit as this bike was a factory street legal dual sport.

    I do know certain states don't title bikes that are offroad or have a small engine size.

    This may or may not work by making up some other BS, the worst they can say is no.

    This second attempt worked, the title and registration were sent shortly thereafter. All I have to do now is transfer it to my own name rather than my GFs. Happy ending.

    The moral of the story is check state DMV loopholes in regards to registrations and title issuance.


    I also just plated a WR400F, to get around California's bullshit green sticker non sense. Thanks again to all.
    Last edited by jimmycorp; 01-03-2017 at 01:34 PM.

  33. #1231
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I have a few questions,
    1.) does the copy of the license I send in have to be a motorcycle license or can it be a regular drivers license?
    2.) I have a bill of sale that is NOT notorized and no title (ga doesn't issue titles to dirt bikes), what if I list the sellers phone number so they can verify with him that he sold it to me? I don't want to get a friend to notorize a bill of sale with me if I don't have too.

  34. #1232
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Citrus Heights, CA
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crf450r r r View Post
    I have a few questions,
    1.) does the copy of the license I send in have to be a motorcycle license or can it be a regular drivers license?
    2.) I have a bill of sale that is NOT notorized and no title (ga doesn't issue titles to dirt bikes), what if I list the sellers phone number so they can verify with him that he sold it to me? I don't want to get a friend to notorize a bill of sale with me if I don't have too.
    1.) It's to prove who you are, regular DL is OK.

    2.) Spend the 10 bucks to prevent a hassle.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

  35. #1233
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Oak Park, CA
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Bill of sale doesn't need to be notarized. Just use the one on the DMV website.

    You will need the previous owner to sign the general affidavit stating GA doesn't title dirtbikes. This needs to be notarized.

    You will also need the off-road affidavit signed by you, and notarized.

  36. #1234
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default MCO Notarized?

    Does the MCO need to be notarized? Do I need a bill of sale with the MCO?

    Thanks all!!!

  37. #1235
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hey guys im trying to get my 2017 Husqvarna TE150 plated with this system, PA is pretty strict but no blinkers are needed & the amount of road riding will be extremely minimal just incase it gets dark & i need to shoot back to the truck. Will I have trouble since it NEEDS to be at least 200cc's? Could I say I put a 'big bore' kit and its now 200cc's? The title does say its 150cc's.

    Also I only have the certificate of origin because the bike is financed I dont have the actual title in hand. What can I do about this?
    Last edited by Hakkalugi; 01-07-2017 at 05:44 PM.

  38. #1236
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Just an update on South Dakota for everybody - I sent my stuff out to Pennington County on Dec 15th, and had a license plate and registration in my mailbox on Dec 29th. They were super helpful and very fast! Now my YZ250 is street legal...which allows me to ride all sorts of trails next to my house legally...

    Last edited by Rocker; 01-08-2017 at 09:21 AM. Reason: added image

  39. #1237
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Citrus Heights, CA
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakkalugi View Post
    Hey guys im trying to get my 2017 Husqvarna TE150 plated with this system, PA is pretty strict but no blinkers are needed & the amount of road riding will be extremely minimal just incase it gets dark & i need to shoot back to the truck. Will I have trouble since it NEEDS to be at least 200cc's? Could I say I put a 'big bore' kit and its now 200cc's? The title does say its 150cc's.

    Also I only have the certificate of origin because the bike is financed I dont have the actual title in hand. What can I do about this?
    One of our locals has tried to do a financed bike. Unless your bank will work with you sending the title in you are shit out of luck.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

  40. #1238
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default MCO Notarized?

    Just spoke with SD DMV. They stated that the MCO/MSO does not need to be notarized.

    Spoke with:
    Pennington County Treasurer's Office
    130 Kansas City St. Ste 250
    Rapid City SD 57701
    605-394-2163
    605-394-6810 (Fax)

  41. #1239
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Just an update on South Dakota for everybody - I sent my stuff out to Pennington County on Dec 15th, and had a license plate and registration in my mailbox on Dec 29th. They were super helpful and very fast! Now my YZ250 is street legal...which allows me to ride all sorts of trails next to my house legally...

    Where did you get that tail light?

  42. #1240
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycorp View Post
    Okay guys, I just registered here to thank you all for contributing to this thread. I've been able to register several bikes via SD that I would not have been able to otherwise.

    In regards to not having a title/MSO; I was able to get SD to issue a title for an '88 Yamaha XT out of thin air; I had no title or MSO.

    Attempt #1:

    1) SD Title App
    2) SD Bill of Sale (BOS)
    3) General Affidavit (notarized) - Here I simply stated that I purchased the bike with no title and there was no known lien or claim on it.

    Result: This was rejected citing, a title or MSO was needed.

    I did a bit more thinking, finally I called SD DMV; the lady basically told me they need "something" from the previous owner. I read between the lines and asked her to please return my paperwork. This was more of a strategic move; I figured I'd pose as owner, and have my GF sign the documents. Hence I didn't want Sd with two sets of paperwork for the same bike.

    I let about 2 months go by, just in case.

    Attempt #2
    1) SD Title App
    2) SD Bill of Sale (BOS) (I sold to my GF)
    3) General Affidavit (notarized) - I signed as previous owner; citing a loophole in my previous state's registration laws regarding the issuance of titles for old bikes. To be honest, I don't think SD will check on the specific previous registration of a bike, but I am certain they will check on whatever rule or loophole you cite.

    Please note I did not need the offroad affidavit as this bike was a factory street legal dual sport.

    I do know certain states don't title bikes that are offroad or have a small engine size.

    This may or may not work by making up some other BS, the worst they can say is no.

    This second attempt worked, the title and registration were sent shortly thereafter. All I have to do now is transfer it to my own name rather than my GFs. Happy ending.

    The moral of the story is check state DMV loopholes in regards to registrations and title issuance.


    I also just plated a WR400F, to get around California's bullshit green sticker non sense. Thanks again to all.
    So should I do the title search paper work? Or your way? Or call them and ask them. My bikes a 01. Never been played. Ny registers dirt bikes and atv's with a transferable regie no title

  43. #1241
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Oak Park, CA
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kvpracing View Post
    So should I do the title search paper work? Or your way? Or call them and ask them. My bikes a 01. Never been played. Ny registers dirt bikes and atv's with a transferable regie no title
    Hey man, I'm a fellow New Yorker (Brooklyn) , now I live in Cali and the DMV here is like the stoneage.

    If the transferrable registration is in your name, you shouldn't need the general affidavit.

    However, better safe than sorry and for $2 to be notarized, I'd do it just in case and again let them know NY only issues transferrable registration for dirtbikes.
    If the reg is in your name, you can sign the general affidavit.

    So if reg is in your name

    1) application
    2) off-road affidavit signed by you (notarized)
    3) general affidavit signed by you (notarized)
    4) copy driver's license

    If the reg isn't in your name, change the following:
    3) general affidavit signed by previous owner and notarized (use a friend)

    5) bill of sale, use the SD DMV form and again use a friend
    Last edited by jimmycorp; 01-10-2017 at 11:43 AM. Reason: IP

  44. #1242
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycorp View Post
    Hey man, I'm a fellow New Yorker (Brooklyn) , now I live in Cali and the DMV here is like the stoneage.

    If the transferrable registration is in your name, you shouldn't need the general affidavit.

    However, better safe than sorry and for $2 to be notarized, I'd do it just in case and again let them know NY only issues transferrable registration for dirtbikes.
    If the reg is in your name, you can sign the general affidavit.
    I don't have a registration for it. Just a bill of sale. Trying to avoid registering it as a Atv here


    I've done this with a mso and it was cake.

  45. #1243
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Oak Park, CA
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kvpracing View Post
    I don't have a registration for it. Just a bill of sale. Trying to avoid registering it as a Atv here


    I've done this with a mso and it was cake.
    If you have the MSO, follow your method.

    If you don't have one, follow the one I described.

    The actual bill of sale is BS, you can say you bought the bike from Rumplestiltskin if you want.

    SD won't care so long as all else is there.

    Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jimmycorp; 01-10-2017 at 11:48 AM.

  46. #1244
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default any info on swapping SD title to PA?

    Thanks to all who have posted info to legalize our bikes!

    I received my sd title a week ago, went to my local tag & title place to transfer the title to PA and the clerk said Penndot would reject the title because it says 'off road' (she said it needs to read mc)

    Has there been any pennsylvania members that have had this issue?

    Should I just try another tags place?

    Maybe send it back to SD to get the type changed?

    I could just ride the sd plate but it would be the same issue if I try to sell it.

    Thanks in advance

    BTW it's an 89 RMX250

  47. #1245
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Citrus Heights, CA
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Try another tags ( DMV ) place, We have to DMV shop here and it's legal. A lot of government drones make up rules on the fly.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

  48. #1246
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    As Pinepig says, try a different DMV or the same one a month from now. Sooner or later you will hit the jackpot. I have noticed that at the end of the day, 4:45-4:50, things go pretty quickly and some stuff kinda gets overlooked. Friday at 4:58 they'll rubber stamp anything so they can be on their merry way, no confrontational dialog there. Good Luck.

  49. #1247
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I'd like to report success here in NY with this method. Thank you very much. However, I was required to also provide this form here:

    https://www.state.sd.us/eforms/secur...rification.pdf

    I sent my paperwork in on Friday 1/6/2017. I was contacted on 1/9/2017 and informed I need the additional MV-2007 form. I emailed a scan of the completed form on 1/10/2017 and I had my plate in my mailbox on 1/13/2017. Can't beat that!


  50. #1248
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Got my SD tag/title back in September with no problems, I've been concerned about rock'in an out of state plate although have had no issues so far.

    Had to be @ the DMV for other business & thought "what the hell", $145 later and.......................



    Now no worries about chickenshit LEO's, and as a bonus resale value just went up!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  51. #1249
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default Title/address/forms

    Floowing this thread for A WHILE. Found a buke i finally want to convert so Im going to try to do it out here in So Cal (Glendora). Couple quick questions...just bought the bike. Do i have to register it into my name first before I can start the process or can I just fill out the back of the CA title and send it to SD?
    Second question, I know the address has changed, have any of the forms changed or have any of the links changed? Is it possible for someone to post up the new address so I dont have to endlessly search through the thread?
    Thanks a bunch guys

  52. #1250
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Citrus Heights, CA
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B_ostrowski View Post
    Floowing this thread for A WHILE. Found a buke i finally want to convert so Im going to try to do it out here in So Cal (Glendora). Couple quick questions...just bought the bike. Do i have to register it into my name first before I can start the process or can I just fill out the back of the CA title and send it to SD?
    Second question, I know the address has changed, have any of the forms changed or have any of the links changed? Is it possible for someone to post up the new address so I dont have to endlessly search through the thread?
    Thanks a bunch guys

    You can transfer and reg at the same time, I did mine that way.

    Correct addy is on page 7.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

  53.  
    Advertisement
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •