Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike! - Page 23
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1356

Thread: Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike!

Quote Originally Posted by gonecrazy32 View Post
    did a vin check why do it still 2nd body type off-road????? SMFH
    I would think that the 2nd body type would just be so your still legal on some trails shouldnt have a problem transfering... Only one way to find out the worst they can tell you is no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Is this process even possible anymore? That's my question.

Quote Originally Posted by nix450x View Post
    The easiest way to answer this for yourself? Get your paperwork in order and mail it out. If you go back 10-20 post you'll see people are still getting plates. You can be doing the happy dance in a week or so

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

But it's more fun to bitch and whine that it says " dirt " to describe your bike on you paperwork than ride the fucking thing with a license plate on it.

And they will call the nice ladies that work in SD and bitch at them cause they sent them a plate, seriously you fucks, an hero and make the world a better place.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

aint no one call bitchin but called n asked a question my license to good to loose it over a bike. so dnt think its a problem about askin da lady a question

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Sebeckis View Post
    Finally got my title and it says Dirt. I'm going to rock the SD tags for awhile before I attempt to transfer to VA.
    Very curious to see how it turns out for you because I'm in VA too and want to know if an out-of-state dirt reg will transfer to VA. They have gotten ridiculously particular in the last few years.

Did you say how you got past the lien problem?

What year is your bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinepig View Post
    But it's more fun to bitch and whine that it says " dirt " to describe your bike on you paperwork than ride the fucking thing with a license plate on it.

And they will call the nice ladies that work in SD and bitch at them cause they sent them a plate, seriously you fucks, an hero and make the world a better place.
    No one is bitching. We are just asking questions. Yes we can ride with a SD plate for a couple weeks but that doesnt do any good in the long run after spending $2k to convert a bike only to find out that it cant be transfered to the state we live in

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Now why would anybody spend 2 large on an idea that one can circumvent the state in which they reside in laws governing legalities of the motor vehicles in which they intend to ride.

Scenario 1; I own bike in which I wish to convert to a street legal SM. Step 1; Hang lights on it. Step 2; Send off paper work to SD and see if I can obtain a plate. Step 3; with plate in hand, run down to the local DMV and obtain my states plate.

Scenario 2; I currently don't own a bike. Step 1; Purchase an AF500 fire breathing monster. Step 2; hang some lights on it. Step 3; buy a set of carbon fiber Alpinas for it. Step 4; come on a forum and query as to the what ifs about this magical thing called a South Dakota license plate. Step 5; come back to said forum and query as to why the hell do I have to go to South Dakota to renew my ill gotten license plate.

Now which one sounds logical?

Here it is in a nut shell. There is umpteen pages verifying that this works. Spend a couple bucks for a notary and send off your paper work. If at that point it doesn't work they will return your paperwork with a "Sorry" stamp on it. All you're out, monetarily is the notary. And lights if you decided to jump the gun.

And to all the nitwits that want to rock the South Dakota plate forever, jeesh. Even here in CA they will transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Now why would anybody spend 2 large on an idea that one can circumvent the state in which they reside in laws governing legalities of the motor vehicles in which they intend to ride.
    It was literally less than $100 to buy all the parts needed to make my 2012 WR450 street legal, $53 to SD for their plate, and a ten for the notary, if it didn't transfer that would have been my total loss.

But but but, I have to spend 2 LARGE to make it the baddest motherfuckin supermoto on the planet ( have you seen my graphics kit, BOLD NEW GRAPHICS ) before I try and transfer the plate.

Default Went Vermont route for my Aprilia

Sent my bill of sale, insurance, inspection report, DL copy and a check and received a tag about 2.5 weeks later. Didn't get a tag receipt or a sticker for the tag, but I think I heard on the messages it would be mailed separately. I'll give them a week and hope they come in.
    Craigus

Quote Originally Posted by CRYZrider View Post
    Sent my bill of sale, insurance, inspection report, DL copy and a check and received a tag about 2.5 weeks later. Didn't get a tag receipt or a sticker for the tag, but I think I heard on the messages it would be mailed separately. I'll give them a week and hope they come in.
    Craigus
    Sticker and plate ( tag ) should have come at the same time, double check your envelope for it.

I was very precise opening it as I didn't want to tear the registration. Read in a few places and saw a video on YouTube that mentioned sticker and registration being mailed separately. I'll give it till Monday then I'll call.
    Craigus

They must have changed it since I did mine in January (?) I received my plate/reg/sticker all at the same time. The title ( pink slip ) didn't show up for a couple more weeks.

i just got my tag and reg last week and it came all together but the tittle

Got my registration and sticker yesterday (Saturday) and all grins here. I called Vermont Friday just to be sure and the nice lady told me they come at least a week later and I asked about a vanity tag as well. Presently installing a new set of Chesterfield Racing fairings and plastic which will be followed by a set of Arrow Chambers and cans. Not sure if and when I'll try to run this registration through the Alabama Tag Office.
    Craigus Maximus

The worst that can happen is they say no, it's not like they can confiscate your SD plate and pink slip.

Default Got my plate today!!! Banshee

Got my plate today. 2001 YAMAHA BANSHEE NY LONG ISLAND AREA.

REGISTRATION READS BODY "OFF"
    LOOKED UP THE VIN USING SOUTH DAKOTA VIN SEARCH IT SAYS ---2ND TYPE= OFF ROAD/LICENSED

I CALLED TO SEE WHY IT DOES NOT SAY ON ROAD OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES. LADIES AT THE TREASURY OFFICE SAID IT IS IN FACT A ONROAD LEGAL PLATE AS THEY DO NOT OFFER ANY OFFLOAD PLATES, SO ONCE YOU GET A PLATE ITS GUARANTEE AUTOMATIC STREET LEGAL PLATE.

HOPE WHEN MY TITLE COMES BACK IT DOESNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT OFFLOAD OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT SO I CAN TRANSFER OVER TO NYS WHERE I LIVE.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default New yorkers

Any one in NY tried to transfer the plate to NYS? what was the outcome?

What did the NY cops have to say about the SD plate????

Default New York

Quote Originally Posted by kvpracing View Post
    Went to transfer my title to ny. I didn't know the weight so the lady looked it up and goes this comes up as a Atv. I go correct. And I had it street converted in South Dakota. She goes lights and street tires. She goes ok. Click ok if you agree to the amount. So it does work. I did go to a small town dmv. Don't know how it would work at a high volume dmv
    Hey i live in NY as well Long Island its a hour east of NYC, suburban mostly. I got my plates for my Banshee, don't know what the title reads though. You did get your NYS plates so thats a plus for me. How did the police react to it? have you been stopped by them yet?

Quote Originally Posted by supermotonut View Post
    NJ will not allow you to make a dirt bike street legal...... They also say you need to transfer you plates after 30 days....... My bike is registered in SD but to my NJ address so is it really an out of state plate or does the put it in a gray area? I am going to ride the sht out of my bike until they stop me................The only thing they can do is give you a ticket its not like its a felony.
    IM in NY long island. Did you get pulled over yet? what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeBoy631 View Post

I did in ballston spa DMV. Make sure u have the weight on ur mv82 cuz if not they look up the vin hen question you. I just said look here's pics. Everything's dot I went to that state and made it road legal cuz they allow it. Bam. Got my ny plate

Hey i live in NY as well Long Island its a hour east of NYC, suburban mostly. I got my plates for my Banshee, don't know what the title reads though. You did get your NYS plates so thats a plus for me. How did the police react to it? have you been stopped by them yet?
    I did it with a bike. Not a quad so idk. I didn't ride it much with the SD plate. But I've road many of my street titled bikes 2 strokes and 2 strokes with no blinkers off road tires and passed cops and they don't even look

I'm from Long Island, So is your plan to ride your quad on the street with a tag and not expect that bitch to get towed? Good luck with that, a bike is one thing but a quad on LI with a street tag, no chance.
    Use the search button!!!
    Cool Enduro!! No its a SuperMoto ........nevermind.
    2-Strokes for life!
    2006 DRZ400SM Sold, 1984 Z50R SOLD, 2001 XR100, 2002 YZ250 SM Sold, 88 Hawk GT RC31, 04 CR85 SM! 2008 Husky SM510R, 2001 KTM200EXC

Quote Originally Posted by Tepco View Post
    I'm from Long Island, So is your plan to ride your quad on the street with a tag and not expect that bitch to get towed? Good luck with that, a bike is one thing but a quad on LI with a street tag, no chance.
    . Yea good luck

Back in the day my friend had a CA plate on a Yamaha Tri-Z, his aunt worked at the DMV. It was like me carrying around a couple ARs in the gun rack in the pick-up, totally legal but you where going to get stopped by the man every time they see you.

Good luck with it.

thats a for sure you goin to be pulled in every corner because they wanna see of the tag belong to the bike...

Just sent off my paperwork. Hopefully ill have a success story in a few days.

just got my title and it say body: Off road..... WTF SMH well ill be trying the dmv in the morning to see what they tell me if not im rocking with the SD TAG!

just got my title and it say body: Off road..... WTF SMH well ill be trying the dmv in the morning to see what they tell me if not im rocking with the SD TAG!
    Your DMV is open on Saturdays?

Quote Originally Posted by kvpracing View Post
    Your DMV is open on Saturdays?
    yes sir

Took mine out today on the SD tags. No static from the police.

Quote Originally Posted by sprok View Post
    Very curious to see how it turns out for you because I'm in VA too and want to know if an out-of-state dirt reg will transfer to VA. They have gotten ridiculously particular in the last few years.

Did you say how you got past the lien problem?

What year is your bike?
    I'm going to try this week or next.

I submitted the form SD eform 0858 V1 and had no problems.

yes sir
    What state are you in and did they take the title And transfer it?

Yes it is fully still do able there is a youtuber who just did it and if you have questions just ask him on his video in the comments
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiS-0EsY6IY

Just sent off my paperwork. Hopefully ill have a success story in a few days.
    I did it in NC about 6 weeks ago. Tag/registration showed up in about a week. Took another month for the title to arrive, Submitted the paperwork in July, tag is valid through 9/17. One of the members of Charlotte Supermoto has been running the SD tag for 3yrs w/ no issues. Guy I bought the bike from just got one tagged in NC that he imported from TX, w/ no issues. I will be relocating from the Peoples Republic of NC to SC shortly, and I understand there is no issue there.

went this morning to see if i can get a fl tag and i cant because on the Sd title it say Body: Off-road... so i got to stick to the sd tag o well!

went this morning to see if i can get a fl tag and i cant because on the Sd title it say Body: Off-road... so i got to stick to the sd tag o well!
    Is it kinda like California? Keep trying different DMVs until someone plays it?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

going to try one more, and also going to look on Craigslist for those private agent that do them from home

There is a thought. I transferred my 625 at a Western Union, DMV, utility payment center, etc. Totally clueless people there. She kept insisting for my smog certificate. Bikes here are exempt. All they want is their fee. Stamp, stamp. Here you go.

There is a thought. I transferred my 625 at a Western Union, DMV, utility payment center, etc. Totally clueless people there. She kept insisting for my smog certificate. Bikes here are exempt. All they want is their fee. Stamp, stamp. Here you go.

but did your title said off road?

Mine is a factory legal specimen. I was just letting you know the little store that sells knick knacks and crap, their people are clueless. Provided of course the paper work is correct. They probably never would read body type. Just saying. I forget what they charged, 7 maybe 10 bucks, but I went there because our DMV there is a month long wait to get an appointment. I'm sure they wouldn't charge you if they couldn't do it.

This. Yes it sucks but you gotta do what ya gotta do when dealing with the government.

Look up the regulation on transferring an out of state licensed vehicle into your state, it's online, google it, know the info, don't ask somebody LOOK IT UP and read it. If there is anything that exempts certain vehicles it will be there. If you can't make heads or tails, call your DMV headquarter and find out who does the rulings on the regs and talk to them, get their name/extention number if they give you good info and the DMV drones are still dicking you around. Call them and hand the phone to the drone if need be.

Around here wait times at a DMV are well into the multiple hours if you just walk through the doors. Go to a smaller one and get there 20 minutes before they open. I can be out and done in about 20 minutes after they open if I am willing.

Just sent mine paperwork in. Wish me luck.

Trying to do a VIN search for a bike I got three years ago. Turns out it was originally purchased from a PA dealer. Didn't realize that and did the VIN search here in my state and came back clean (which is useless) Been trying to hunt down a title so called KTM and they told me it was sold from the PA dealer. Tried contacting the PA dmv and they won't do anything over the phone, only if you are there in person with your license. One PA dmv person stated there was a form I could fill out and send it for a vehicle history search but the form asks questions in regards to the previous owner....which I don't know. So how am I suppose to get any kind of information? I need a title and can't find my bill of sale from three years ago. My dmv tells me to contact PA and PA says to contact my dmv. Getting the run around

Anyone have a KTM 530 frame with a title? Lol
    Last edited by slimm250; 09-07-2016 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slimm250 View Post
    Trying to do a VIN search for a bike I got three years ago. Turns out it was originally purchased from a PA dealer. Didn't realize that and did the VIN search here in my state and came back clean (which is useless) Been trying to hunt down a title so called KTM and they told me it was sold from the PA dealer. Tried contacting the PA dmv and they won't do anything over the phone, only if you are there in person with your license. One PA dmv person stated there was a form I could fill out and send it for a vehicle history search but the form asks questions in regards to the previous owner....which I don't know. So how am I suppose to get any kind of information? I need a title and can't find my bill of sale from three years ago. My dmv tells me to contact PA and PA says to contact my dmv. Getting the run around

Anyone have a KTM 530 frame with a title? Lol

are you trying to get a south dakota title, or do things with Pennsylvania dmv ?

if you're trying to get a south dakota title, just do it as the thread details it. if you're trying to do it through pa, that's another thread entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    are you trying to get a south dakota title, or do things with Pennsylvania dmv ?

if you're trying to get a south dakota title, just do it as the thread details it. if you're trying to do it through pa, that's another thread entirely.
    Trying to do SD. I contacted SD and they stated that they can't do anything without atleast an MSO or BOS. I'm trying to figure out how I can get info on my bike, like a vehicle history report with maybe the original owners name or something in regards to the title. I would assume I would have to get PA to do the VIN search/report due to the fact that it was originally bought at Bromleys in PA. If it was never title or registered here in my state then my state would not have any info in regards to title info.

The thread states to send in a title/MSO..which I have neither.

Well then the next step is actually obtaining one. I'd bet your state has the info on how to do that online. Then it's just a matter of jumping through their hoops.

It took me less than 2 minutes to find your course of action on the web,

http://www.vintageautomotive.net/?ta...ar-title-in-pa

Hey guys,
    I've read through a great many of these pages looking to sort out what to do in my situation.
    I purchased a used bike that has a PA title. Is there another form to fill out aside from the two from post one? Is there a post someone can point me towards with info on what to do if you already have a title for your bike?
    2011 KTM 250XC that I want to put a dual sport kit on and ride from trail to trail at some of the state parks. Not really looking to ride it around town. Just way easier than loading and unloading over and over again.

Thanks for the help.

A note saying how you want to be contacted about payment, a photo copy of your drivers license and the title that you have for the bike are the " extras " required on top of the 2 forms.

Send it to the proper address located on page 7 of this thread.

Advertisement
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast