Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike! - Page 29
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 1,401 to 1,430 of 1430

Thread: Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike!

Quote Originally Posted by rappy700 View Post
    There is a written law in PA that says you can't title a quad for street use. However, some people on here seem to get lucky. I feel like if I got stopped I would be screwed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not gonna push you to do anything but if your paperowrk is in order and your bike is all DOT to state regulation the absolute worse that can happen is you get a ticket....but just saying the law doesn't state that you can't ride something that was already titled and NOT stamped as off road only NYC there's the same law and yet they let me do it I even talked to cops and they told me I was good

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RAPTOR5 View Post
    NYC Let me transfer all my SD paperwork over and they also gave me a NY motorcycle license plate for it also

That's why I said, depends on your state.

If there is a law on the books about quads not being eligible for street licensing and use, you will eventually run into the cop that knows it and more than likely he will not be kind to you.

Do your research.

I know here in California it won't fly, You MIGHT be able to squeeze it in the " golf cart " exception, but then you are limited to roads that do not have a speed limit above 25mph.

For the other quad owner, use the "find law" website to search your state DOT and Vehicle code sections for anything containing " quad or ATV ". What you are looking for should be pretty easy to find.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinepig View Post
    That's why I said, depends on your state.

If there is a law on the books about quads not being eligible for street licensing and use, you will eventually run into the cop that knows it and more than likely he will not be kind to you.

Do your research.

I know here in California it won't fly, You MIGHT be able to squeeze it in the " golf cart " exception, but then you are limited to roads that do not have a speed limit above 25mph.

For the other quad owner, use the "find law" website to search your state DOT and Vehicle code sections for anything containing " quad or ATV ". What you are looking for should be pretty easy to find.
    Yeah I heard Cali seems to be a killer that sucks x( but as far as I know according to what I got and what they gave me I'm legal 0.0 woooooo

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

This is what I could find as far as PA laws regarding quads

But that's just the thing after going through all this it's no longer an ATV it's a motorcycle my title says motorcycle my plates are motorcycle plates and my regi is under motorcycle I'm insured as an on road use 4 wheeler so after going through the SD process you are no longer an ATV 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Yeahhh I understand that but can't they just say it has 4 wheels, get off the road?

Tell you what, I'll call the PA DMV and say I'm looking at buying a quad with a street legal motorcycle title from out of state and ask them if I can ride it here.

If they say yes, I'll order turn signals and stuff

Yeahhh I understand that but can't they just say it has 4 wheels, get off the road?

Lmaoo well I spoke to a few cops and they said I'm good lol they really just can't tell me what to do because they assume it's not legal it has a title that's legal and its modified to be legal they can't touch you lol

It is not a motorcycle in any sense of the word. You know it, I know it and anybody with a half a brain knows it. It'll fly, and no, that doesn't make it an airplane. But sooner or later you'll run into a cop more stubborn than you and this will be the downfall of the plate. I'm willing to bet people from your local motoring populace will report your tag number. Not from spite, just them thinking you stole the plate off an actual motorcycle. This will alert your DMV to investigate. These are the type of things that make states look at the way other states do things and then make rules against. Like California flagging Arizona plates because Arizona allows you to license and drive anything around town with minimum requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post
    It is not a motorcycle in any sense of the word. You know it, I know it and anybody with a half a brain knows it. It'll fly, and no, that doesn't make it an airplane. But sooner or later you'll run into a cop more stubborn than you and this will be the downfall of the plate. I'm willing to bet people from your local motoring populace will report your tag number. Not from spite, just them thinking you stole the plate off an actual motorcycle. This will alert your DMV to investigate. These are the type of things that make states look at the way other states do things and then make rules against. Like California flagging Arizona plates because Arizona allows you to license and drive anything around town with minimum requirements.
    See that's where your wrong cause I'm not calling it a motorcycle the DMV of New York State is calling it a motorcycle as it say so on the title and if my plate is run its under my name no problem and again I'm not riding with out of state plates I'm riding with New York plates as I live in New York so no problem brapppp the only stubbornness there is is the people who haven't tried it but no worries I'll be the only one havin all the fun haaaaaa BRAPPP

Quote Originally Posted by RAPTOR5 View Post
    You don't have to worry about it being out of state because pa will be more than happy to transfer over your paperwork and plates the title says nowhere on it that it is an ATV all it says is "off road" as body type than when you transfer it over put body type as motorcycle do it at a 3rd party agency it will work
    Perjury has no meaning to you does it? Any judge in this country will absolutely so it is not a motorcycle. Doesn't matter what the title says, especially by a random state that never laid eyes on it.

Above you admitted to lying, perjury. Mail fraud if you utilized the USPS to achieve this. Wire fraud if you utilized a telephone or internet.

It would be totally different if I had out of state plates what are they gonna investagate the fact that they are the ones who made my shizz legal pshhh that title doesn't say off road only they accept it it's a wrappp plane and simple

How am I wrong when you openly admitted to lying to a third party DMV service?

Perjury has no meaning to you does it? Any judge in this country will absolutely so it is not a motorcycle. Doesn't matter what the title says, especially by a random state that never laid eyes on it.

Above you admitted to lying, perjury. Mail fraud if you utilized the USPS to achieve this. Wire fraud if you utilized a telephone or internet.
    Everything was done and inspected in person there's no fraud and what your saying kinda insulting please don't reply to my posts I'm just laying out my experience

How am I wrong when you openly admitted to lying to a third party DMV service?
    All a 3rd party Dmv service is an express Dmv everything is still done directly through the DMV

Kinda insulting, lets get to the gist of it. I'm not the moron that thinks a quad is a motorcycle because that is what it says on a piece of paper. You circumvented the system and you're here trying to justify it. I'm not the one acting like an entitled ass.

New York has the same almost verbatim.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

Kinda insulting, lets get to the gist of it. I'm not the moron that thinks a quad is a motorcycle because that is what it says on a piece of paper. You circumvented the system and you're here trying to justify it. I'm not the one acting like an entitled ass.
    This coming from someone who thinks a title is just a "piece of paper" idk I'll ride on and I'll let you know if I run into any trouble thanks for your opinion ride safe

Default Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike!

Thanks guys, all that surely didn't muddy up this thread!
    I live for this

2001 XR650LSM,Clark tank,Warp 9 wheels,Avon Distanzia's,40mm FCR -MX carb,UNI Filter,Marko Header,White brothers E2 muffler,CRF450R USD forks & triples,BRP SUB Mount,Scott's Damper,MotoMaster racing caliper & Rotor,Brembo 16/18 Radial MC,15-43 gearing.

It's entertaining to read this looks like I started quite the discussion.

If only every state were like Arizona with this. Rather than waste cops time trying to track down people riding atvs illegally, why can't states just let atvs be legal? That way they make money off the registration.

This frustrates me to no end. Yes a quad has a straight axle, but anyone with any common sense whatsoever can guide a quad around a corner on pavement with no issue. Not to mention, quads are perfectly safe in rain and snow. Also, even stupid stuff like animals running out on the road. We almost hit a rabbit the one time on the road on my raptor. If we would have hit it, oh well. Keep riding. If we were on a motorcycle there's a good chance we would have wrecked.

It's entertaining to read this looks like I started quite the discussion.

If only every state were like Arizona with this. Rather than waste cops time trying to track down people riding atvs illegally, why can't states just let atvs be legal? That way they make money off the registration.

This frustrates me to no end. Yes a quad has a straight axle, but anyone with any common sense whatsoever can guide a quad around a corner on pavement with no issue. Not to mention, quads are perfectly safe in rain and snow. Also, even stupid stuff like animals running out on the road. We almost hit a rabbit the one time on the road on my raptor. If we would have hit it, oh well. Keep riding. If we were on a motorcycle there's a good chance we would have wrecked.

Totally agree with you not sure hopefully one day the laws will change and jeezz sounds like a close call ride safe dude be careful out there 💪🏻

Default Dude ?

Please don't try to be the buzz killer, just title your ride

And ride.

Sent my papers in for my 02 xr250. Should be getting a call to make the payment and get the show on the road. I'm in MA so hopefully everything goes smooth and she's on the road in the next few weeks. Any MA residents had success with this method ? Will I be able to ride on the streets with the SD plate since it's technically registered in SD? Or will I absolutely have to register it in MA?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tommy9345 View Post
    Sent my papers in for my 02 xr250. Should be getting a call to make the payment and get the show on the road. I'm in MA so hopefully everything goes smooth and she's on the road in the next few weeks. Any MA residents had success with this method ? Will I be able to ride on the streets with the SD plate since it's technically registered in SD? Or will I absolutely have to register it in MA?

Would have thought that you would do the Vermont thing living in New England especially with under 300cc it can all be done by mail. And even if you needed to take a trip to VT you are close. Plus you would have fit more in with another New England tag. Either way I think you are fine. Keep the wheelies in downtown to a minimum and the fuzz will have no reason to light you up. I'd let the plate get close to expiration and then get you mass tags. Any trouble with that go right to Vermont and leave it tagged there. That would be my plan, but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTeamHonda View Post
    Would have thought that you would do the Vermont thing living in New England especially with under 300cc it can all be done by mail. And even if you needed to take a trip to VT you are close. Plus you would have fit more in with another New England tag. Either way I think you are fine. Keep the wheelies in downtown to a minimum and the fuzz will have no reason to light you up. I'd let the plate get close to expiration and then get you mass tags. Any trouble with that go right to Vermont and leave it tagged there. That would be my plan, but what do I know.

I hadn't heard of it til I had already started the SD process, I'll probably use the vt method down the line. Only issue I'm thinking I'll have is if I keep moto tires on it. Thanks for the input. And I wish I had that problem.. my xr isn't fond of bringing the front up past 2nd lol

Quote Originally Posted by tommy9345 View Post
    I hadn't heard of it til I had already started the SD process, I'll probably use the vt method down the line. Only issue I'm thinking I'll have is if I keep moto tires on it. Thanks for the input. And I wish I had that problem.. my xr isn't fond of bringing the front up past 2nd lol

Oh vermont doesn't check tires for plating so you should be fine. But if you are going to ride in the green mountain state then you best get their inspection sticker so DOT tires maybe. I don't know. But in any other state you would be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
    It is updated..

Pennington County Treasurer's Office
    130 Kansas City St. Ste 250
    Rapid City SD 57701
    605-394-2163
    605-394-6810 (Fax)
    Quote Originally Posted by ky_savage View Post
    Time to see how the local PD will react to my bike on the road!
    Which location has everyone been sending their paperwork to? Have seen both listed. I have checked their website and see both listed. The by mail one is listed as the PO box 6160, and the "in person" address is the 130 Kansas Street. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leland View Post
    Which location has everyone been sending their paperwork to? Have seen both listed. I have checked their website and see both listed. The by mail one is listed as the PO box 6160, and the "in person" address is the 130 Kansas Street. Thanks
    I sent it to the 130 address but it came back from the PO box address.
    2016 Kawasaki KX450
    SD plated

It worked. Titles in my name came today in the mail!!
    I used the system somewhat different from you all. I had no problem getting plates. I have a plate in my home state on my '66 bike and I did the Vermont thing to get plating for my '72. With my
    VT plate and reg I simply went to DMV to put a home state plate. Plating wasn't the issue. I needed titles and I didn't want to put any effort into because I really don't need titles, I just wanted to see if I could do it. And I did. They took my reg as proof of ownership and for $35 each they sent me titles. Who knows. One day I may get rid of the '72. But I doubt it. I actually let a plated in my home state xr350 go for cheap because lack of titles was deterring potential buyers. Wish I knew about the SD thing before I let it go. I could have easily gotten a title for that. Titles go in the safe and I retain my current home state registration on both bikes. Thanks again SMJ.

Got my plate and regi from SD last week. The only other thing they asked me for was a tax forum. I ended up registering the bike in ny, paid my taxes on the full amount then sent my paperwork out to SD. Now I'm just trying to Change up my lighting set up. This won't be a street bike. Just a cruise to the trail or gas station so I'm not to worried about the SD plate.

Advertisement
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829