Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike! - Page 5
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike!

Quote Originally Posted by kvpracing View Post
    $52 and it's on it's way!!
    Did you send them a title or your registration? I emailed them with a couple ?'s but haven't heard back yet hopefully it went to the right place.

Advertisement

Default Get a Street Legal Title and Plate for ANY Bike!

I sent them the mso. But if you read in their site it state for out of state residents that u need to send a mso or proof of owner ship. In ny proof of ownership is a registration. So I'm sure either will work. My mso worked

Just call them the numbers on the first post

I sent them the mso. But if you read in their site it state for out of state residents that u need to send a mso or proof of owner ship. In ny proof of ownership is a registration. So I'm sure either will work. My mso worked

Just call them the numbers on the first post
    That is good to hear, I am plating the same kind of bike you are.
    This is the interwebs. You don't admit when you're wrong. You just bring it down to personal attacks against sexual preference, the opponents mother or at the very least past grammar mistakes. RGP's: 5

Check out my Vlog: Zabrow187 Vlog

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

I have a question. How do you renew the tags after they expire? Anyone run the SD plate long enough to find out?

I'm about to mail out my paper work but my only questions are

1. on my title it says "NOT MANUFACTURED FOR USE ON PUBLIC ROAD OR HIGHWAYS."
    2. under that it says "VEHICLE IS EXEMPT FROM ODOMETER REQUIREMENTS"

I all the paper work ready to be sent out I'm just up in there air on those to things... is this still going to work??

Quote Originally Posted by rickasurus_rex View Post
    I'm about to mail out my paper work but my only questions are

1. on my title it says "NOT MANUFACTURED FOR USE ON PUBLIC ROAD OR HIGHWAYS."
    2. under that it says "VEHICLE IS EXEMPT FROM ODOMETER REQUIREMENTS"

I all the paper work ready to be sent out I'm just up in there air on those to things... is this still going to work??
    Don't put any miles mine said the same exact thing and my plate is in the mail. If you want to wait till I get it I can tell you what my reg says. They said a month for title

I just got my email today (8/21/14). It took 3 days for my paperwork to get to there office. I am going to call and make my payment and hopefully have my shiny new plate by the middle of next week.
    This is the interwebs. You don't admit when you're wrong. You just bring it down to personal attacks against sexual preference, the opponents mother or at the very least past grammar mistakes. RGP's: 5

Don't put any miles mine said the same exact thing and my plate is in the mail. If you want to wait till I get it I can tell you what my reg says. They said a month for title
    this is what i like to here. NICE I'm next day fedex'n this tomorrow. did you pay on the phone or mail a check??

and report back with some info on what everything says

thanks

I sent mine guarantied usps. Cost 19.99 took one night from ny

this post has gotten me excited, about plating a kx450 and hopefully this will still work by the time I am ready

Currently searching for a 07+ wr450 in cali to attempt this. The success stories are giving me hope I won't be bound to a money pit ktm or pig of a drz for a sumo.
    08 WR450 Project

08 DRZ400SM

$55.44 ($52.50 + $2.99 card fee) Plates and Registration will be here middle of next week. 09 YZ450 Followed the exact directions Crash put in the first post. Probably the easiest transaction I have ever had with a government agency. THANK CRASH!!

Interesting how urs was alittle more. Mine was 49 and change plus card fee

I bought my bike without a title. Should have my Alabama title this week then turn it straight around to SD! Cant wait!!!

Got my plate!

Says body type mot on the regi. Just waiting for the title now!

that's awesome, hopefully getting mine sent out today.

I got my AL title in, was expecting it to say off road only, but it says body type MC!!! Wooo! I guess I just got lucky.

I see a lot of success stories with registering in SD, but it seems like only a few have re-registered it in their home state (though to be fair, I haven't seen any reported failures using this process). Has anyone had trouble re-registering in their own home state? Or are most people leaving it registered in SD to avoid any chance of being rejected? I'd like to buy a dirt bike and try this, but only if it is successful to re-register it in GA.

Got my plate!

Says body type mot on the regi. Just waiting for the title now!
    HEY man on the first forum you filled out. the one that needed to be notarized. it says

title number_________ left that blank. MAKE_________yam____

model________YZ____ year______2012____ then is says "serial number"___________ do i put my VIN there or leave that blank??

Vin for serial number

My plate came in today 8/28/14 Registration lists the bike as MOT. Start to finish it took 10 days exactly. 8/18/14 - 8/28/14

[QUOTE=Zabrow187;1677325]My plate came in today 8/28/14 Registration lists the bike as MOT. Start to finish it took 10 days exactly. 8/18/14 - 8/28/14

nice congrats on the plate! my paper work just got sent in as well.. but i see that you blacked your plate with some paper but that regi sticker in the corner shows your plate# as well. just a heads up. not like it really matters anyways but just wanted you to kno

So I skimmed through the thread to no avail. Has anyone here successfully completed this process in California?
    '93 Honda XR650L (sumo in progress)

[QUOTE=rickasurus_rex;1677333]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabrow187 View Post
    My plate came in today 8/28/14 Registration lists the bike as MOT. Start to finish it took 10 days exactly. 8/18/14 - 8/28/14

nice congrats on the plate! my paper work just got sent in as well.. but i see that you blacked your plate with some paper but that regi sticker in the corner shows your plate# as well. just a heads up. not like it really matters anyways but just wanted you to kno
    LOL, I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up.

Default Getting a title/tag in Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by scott525 View Post
    Got my title in the mail today.
    Shouldn't have a problem getting a plate in Ga.
    Doesn't say anything about offload only or dirt.

Basic title. The body type says ATV.
    I will run the SD plate for a while until I get pulled.
    Trying to get credible info before spending the $2500 on parts to convert my '06 CRF450R to a street legal sumo. Went to the local DMV, where I know the employees, and was given the name and number of the unit that does the inspections. Spoke with the rep last week and he told me everything I would need to do to get the bike inspected/licensed. Stopped by the local Honda shop yesterday to pick up a sprocket and left case gasket and told them what I was doing. They advised me that this would not fly in GA. I told them of my experience with the inspector and they advised me to contact them again. Sure enough, when I spoke with the same DMV rep I spoke with last week and told him I had an MSO for the engine and frame I wanted to use, he asked me if the MSO said "for off road use only". He said Georgia would not license it for the street. Even if I had a title/tag from another state, they would run the VIN and it would come up as "off road use only" and would not title it in GA. Glad I found this out before dropping the cash. Just need to find a track up here in NE GA that has an over 60 moto class:(

If your state uses vin search then it prob won't work

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBoy View Post
    Trying to get credible info before spending the $2500 on parts to convert my '06 CRF450R to a street legal sumo. Went to the local DMV, where I know the employees, and was given the name and number of the unit that does the inspections. Spoke with the rep last week and he told me everything I would need to do to get the bike inspected/licensed. Stopped by the local Honda shop yesterday to pick up a sprocket and left case gasket and told them what I was doing. They advised me that this would not fly in GA. I told them of my experience with the inspector and they advised me to contact them again. Sure enough, when I spoke with the same DMV rep I spoke with last week and told him I had an MSO for the engine and frame I wanted to use, he asked me if the MSO said "for off road use only". He said Georgia would not license it for the street. Even if I had a title/tag from another state, they would run the VIN and it would come up as "off road use only" and would not title it in GA. Glad I found this out before dropping the cash. Just need to find a track up here in NE GA that has an over 60 moto class:(
    Well since the bike would be registered to your Georgia address you should be good to go with the S. Dakota plate.

Can anyone tell me if this will work with a CRF150r? or does it have to be over 200 CC?

Quote Originally Posted by Zabrow187 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this will work with a CRF150r? or does it have to be over 200 CC?
    Apparently it has to be over 200cc...

Currently putting my paperwork in the envelope. I'm a PA licensed driver, current CA address, trying to get a SD title and plate. Also just bought the bike so trying to transfer ownership too. Lady on the phone said mail these two forms crash linked, bill of sale(available on their site), title signed and ready to transfer, copy of drivers license and military ID, and I also attached a note for credit card payment. Mailing it out today. Hoping it goes smoothly. I'll update you guys when I hear back.
    08 WR450 Project

08 DRZ400SM

bought my bike in utah, i have a Florida DL and address. just got my confirmation email from the dmv and i ended up paying $180 for everything. should be getting my plate in the mail by friday.. don't really care about running a out of state plate where ever i am and when this plate expires ill try and transfer it over. if my state doesn't want to transfer it over (which i don't see why) I'm gonna redo this all over again!

once again i wanna say thanks to everyone who has help out and contributed to getting me my regi

THANKS

Default Modified Vehicle?

So quick question does the SD title have a brands on it such as a modified vehicle?

When you convert bikes in PA the title gets a modified vehicle brand requiring you to get it inspected at an enhanced inspection station.
    You use this form in PA and it only works on dirtbikes not ATV's etc. MV-426b

Quote Originally Posted by rvanderbrug View Post
    So I skimmed through the thread to no avail. Has anyone here successfully completed this process in California?
    That's what I'm wondering. I just picked up a 2008 CRF450R today and would like to get it plated (and sumo'd). I'd like to be able to get the plates switched over to California ones since I don't want to deal with cops. I live right next to the Sheriff station and juvenile hall, so there are cops everywhere around here.

received my plate and registration on Tuesday. says mot for body type. I am glad I tried this instead of going to spend 10 grand on a new tagged ktm. thanks for the help guys

Im wanting to do this and wondering if you guys are sending proof of insurance with the paper work? Here in Indiana you cant get plates with out insurance.

Thanks, Alan

Nope dont need it. But you better get it to ride it around

Nope dont need it. But you better get it to ride it around

Im definitely getting insurance but ill wait till i get the new title and plates. Thanks.

Cost me 38$ I don't even have my light kit installed yet. Just got the paper saying I did stamped at the notary. Hopefully a plate this week.
    08 WR450 Project

08 DRZ400SM

Quote Originally Posted by rvanderbrug View Post
    yes sir, my XR650R sumo is SD plated and on the streets of CA for the last 6 months or so. already have paid my first registration, was easy and fast. Im in the central valley. it was cheap fast and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyz View Post
    Cost me 38$ I don't even have my light kit installed yet. Just got the paper saying I did stamped at the notary. Hopefully a plate this week.
    How did u get it so cheap?

How did u get it so cheap?
    That was my thought. I think they might have waived a fee somewhere since I'm military. At first thought maybe they forgot I wanted it plated but the lady on the phone said looks like we're making it street legal so I hope that includes a plate. My receipt says:
    $5.00 title fee
    $25.50 registration fee
    $5.00 mailing fee

and the $2.48 credit card fee.

Should be here this week so i'll let you guys know.
    08 WR450 Project

08 DRZ400SM

Quote Originally Posted by Msixx View Post
    yes sir, my XR650R sumo is SD plated and on the streets of CA for the last 6 months or so. already have paid my first registration, was easy and fast. Im in the central valley. it was cheap fast and easy.
    That's good to hear. Have you had any problems with the police since it's been running the SD plates?

One other question I'm not sure if you guys would know the answer to. When having the bike inspected in CA to get the SD plates swapped over could any CHP officer do it? I just remembered my old roommate is good friends with a CHP officer that would most likely overlook things. He's kind of shady like that.

If any shop could do the inspection I'm probably free and clear there as a I work at a motorcycle dealership.

My goal is to get the bike CA plated. I don't really want to even spend the $500 for a Baja Designs kit if it's not going to happen. I may try my luck just running the SD plate since having lights for off-road night riding would be nice anyway.

I also was talking to a sales guy at my work and a dude from a local shop plated a CRF450 in CA not too long ago. He did it all with paperwork. It was a royal pain in the ass from what he said, but doable. I'm going to hit him up the next time I see him at the shop.

Default Street Plate

Just got off the phone with a nice lady named Katie at the treasurers office.
    She took my payment and asked me for some other information I missed on the forms. (color of bike lol)
    Then she said that she would finalize the paperwork today and have the plate in the mail tomorrow
    I mailed this out usps priority mail on monday and plate should mail out friday!
    One week and I already have a plate coming

Thanks all for the information be safe out there

Did you have a MSO to send them?
    looking for a XR650R SM....

'96 Honda XR250/300 plated, '89 Honda Transalp-current
    '08 Husky 510TE/SM, '07 Husky 610SM, '09 Husky 450SMR,'10 Husky 310TE/SM-all sold
    Sikorsky UH-60L- borrowed daily

I sent a florida off highway title in along with the required paperwork from the first post.

Default Indiana attempt

Hey everybody, I sent my paperwork in today. I bought my CRF 450x in Illinois, but I live in Indiana. The original owner signed the title and my name is on it as the new owner. Mileage is listed on the title. Since I just bought the bike I listed the price to get taxed. Someone mentioned a bill of sale form, but I could not find one. The form states that if no bill of sale is available, they use a fair market value. To avoid an argument I printed a Kelley Blue Book evaluation of $1900 and told them use that if required. They only charge 3%, so I was OK with that. It also avoids my state ever seeing this VIN number through a title transfer. If you read the sticky at the front of the site, there is a link to all the state requirements. When I looked at Indiana, it lists that they will accept transfers from any state.

Indiana State Motorcycle Laws
    Road
    Accept Motorcycle Endorsement From Other States
    Yes
    Accept RiderEd Completion Card From Other States
    Yes, with certain restrictions.

Look up your state and it will answer some of the questions about transfer from SD

Here is Georgia

Georgia State Motorcycle Laws
    Road
    Accept Motorcycle Endorsement From Other States
    Yes
    We will see how it goes and I will try to carry my information through getting an Indiana plate. Thanks Crash

I mailed mine off yesterday at noon 9/12/14 thay said it will be there monday by 3:00pm 9/15/14

Hopefully it goes smoothly. Titling a 2008 KTM 450 XC-F

A lot of states will reg those for the streets if you have the original mso. Everyone I seen doesn't say for off road use

A lot of states will reg those for the streets if you have the original mso. Everyone I seen doesn't say for off road use

It says C/O nothing about off road and i didnt even try, maybe i should have, i didnt because others in my area wasnt having any luck with their bikes.

Advertisement
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast