Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike! - Page 4
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike!

Quote Originally Posted by MotoSteve13 View Post
    Yea I agree it's just like moving from any other state should have zero problems transferring it to FL tags.

As far as lying idk go ahead I guess just remember there's probably a reason it's notarized and you would be lying on a state/government document. But then again how would you state know when they look at it...esp if you then transfer it to your state. I guess they prob do run the vin and see what engine was in it...
    I think he has that new 206cc stroker engine in it...

Advertisement

Unreal, got my plate in the mail today for my CRF450R. I'm still shaking my head at how easy it was! Thanks guys for sharing this secret!

I just finished my wife's CRF150R and will probably put Crf250r on the paperwork. My YZ450 will be first though.
    This is the interwebs. You don't admit when you're wrong. You just bring it down to personal attacks against sexual preference, the opponents mother or at the very least past grammar mistakes. RGP's: 5

Check out my Vlog: Zabrow187 Vlog

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Just a thought guys but this is an open internet forum board that anyone can see. I would be wary of openly discussing fraud and misrepresentation etc. All it takes is one dick to send a link to the wrong person to get things screwed up for everyone. I hate govt regulations on stupid things like this, but it's the world we live in and openly thumbing your nose at the powers that be may be seen as a challenge that forces action. Just my 2 cents. I'm not the internet police so do what you want.
    2010 Yamaha WR250X SOLD
    2011 Triumph Speed Triple SE SOLD
    2012 Yamaha WR450F
    2014 Yamaha FZ09

Has anyone had any success using an off road registration In place of the mso/ title??!?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by organ donor View Post
    Just a thought guys but this is an open internet forum board that anyone can see. I would be wary of openly discussing fraud and misrepresentation etc. All it takes is one dick to send a link to the wrong person to get things screwed up for everyone. I hate govt regulations on stupid things like this, but it's the world we live in and openly thumbing your nose at the powers that be may be seen as a challenge that forces action. Just my 2 cents. I'm not the internet police so do what you want.
    I completely agree it would be great if this was a little more hush hush....

Quote Originally Posted by BAZUKAJOE View Post
    Has anyone had any success using an off road registration In place of the mso/ title??!?
    Call them the ladies there are very nice and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by organ donor View Post
    Completely agree that's what I meant people need to realize it is a Government document that they are lyin on and the getting notarized...pretty serious offense in most states. Don't understand wanting a 150 on the street gearing and everything else would be awful

Default My final update to this plating process

Just letting you guys know that my South Dakota Title arrived in the mail last week.

I managed to get to my local DMV today (South Carolina). I transferred the title and registration over to SC with no issues. I now have a SC plate.

Job complete
    Thanks again Crash!

*Also, SD does not require for you to send back the plate after the switch over. They told me I can do whatever I want with it. I get to keep it, cool eh!
    Last edited by wrjet52; 06-19-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrjet52 View Post
    Just letting you guys know that my South Dakota Title arrived in the mail last week.

I managed to get to my local DMV today (South Carolina). I transferred the title and registration over to SC with no issues. I now have a SC plate.

Job complete
    Thanks again Crash!

*Also, SD does not require for you to send back the plate after the switch over. They told me I can do whatever I want with it. I get to keep it, cool eh!
    Now that is a success story!

Quote Originally Posted by crash279 View Post
    do you think it would work with a 2007 husqvarna tc450

Quote Originally Posted by cameron.s View Post
    do you think it would work with a 2007 husqvarna tc450
    yup

how hard do you think it would be ?

how hard do you think it would be ?
    Just as easy as everybody else's stories in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by crash279 View Post
    Just as easy as everybody else's stories in this thread.
    ahah nice um how about smog i live in sf

No need to smog a bike in Kali, it's required equipment, but they don't run you through a bi yearly check like cars.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

so i could have nothing on my bike for smog i would just need lights and blinkers

so i could have nothing on my bike for smog i would just need lights and blinkers
    Zactly.

If you do get pulled over and get a hard ass officer with some MC knowledge, he could write you a fat ticket depending on the year of the bike though.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

Anyone that lives in ny tried this? And been able to transfer to New York and get a ny street title?

Quote Originally Posted by Msixx View Post
    it's not a hard process. im S/D plated in central CA with my XR650R. took less than a week to get shit mailed, and plates back to me.
    FOLLOW the instructions exactly!
    get insurance! i have PROGRESSIVE, just the basic, since its a tard and its not my S1000RR, if i drop the tard, no big deal. i drop the BMW, $$$ ouch!

my entire process cost me $52.04! thats it. plus $75.00 A YEAR for insurance.

pretty cheap reassurance knowing if you get pulled over your not getting towed.

Do your paperwork on a friday, have plates by weds-thursday.
    Are you planning on doing the transfer from the SD to Cali plate?
    '00 XR650R Cali plated SM/Trail Pig
    '04 CR250R An environmentalists dream

What about smaller bikes. I want to get a my wife's CRF150 street titled, will this method work?
    This is the interwebs. You don't admit when you're wrong. You just bring it down to personal attacks against sexual preference, the opponents mother or at the very least past grammar mistakes. RGP's: 5

Default plates

guys in kalif must remember that by law u are required to reregister a car, bike or boat within 10 days. you could get away with it for a while, but do realize that it could b impounded. esp if they see you more then once and have had a warning or ticket. it is easier to go throu AAA then DMV. i know that much.

Items for Sale

I think I just converted another person to supermoto. Guy down the street heard me on my WR450SM and asked how I did it, so I showed/sent him this thread. Thinking about selling mine for some extra $$$ and then converting/plating a newer one through SD.

Post California questions???????

1-Has anyone sucessfully transferred the SD title/Reg to California & recieved a cali plate?

2-Was there a bike inspection involved? If there was how did you get past not having a CARB sticker? (F-ing Tree Huggers!)

3-I am under the impression that CALI determines streetability by the Vin#. In which case the SD--> CA transfer trick would not work.(is this true)?

4-My bike(03' CRF450R) is Reg'd/Titled in CALI as Off-Highway-Vehicle (RED-Stickered). Would that cause a Problem if I went CA(OHV)->SD->CA(street)?

5-What does the SD title say, If it says anything like Dirt/ATV/Off-Road Use I can guarantee me or anyone else WILL NOT Recieve a CA plate!

6-I live in a small town(in the Mojave Desert)with few cops so I would definatley be picked out after a while with a SD Plate so that's not an option for me.

7-I have never ridin' supermoto only desert/woods Off-Road, I wanna be able to ride to work 3mi through town, then get off and hit our endless desert singletrack

Bump. I would also like to know these. Debating selling my 250 for another 450.
    2007 WR450F Supermoto
    Past Motards: 2008 WR250X, 2009 WR450F, 2009 WR250X, 2006 DRZ400SM, 2005 WR450F, 2008 DRZ400SM

Riding Game Challenges: 15

So how are you guys getting around the 3% tax? It's not an issue for a bike, but this could be a godsend for those who flip expensive cars frequently. The tax is the killer in that case. Awesome info on this thread btw, and thanks for having me.

Total time from sending paperwork off to receiving plates/registration=6 business days. You know what this means....

KTM Duke II 2005 CRF450X SM, 2002 Aprilia Mille 1000/////1997 CR250RSM(SOLD)\\ 2001DRZ400(SOLD) \\2001 WR250F(Sold) \\2002 SV650(Sold) \\2006 DR250(Sold) \\1996 KTM 300EXC(sold)
    Godspeed Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by dmanisgnarly View Post
    Total time from sending paperwork off to receiving plates/registration=6 business days. You know what this means....

Just need to find out what form to sign since the mso is in another name and I will be mailing papers for my 09 yz450f!

Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by turbett1 View Post
    1-Has anyone sucessfully transferred the SD title/Reg to California & recieved a cali plate?

2-Was there a bike inspection involved? If there was how did you get past not having a CARB sticker? (F-ing Tree Huggers!)

3-I am under the impression that CALI determines streetability by the Vin#. In which case the SD--> CA transfer trick would not work.(is this true)?

4-My bike(03' CRF450R) is Reg'd/Titled in CALI as Off-Highway-Vehicle (RED-Stickered). Would that cause a Problem if I went CA(OHV)->SD->CA(street)?

5-What does the SD title say, If it says anything like Dirt/ATV/Off-Road Use I can guarantee me or anyone else WILL NOT Recieve a CA plate!

6-I live in a small town(in the Mojave Desert)with few cops so I would definatley be picked out after a while with a SD Plate so that's not an option for me.

7-I have never ridin' supermoto only desert/woods Off-Road, I wanna be able to ride to work 3mi through town, then get off and hit our endless desert singletrack
    Idk if this would help. I'm seriously considering buying an 08 wr450 and supermotoing it myself from my recent experience importing my 04 WR450SM from WA to San Diego, CA.

All I had to do is show up and fill out one form and bring my WA street legal title. The guy was very helpful and just told me to list the bike as a gift instead of buying it so I wont be taxed on the "$750 purchase" . Anyways, I got a temporary plate and just have to go back for an inspection. According to Baja Designs: http://www.bajadesigns.com/docs/tech...ion_packet.pdf it is just lighting/horn/battery life. I'm not concerned at all. I just listed my bike as 8800 mi and had no problem. They straight up asked me if it had over 7,500 because that is the cutoff.

You should be just fine plating it in SD. I'm confident it will work even in CA.

Just mailed my paper work to them from Ny for my 09 yz450f. Wish me luck!

Keep the updates coming in guys! Definitely some great tips and helpful advice.

I am going to be trying this soon with my titled cr500af. Wish me luck. I will update you when I hear back from them.
    2003 Wr450f Sumo
    2004 Buell Xb12s
    2001 Cr500AF Dirt

I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death-DeltaOne

Quote Originally Posted by WRSumo450 View Post
    I am going to be trying this soon with my titled cr500af. Wish me luck. I will update you when I hear back from them.
    Good luck!

I've been riding around NY with a Sd plate since December with no issues. Ive also been pulled over, cop didn't even question my plate. I don't plan on switching over to a NY plate just so i don't have to pay for the ny inspection every year.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT88 View Post
    I've been riding around NY with a Sd plate since December with no issues. Ive also been pulled over, cop didn't even question my plate. I don't plan on switching over to a NY plate just so i don't have to pay for the ny inspection every year.
    I have a 00 ktm exc and I've never inspected it in ny and have a ny plate

How long did it take u guys once the received the papers for a email or call?

If I understood you correctly, not long. I got an email very shortly after they received it.
    08 WR250X/R

Hmmm. It was delivered Saturday. Figured they would have called or emailed me this morning

I took 3 weeks total from the day I sent the paperwork out

Quote Originally Posted by kvpracing View Post
    Hmmm. It was delivered Saturday. Figured they would have called or emailed me this morning
    I'm thinking our definition of "shortly after" is a little different.
    08 WR250X/R

Quote Originally Posted by [N8] View Post
    I'm thinking our definition of "shortly after" is a little different.
    What's your shorty after? Haha

A day or two, but I didn't track when they received my paperwork. I just felt it was a very reasonable amount of time in which they contacted me after I'd sent it in.
    08 WR250X/R

Add me to the list, I sent out my paper work on my YZ today (8/18/14).

hey guys. I have a ? its kind of been asked but not really answered. if I do all this for my 2011 yz450f that I want to use a dual sport and I get a title back that say dirt or atv and not road, how's that going to fly if I get pulled over and it kicks back as an atv registration? in NY my dealer told me when I bought my bike there's no more titles issued and the registration is the only proof of ownership I went to the dmv for a title and my vin kicked backed it as a non-titled vehicle. I have a NY plate now as dose my two quads but the reg says atv. if I ran that on the street and got pulled over id be in the back seat of a crown vic. just kinda of wondering if its the same type of reg as an atv or will it be and actual street motorcycle title? I see some came back both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by aber787 View Post
    hey guys. I have a ? its kind of been asked but not really answered. if I do all this for my 2011 yz450f that I want to use a dual sport and I get a title back that say dirt or atv and not road, how's that going to fly if I get pulled over and it kicks back as an atv registration? in NY my dealer told me when I bought my bike there's no more titles issued and the registration is the only proof of ownership I went to the dmv for a title and my vin kicked backed it as a non-titled vehicle. I have a NY plate now as dose my two quads but the reg says atv. if I ran that on the street and got pulled over id be in the back seat of a crown vic. just kinda of wondering if its the same type of reg as an atv or will it be and actual street motorcycle title? I see some came back both ways.
    I'll let u know as soon as I get my title and I'll try to go my a ny dmv in the boonies and see what they say when I go to transfer it to ny

awesome thanks

$52 and it's on it's way!!

How long did it take to hear back?

They got my stuff Saturday night. I called them today since I heard nothing and she opened the package on the phone and filled it out. Even let me change my address to ship to a different address!

Advertisement
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast