Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike! - Page 3
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 1354

Thread: Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike!

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Success! Tag is in the Mail.

    Issues I ran into.
    First was my MCO was in the original owners name and signed off. I signed off as well. Problem was that at the bottom Honda was still listed as a lien holder.

    Clerk sent me an email and explained i needed a lien release letter from Honda. Called Honda and they were very helpful in getting me that letter faxed over even though I was not the original account holder. I was sweating there for a bit as they could not actually tell me if there was a lien on it or not.

    Second was Bill of Sale. Again I was sweating. I bought the bike in 2008 and I couldn't remember who the guy I bought it from was. Different than the guy on the MCO. I checked my files again and I forgot the guy wrote one up for me.

    At that point it was all about what is this going to cost me. $207. They charge a penalty for late registering. Since I bought the bike in 2008 and waited so long to register it I was assessed penalties. Bill of sale listed the sale date as June 08. Wasn't going to argue it. I had a plate coming.

    So that's where the difference in price comes from.

    They were very helpful in getting me plated. Just don't be a dick and act like you are trying to pull one over on them.

  2.  
    Advertisement
  3. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    74

    Default

    So I bought a NJ KTM from the original owner that was never titled in NJ. It has the 3 as the 8th VIN digit. He gave me the MSO, lien satisfaction letter, and a bill of sale. What are my chances? I live in PA.
    08 WR250X/R

  4. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [N8] View Post
    So I bought a NJ KTM from the original owner that was never titled in NJ. It has the 3 as the 8th VIN digit. He gave me the MSO, lien satisfaction letter, and a bill of sale. What are my chances? I live in PA.

    My original MCO was in NJ, bill of sale in Texas, and I live in TN. So I would say your chances are good.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Awesome. I think I'm gonna try it. I'll report back.
    08 WR250X/R

  7. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    My first post on the site. I joined the site because I have been thinking of getting a road bike and i'm leaning towards a sumo. I'm 34 and have been riding dirt and snow since about the age of 10 and have wanted to ride on the street for a long time and it's finally making the priority list. Odly enough due to a potential trip to SD this coming summer for bike week with a group of friends. When my buddy mentioned going I said I'll just take my quad (Have a mild build Raptor 700) because I know you can ride em on the street there. He said that would be kinda cool, wonder what it would take to get it registered there. The thought quickly left my mind because it would seem like a hassle, and i would have to spend nearly as much on my Quad to get it street legal (adding turn signals, mirrors, and street tires, ESPECIALLY the street tires! lol ect) as it would to pick up a used sumo. I joined the site specifically to learn more about what models come with street titles, what can be registered, ect. Then i found this tread... HOLY SHIP batman, it is possible. I live in Michigan. ATV (quads) can not be registered for street use here. (It's because the rear axel being solid and it's a "safety" issue.... GAY!) I am the original owner of my quad. It dose have a free and clear title. I'm not sure if I have the original sales bill but should be able to get one from the dealership I bought it at. However the Mi title states right on it in bold capital letters ATV NOT TO BE REGISTERED FOR HIGHWAY USE. So My 2 main questions. Has anyone that has a quad, that lives in a state like I do, sent there title out to SD and got there title back registered as street use? Second, if you have and got back a SD title for street use, has anyone in my state done this, or in a state that doesn't allow quads on road use like my state, done this and successfully transferred back over to there home state and got a road legal title/registration? I'd be willing to just give it a try if I was only going to be out the cost of the SD title. But I'll be out the cost of everything else to get the quad road legal as well and could have just bought a bike that is road legal.

  8. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    74

    Default

    I have another question. Can anyone speak to the turn around time? In other words, how long from the day you mail the info out till you have a title/plate in hand?
    08 WR250X/R

  9. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Seems like the key to a smooth registration is a clean title with no leans in your name . I'm thinking about doing my truck South Dakota .

  10. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default Klx450r title

    Hello all, thanks for all the info on retrieving a title to get my green pig on the road. I have quite a different situation. Recently bought my KLXR from a man in Ky (I live in ohio) . He was waiting for the title to come via mail (had just paid it off) at the time of purchase, me being impatient bought the bike with the agreement of him sending me the title upon it's arrival. He Promised he'd have his co-worker notarize it, leaving me very excited clean MC title to be converted to ohio street.
    Problem, he hasn't sent the title and won't respond to calls or texts etc. I've scanned the vin, it's clean of loans and theft. I'm curious as to what I should do. I have a few options from my knowledge I can buy a frame with a bill of sale..... Or get a salvage title.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks all! cheers.
    Wake up and smell the poppies.
    Last edited by Klx450rWIZZ; 03-22-2014 at 11:54 AM.

  11. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I received my plate and registration last week .it wasn't but about 10 days a email saying my paperwork was ready and needing to call to pay over the phone. I talked to Jacob Drexler who was very helpful. $105.00 I have a plate and registration. and title should be here in under a month. my crf450r is now plated!!

  12. #110
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Balls Deep
    Posts
    3,797

    Default

    I assume you live somewhere besides South Dakota? Will you be trying to transfer the SD title to your home state? Suddenly, every dirt bike made in the last 10 years will mysteriously receive plate across the US. South dakota = zero fucks given
    2007 RXV550SM/2007 KTM 690SM
    NO REMORSE / NO REGRET Previous Supermotos: 2008 SM510R

  13. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sportmotob77 View Post
    I received my plate and registration last week .it wasn't but about 10 days a email saying my paperwork was ready and needing to call to pay over the phone. I talked to Jacob Drexler who was very helpful. $105.00 I have a plate and registration. and title should be here in under a month. my crf450r is now plated!!
    a big thanks to this thread! and everyone here on SMJ!

  14. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Looking to do my cr125. I have a title that says off road only. My question is about the 200cc or greater box I will be checking. Is this going to be a problem? The title itself does not say what size motor it has but I am sure the vin# has some sort of tie to it.

  15. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Michigan G.R.
    Posts
    600

    Default Michigan street title

    Quote Originally Posted by LowSbody View Post
    My first post on the site. I joined the site because I have been thinking of getting a road bike and i'm leaning towards a sumo. I'm 34 and have been riding dirt and snow since about the age of 10 and have wanted to ride on the street for a long time and it's finally making the priority list. Odly enough due to a potential trip to SD this coming summer for bike week with a group of friends. When my buddy mentioned going I said I'll just take my quad (Have a mild build Raptor 700) because I know you can ride em on the street there. He said that would be kinda cool, wonder what it would take to get it registered there. The thought quickly left my mind because it would seem like a hassle, and i would have to spend nearly as much on my Quad to get it street legal (adding turn signals, mirrors, and street tires, ESPECIALLY the street tires! lol ect) as it would to pick up a used sumo. I joined the site specifically to learn more about what models come with street titles, what can be registered, ect. Then i found this tread... HOLY SHIP batman, it is possible. I live in Michigan. ATV (quads) can not be registered for street use here. (It's because the rear axel being solid and it's a "safety" issue.... GAY!) I am the original owner of my quad. It dose have a free and clear title. I'm not sure if I have the original sales bill but should be able to get one from the dealership I bought it at. However the Mi title states right on it in bold capital letters ATV NOT TO BE REGISTERED FOR HIGHWAY USE. So My 2 main questions. Has anyone that has a quad, that lives in a state like I do, sent there title out to SD and got there title back registered as street use? Second, if you have and got back a SD title for street use, has anyone in my state done this, or in a state that doesn't allow quads on road use like my state, done this and successfully transferred back over to there home state and got a road legal title/registration? I'd be willing to just give it a try if I was only going to be out the cost of the SD title. But I'll be out the cost of everything else to get the quad road legal as well and could have just bought a bike that is road legal.
    Low, I have no info about your ATV. But in Michigan it is eazy to switch a bike from a "off road only" title to a "street legal" title using the TR-54 form found here

    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/TR-54_38480_7.pdf

    **If you have any questions send me a PM, so we dont jack this thread.
    Last edited by SumoPsycho; 03-30-2014 at 02:16 PM.
    I live for this

    2001 XR650LSM,Clark tank,Warp 9 wheels,Avon Distanzia's,40mm FCR -MX carb,UNI Filter,Marko Header,White brothers E2 muffler,CRF450R USD forks & triples,BRP SUB Mount,Scott's Damper,MotoMaster racing caliper & Rotor,Brembo 16/18 Radial MC,15-43 gearing.

  16. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Hello everybody I'm currently re building a crf450sm i was thinking about doing this since there would be no point in building a supermoto if i can ride it. i live in nyc, has anyone yet to try this from ny, would i be able to transfer title to ny street legal title, check my build out in the showcase. thanks

  17. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Michigan G.R.
    Posts
    600

    Default

    I talked to my sorce in the Michigan DMV and they said once the bike is "street legal" in any state all you are doing is transfering the title and there should be no problems.
    But the bike must meet all the requirerments in your state (ie turn signals ,muffler bearings or whatever) in order to get a plate.
    I live for this

    2001 XR650LSM,Clark tank,Warp 9 wheels,Avon Distanzia's,40mm FCR -MX carb,UNI Filter,Marko Header,White brothers E2 muffler,CRF450R USD forks & triples,BRP SUB Mount,Scott's Damper,MotoMaster racing caliper & Rotor,Brembo 16/18 Radial MC,15-43 gearing.

  18. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    70
    Items for Sale

    Default

    Just mailed out all the paperwork for my 2013 WR a couple days ago. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

  19. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klx450rWIZZ View Post
    Hello all, thanks for all the info on retrieving a title to get my green pig on the road. I have quite a different situation. Recently bought my KLXR from a man in Ky (I live in ohio) . He was waiting for the title to come via mail (had just paid it off) at the time of purchase, me being impatient bought the bike with the agreement of him sending me the title upon it's arrival. He Promised he'd have his co-worker notarize it, leaving me very excited clean MC title to be converted to ohio street.
    Problem, he hasn't sent the title and won't respond to calls or texts etc. I've scanned the vin, it's clean of loans and theft. I'm curious as to what I should do. I have a few options from my knowledge I can buy a frame with a bill of sale..... Or get a salvage title.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks all! cheers.
    Wake up and smell the poppies.
    sorry you got the short end of the stick on this 1, but as you said you can buy a frame with a title. I bought my bike without a title knowing it had no title with only the intentions of purchasing a frame with a bill of sale to do the south dakota thing, but ended up finding an already street legal frame and title for cheap. I dono about your state but this option was cheaper then getting a bonded title here.

    Check ebay. or find another blown up klr for a deal and switch the stuff out. longshot but who knows.
    Last edited by Shaggins; 04-13-2014 at 08:27 AM.

  20. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Success here. Just got my plate & registration in the mail today. Now I just need the title back. Anyone have any feedback on how long after getting the plate it took to get the title? Thanks to all that contributed to this thread.
    08 WR250X/R

  21. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    GA/SC
    Posts
    186

    Default

    I cant remember but it wasnt too long...maybe a week or so.

  22. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cbretr2 View Post
    Went out Fedex today. The wait begins. Sent with the Post one instructions and MCO (Manufactures Certificate of Origin).
    Is there a way to call the manufacturer and get an MCO for an older bike? I have a 2001 KTM 400exc i bought with no title, so i need something equivalent to send to the glorious state of South Dakota

  23. #121
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25
    Items for Sale

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crash279 View Post
    Recently it has become a known fact that there is a state that will allow you to mail in your information and they will mail you a plate along with a street legal title. I know that I have answered quite a few PM's concerning this question and up until recently I have been able to help some, but others, not so much. However, the information posted in this thread is quite the game changer! The state of South Dakota to getting our beloved sumo's legal in states that try to ruin the fun. For those of you who's DMV/Registration office determines a bike street legal status/ability by the VIN I'm not too sure how this would work, but if they go by the title...GAME ON! This information is coming straight from a member on here (who wishes to remain anonymous) who has successfully completed this process. Anybody else that has done this please post on here and either share your success story or give us a heads up on something to watch out for.

    To get started, you will need to do the following:


    https://www.state.sd.us/eforms/secur...eAffidavit.pdf

    -you will need to fill out this form
    -leave title number blank
    -year, make, model
    -put the name of who ever installed accessories to make the bike street legal (This can be your name)
    -check all the boxes including 200cc (This is just confirming that the bike is 200cc or more)
    -this form must be notarized, so don't sign it until you are in front of one

    https://www.state.sd.us/eforms/secur...gistration.pdf

    -fill out this form as well
    -you will not need the date
    -don't check any boxes in section I, section II, or section III
    -fill in first box (your name)
    -leave type of ownership and customer type blank
    -identification# (needs to be your social security number)
    -skip down and put in your address

    section IV
    -vin#
    -put in make, model,
    -body type- MC
    -vehicle code- MC
    -year and CC
    -skip down to section V
    -Just fill in purchase date

    ***Don't need to put in anything else just sign and date the bottom***

    Besides these two forms, you'll need to send in the title or MSO and a copy of your driver's license. If the title isn't in your name you will have to call and find out what other forms you need (605)394-2163. You will also need to attach a note (preferably typed) that includes your name, email, phone number, and notate that you would like to pay by credit card over phone or internet and to contact you when they have a total price and are ready for payment.

    Mail both forms, title/MSO, copy of Drivers license to:

    Office of the Pennington County Treasurer
    Pennington County courthouse
    315 Saint Joseph St Suite 214
    Rapid City SD 57701-2894

    Additional Info.

    Serial number is the same as the vin# (should be 17 characters long depending on year of bike) and you will need to send in the original title (they will be keeping your original title and sending you a new South Dakota title).

    The fee is: $58.75 and a $3 credit card fee if applicable. You should receive your new title within 30 days.

    ***note***
    Mlawler1 brought up a good point. Make sure to use your home address even though you're registering in S. Dakota. States only require that your bike is registered to you at your home address (so don't try and make a fake S. Dakota address). Use your address and your local police can't do anything because you're licensed and registered to your home address...just through a different state . Just make sure that the registration matches the information on your driver's license.
    Great news, but again, what happens next, when I get my brand new South Dakota Title? Can I then register it in FL?

  24. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    GA/SC
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SFLSUMO View Post
    Great news, but again, what happens next, when I get my brand new South Dakota Title? Can I then register it in FL?
    You can try.I have yet to try in GA. I figured why. I am legal,no one bothers me and its cheaper than Ga.
    I just renewed my registration..29 bucks for 6 months

  25. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    26

    Default NYS Titled KTM

    Not specifically in response to the thread title, but I think it's worth noting here for many people to see. I just sucessfully got my 06 KTM 450SMR titled in NY of all places. Here is what I have found out. Most/ if not all KTMs have on their MSO for Body Type: Motocycle. This is basically the make or break for if it will be flagged or not.

    As long as the original owner has the MSO, pays tax on the original amount, you should be able to get a title for just about any KTM as long as it is listed as motorcycle. I have had it insured for months, but have been waiting on the title to get it plated. Hopefully in 4-6weeks the original ownwer will get the title so he can sign it over to me and I can get it retitled in my name and then registered.
    06 KTM 450 SMR, street legal, titled. SOLD
    09 Suzuki SFV 650
    07 KTM 250 SXF
    06 Corvette, Supercharged, 607 whp
    83 GMC K2500 9" lift on 38x15.50x16 Baja MTZ

  26. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    What if you have no title/MCO? I have a 2004 Cr450f and bought it through a private sale.

    Chris

  27. #125
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default Another question

    This sounds promising... I have to ask, has anyone had success in getting their bike registered in their state using the SD title? I live in NYS and it's impossible to register a bike if the title or origin is MSO. Ktm exc's come with a MSY title allowing them to be titled for the road.
    It sounds like numerous people have had success getting the title changed to street, but have they been able to register legally in their state?
    Thanks ....

  28. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    70
    Items for Sale

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by louroof View Post
    This sounds promising... I have to ask, has anyone had success in getting their bike registered in their state using the SD title? I live in NYS and it's impossible to register a bike if the title or origin is MSO. Ktm exc's come with a MSY title allowing them to be titled for the road.
    It sounds like numerous people have had success getting the title changed to street, but have they been able to register legally in their state?
    Thanks ....
    I live in NY. Im going through the whole process right now. The only hick-up I've run into is having to pay sales tax bc i bought my bike (2013 WR450F) brand new in VT so i havent paid sales tax yet. The only way they let me pay the sales tax was to send a check to the State Treasurer, then i get a receipt back to send to the DMV then move on. So this is adding another week or more to the process. But other than that it looks like there will be no issues.

  29. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Saratoga, NY
    Posts
    70
    Items for Sale

    Default

    Plus once it has a street title from any other state you can register it and get a NY title with no problems.

  30. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Got my PA registration a week ago and my PA motorcycle title in the mail on Friday. Worked almost flawlessly for me starting with a NJ MSO.
    08 WR250X/R

  31. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    104

    Default

    For registering a 2006 WR450 that is to be purchased with a bill of sale only, what additional steps are needed to make this all work?

  32. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    miami,robbinsville.n.c
    Posts
    33

    Default

    So I've got a 2002 drz400E, that I've been riding on the street here in Hollywood,fl since 2002, with a tag zip tied to my book bag (asking for tickets) and tags from other bikes I own ,(just didn't care)never was pulled on that infraction or others , even been to deals gap 15 times (tag on book bag)and no issues there ,that all said , don't ask why am I going to do this S/D tag n reg deal. Maybe it's time,lol,,,,, so got a (off road only)title in my name and mailing in ASAP , talked to a women in S/D with the #provided above , and she said , no problem ,mail all that's stated above and I'll email or call to let you know I've got all your paperwork and we're handling this reg n tag for you and cost to pay with C/C, if this go's as many have said I'll let you all know ,also my local tag agency here is willing to issue me reg n tag from Fl , showed her the S/D paperwork and was fine with it and said as soon as you get you S/D reg n tag to come back and she'll take care of it ,soooooooo here I go, wish me luck!!!!!
    DRZ 400(green n proud)[LIST=1]
    2011 jeep wrangler jk unlimited

  33. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    it's not a hard process. im S/D plated in central CA with my XR650R. took less than a week to get shit mailed, and plates back to me.
    FOLLOW the instructions exactly!
    get insurance! i have PROGRESSIVE, just the basic, since its a tard and its not my S1000RR, if i drop the tard, no big deal. i drop the BMW, $$$ ouch!

    my entire process cost me $52.04! thats it. plus $75.00 A YEAR for insurance.

    pretty cheap reassurance knowing if you get pulled over your not getting towed.

    Do your paperwork on a friday, have plates by weds-thursday.

  34. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NC/SC
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    So I am going to do the SD title for my bike and my wifes CRF150R. We bought my wife's 150r from a private seller and he didn't have the MSO, although I do know the dealership the bike was originally purchased from, can I go there and have them issue me an MSO? Another question, does the MSO have to be in my name? I have the MSO for my YZ and it is signed off to me, but my name isn't on the front will that cause any issues?
    This is the interwebs. You don't admit when you're wrong. You just bring it down to personal attacks against sexual preference, the opponents mother or at the very least past grammar mistakes. RGP's: 5

    Check out my Vlog: Zabrow187 Vlog

  35. #133
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quick question,

    I recently bought a 2006 WR450f. It came with South Carolina "off road use only" title (same state I live). I haven't transferred the title to my name yet, shall I do this first before sending it to SD?

    So glad I was referred to this forum!!!

  36. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    miami,robbinsville.n.c
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Ok update, get my tag and reg in 7 days, WOW!!!!!
    12 years off riding this thing with different tags, done deal, 55.37$ what a deal, this is no bullshit, it's to simple not to do it, next my local tag agency to tranfer to FL tag n reg!!!
    DRZ 400(green n proud)[LIST=1]
    2011 jeep wrangler jk unlimited

  37. #135
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wrjet52 View Post
    Quick question,

    I recently bought a 2006 WR450f. It came with South Carolina "off road use only" title (same state I live). I haven't transferred the title to my name yet, shall I do this first before sending it to SD?

    So glad I was referred to this forum!!!

    Got everything together and sent off today. Called the number in post one with a title question and the staff there are very friendly.

    Waiting for an email or phone call to make payment, hopefully everything goes through ok.

  38. #136
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wrjet52 View Post
    Got everything together and sent off today. Called the number in post one with a title question and the staff there are very friendly.

    Waiting for an email or phone call to make payment, hopefully everything goes through ok.

    Hello all,

    I was on the fence about buying a 2004 xr400 is not plated. but this just sealed the deal for me. Can anyone else in California share their experience thru this process. Did it work well to register back in CA?

    Thanks in advance.

  39. #137
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wrjet52 View Post
    Got everything together and sent off today. Called the number in post one with a title question and the staff there are very friendly.

    Waiting for an email or phone call to make payment, hopefully everything goes through ok.
    Got the phone call today. $53 paid, registration and plates are on the way. Title comes a few weeks later.

    Awesome, can't wait to get this WR on the road.

  40. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Has anyone tried with a 2 stroke yet?

  41. #139
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Yes. 07 300 XC-W
    08 WR250X/R

  42. #140
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Thanks to everyone here for supporting the state of SD! Your plates will help pay for some new roads around here. I am from SD and have known that you can register out of state for SD plates. I went down to Cabo San Lucas one time and saw a ton of cars down there with SD plates. I knew it was more than a coincidence that there were that many people from SD in one area at the same time. Once I got home I figured out why. There was a Harley down there with SD plates but the tags expired a year or so prior. I am guessing the guy got plates and called it good.

    As for the person worried about their plates starting with MX, SD used M for the first digit on motorcycle plates and works their way through. It started with MA00001 or whatever and is now at MX. I will be getting my SD plates within a couple weeks.

  43. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I mailed in all the paper work in the beginning of the week for my crf450r. Been waiting patiently(not really)all week for a phone call to make the credit card payment and nothing. Just happened to check my junk email and it was in there! Said to call to make payment, so glad I checked ALL my email. I called and the lady was very nice but my only concern was she still called it an ATV? Of course I said motorcycle and doubled checked that it was for the street and I was looking for a plate. Thanks fully she said yes, so I should be getting it next week!

  44. #142
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default Success!

    Got the registration and plate today! 7 whole days from the day I sent the paper work to the day I got the plate. A big thanks to Mr. Crash! You rock!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wrjet52; 05-31-2014 at 12:30 PM.

  45. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lakeside, Texas, United States
    Posts
    7,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wrjet52 View Post
    Got the registration and plate today! 7 whole days from the day I sent the paper work to the day I got the plate. A big thanks to Mr. Crash! You rock!
    Glad that this thread has helped everybody get their bikes on the road!

  46. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Does anyone know if this works for under 200cc's as well ?

  47. #145
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lakeside, Texas, United States
    Posts
    7,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durs845 View Post
    Does anyone know if this works for under 200cc's as well ?
    I don't see why not.

  48. #146
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the weeds
    Posts
    492

    Default

    The form that needs to be notarized says that it needs to be 200 cc's or more, but I may have misunderstood, so you may want to call SD to clarify.
    2010 Yamaha WR250X SOLD
    2011 Triumph Speed Triple SE SOLD
    2012 Yamaha WR450F
    2014 Yamaha FZ09

  49. #147
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durs845 View Post
    Does anyone know if this works for under 200cc's as well ?
    No it will not. I had called these people a few weeks ago with another question. That was one of the first things they asked. They said it MUST BE 200cc's OR MORE.

  50. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Thank you for the info Moto

  51. #149
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    28

    Default Probly

    Quote Originally Posted by SFLSUMO View Post
    Great news, but again, what happens next, when I get my brand new South Dakota Title? Can I then register it in FL?
    I bought my bike from a guy that brought it here from california and tagged and we transferred it to a fl tag title with zero problems..

    I just scored a CRF150R and was wondering about the 200cc restriction? just lie and put 200cc?

  52. #150
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLAcowboy27 View Post
    I bought my bike from a guy that brought it here from california and tagged and we transferred it to a fl tag title with zero problems..

    I just scored a CRF150R and was wondering about the 200cc restriction? just lie and put 200cc?
    Yea I agree it's just like moving from any other state should have zero problems transferring it to FL tags.

    As far as lying idk go ahead I guess just remember there's probably a reason it's notarized and you would be lying on a state/government document. But then again how would you state know when they look at it...esp if you then transfer it to your state. I guess they prob do run the vin and see what engine was in it...

  53.  
    Advertisement
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •