Husqvarna TE510 09 rebuild after crash
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 68

Thread: Husqvarna TE510 09 rebuild after crash

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default Husqvarna TE510 09 rebuild after crash

    Hello fellow motor enthusiasts

    I'm from Norway, 18 years old and got my first Husky in june 2013. It was a Husqvarna TE510 2009. In November I had an collision with a Subaru Forester. Apperently I was riding at to high speed so they blame me for the accident (70km/h where it's 50km/h . The insurance wouldn't pay for the damages on my bike. It's now winter here, so my plan is to get the bike up and running before all of the snow is gone (maybe in March). I hope you guys will help me with any problems and/or questions i might have during the rebuild. Because I can use all the help I can get.

    Before I can start stripping the bike I need to take it to the NPRA (Norwegian Public Roads Administration) and get the papers for changing the frame. Which I sort of did get. Just that they demanded that I got some papers from a workshop where it says that the frame needs to be changed..

    Picture of the bike the day I got it, only had 3 hour on it when i bought it.


    aaand a picture after the crash..


    Got the bike home and started painting the room I'll be spending most of my nights in.. but I'm still waiting for most of my tools to come home. Rather smal room but think it'll do just fine if I stick with just the one bike.


    Please post any ideas for styling you might have. Open for ideas
    Last edited by nidingr; 12-18-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  2.  
    Advertisement
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Oxford town UK
    Posts
    831

    Default

    White, yellow and blue in old(80's)/new(2014) Husky colours? Are you interested in modern or retro styling?

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    716
    Items for Sale

    Default

    Make it a track toy and get off the street. Way more fun and safer.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I'm mostly interested in a rather new look than the retro, like the combination of red and white. Would have had a retro lok if the bike was older.
    Thinking of getting the Acerbis supermoto front fender for a SM-setup and going for the original fender on the dirt bike setup, but don't know if I'll go with the original headlight, KTM headlight or the trailtech x2?

    Going to get some it wrapped in some foil when it's done, so the design will have to wait.
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Got around and started taking the bike apart today, also been ordering some parts that will arrive in January.


    Found out that the forks were not bendt and the dampening was smooth all the way when compressing them. Thank god. It's mostly the frame that is bendt.
    Bought a used triple clamp from a Husqvarna TC 450, but dont know if I'll get it sandblasted and power coated in red maybe?


    and maybe some new radiators
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    Are you sure TC triple clamps and SMR triple clamps are the same? They might have different widths...
    2008 Husqvarna SM450R
    Check out the Supermoto Central Shop for the new Supermoto Central gear!

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    716
    Items for Sale

    Default

    The old ones did, but that only applies for the 610 and 570 afaik. The 2008+ TC triples should be the same width as the SMR items.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    The TC triple clamps are from a 2009, and they arrived in the mail today, the width is the same as mine 50mm if I remember correctly?

    Beautiful weather we have here in Norway, might be a while before we see bare asfalt again.


    Anyways, got the bike apart today but I'm still waiting for the new frame to arrive. Long wait because of the christmas holiday, so it'll arrive in January.
    Luckily I'm getting some help with getting the engine out of the frame.




    Aaaand it gone. The engine mounts were a bit bendt but not anything that caused any problems when taking out the bolts.
    Last edited by nidingr; 12-22-2013 at 05:23 AM.
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern utah
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    How did you fair, are you ok?? That's a TON of damage, sucks about the speeding and insurance problem.. Should be a fun little wrenching project, though I guess? (Looking at the bright side? )

    I can't remember for sure, but I think the TC may have had 195mm wide triples. I know the SMR is 205mm wide for sure..

    You have some sweeeet wall trophies now though! That frame! How did the wheels and suspension not get destroyed??

  12. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Balls Deep
    Posts
    3,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    That frame! How did the wheels and suspension not get destroyed??
    I also need this info.
    2007 RXV550SM/2007 KTM 690SM
    NO REMORSE / NO REGRET Previous Supermotos: 2008 SM510R

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern utah
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    Here's my idea.. cut the fram in half lengthwise, at an angle, such that the stem is preserved and one side of the spars. Then mount on wall with a cool background. Maybe some race pics or Husqvarna history stuff..

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    47

    Default

    cars scare me

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNEFO View Post
    cars scare me
    At least in most of Europe it's illegal to use a cell phone while driving...

  16. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Here's my idea.. cut the fram in half lengthwise, at an angle, such that the stem is preserved and one side of the spars. Then mount on wall with a cool background. Maybe some race pics or Husqvarna history stuff..
    That is one sweet idea man! Thanks alot!
    Thinking like a wallpaper 1,5m wide * 1,0 m high?

    I'm quite alright after the crash now, had no broken bones, only some trubble with the muscles in my right foot, but it turned out great after about 2 weeks. And my groin was all blue and swollen for a few days.
    Believe I hit the windshield of the car with my head and upper body, and my groin in the mirror... The bike hit the car somewhere around the headlight (since the driver paniced and steered directly at me) and the bike was tossed over the hood and landed on it's side next to the car, about a few inches away from where i landed. I fucking hate busses that almost run me over when exiting a bus stop, forcing me to hit the car instead.

    Also got a wonderful gift in the mail here the other day!


    The forks as you can see are as good as they can get, and they're obv quite sturdy.


    This photo shows where the frame got the most beating. The frame is dented about 3-4 cm in. And you can also see how bendt the thing that stops the triple clamp when turning it.


    The front wheel was a little bit damaged, but it's not bendt or deformed in any way. Quality all the way!
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  17. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern utah
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nidingr View Post
    That is one sweet idea man! Thanks alot!
    Thinking like a wallpaper 1,5m wide * 1,0 m high?

    I'm quite alright after the crash now, had no broken bones, only some trubble with the muscles in my right foot, but it turned out great after about 2 weeks. And my groin was all blue and swollen for a few days.
    Believe I hit the windshield of the car with my head and upper body, and my groin in the mirror... The bike hit the car somewhere around the headlight (since the driver paniced and steered directly at me) and the bike was tossed over the hood and landed on it's side next to the car, about a few inches away from where i landed. I fucking hate busses that almost run me over when exiting a bus stop, forcing me to hit the car instead.
    Like this! Mounted on some sort of backboard.


    Glad to hear you're ok! That could've been much worse! I did something very similar when I was about 14. I was riding my bike home and went to cross an intersection at the cross walk when someone from the side street went to turn right on to the main street that I was riding parallel to. Well they didn't stop at their red light and went through the intersection the same time I went from the sidewalk to the crosswalk! I hit the right side front door of the sedan and flipped over the car. The bike had a messed up front wheel and I came out fine. I looked at the old car to see an old couple! I turned to grab my bike and show them but before I could, they drove away!!!

  18. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nidingr View Post
    The front wheel was a little bit damaged, but it's not bendt or deformed in any way. Quality all the way!
    Excels are fucking ace, I had a front end crash on my old bike and the excels were perfect after it. Even managed to sell them on, no problem with them at all.
    2005 KTM 525SXM - stolen
    2004 KTM 450/525SX Project.............

    Riding Game: 5 complete
    We're not here for a long time. We're here for a good time.

  19. #17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post

    Glad to hear you're ok! That could've been much worse! I did something very similar when I was about 14. I was riding my bike home and went to cross an intersection at the cross walk when someone from the side street went to turn right on to the main street that I was riding parallel to. Well they didn't stop at their red light and went through the intersection the same time I went from the sidewalk to the crosswalk! I hit the right side front door of the sedan and flipped over the car. The bike had a messed up front wheel and I came out fine. I looked at the old car to see an old couple! I turned to grab my bike and show them but before I could, they drove away!!!
    Awww man sucks to hear your story. As long as nobody got hurt, it's all good. A busted bike or a car doesn't matter, because it's only material goods that can be replaced.
    What I'm a bit disappointed about is the ambulance guys.. When they arived after about 5 min, they only checked the lady in the car. Only thing they did for me was ask me if I could walk ok. Then the police told me to take my bike and leave, and walk to the nearest hospital, about 1 km away, even though they could see that I was struggling to stand up.

    Oh well I'm glad it's over with. It's christmas and it's time to get a christmas tree. Ofc it's a trusty Husqvarna with me this time too.


    And Bikersteve46, I couldnt agree more. The Excel wheels are the best imo, got 3 sets of wheels, all Excel (dirt, ice and SM). Might be changing out the excel rim with a new one, because it's not looking that good. But it's not the first thing on my list.

    I hope everyone will have a wonderfull christmas this year, spend it with your family, enjoy it, and relax for what's comming next year. Hope I'll get my bike running by February/March, but we'll see when my parts arrive
    Last edited by nidingr; 03-07-2014 at 07:57 AM.
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  20. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern utah
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    People are crazy huh? I wasn't hurt when I was hit, but it was crazy that the old couple drove off! How can the police and EMT's treat you like that?? Even if you were speeding, you might have needed serious medical attention! They need to be informed of their poor ideals and ethics...

    Nice choice of chainsaw!

  21. #19
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    People are crazy huh? I wasn't hurt when I was hit, but it was crazy that the old couple drove off! How can the police and EMT's treat you like that?? Even if you were speeding, you might have needed serious medical attention! They need to be informed of their poor ideals and ethics...

    Nice choice of chainsaw!
    There's always that someone that just panics and drives away, but imo people should treat others like friends. Stand for what you've done, even though it got consequenses. Just running away doesn't solve anything.

    People around here are a bit irresponsible, and I think that they're not used to the idea of bikers getting hurt, or the idea of supermotards. Because I'm one of three guys that own a supermotard (road legal) within like a 10 mile radius.
    After the crash, everyone was asking me if I had any tuning kits on my "moped"... Even the police... And when I said it wasn't a moped, they asked if it was a 125cc.

    J:R, I've got a great idea for the frame when I'm going to cut it and put it on the wall. What about using the radiators and cutting the skidplate in half? Using some of the old pices too to make it more complete.
    If it doesn't get to long, and just ends up being in the way.

    Husky all the way!
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  22. #20
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Time for an update.

    I'm still waiting for the parts, turns out they have changed the location of the European storage place. Soooo it'll be a little bit longer before I get the frame.
    Dont know if I'll get the bike up and running before April/May, since I'm only an apprentice and my salary is rather low... Hope I'll be going offshore in about 1-2 years and earn some real cash.

    Thinking of not getting the original Husqvarna look, and saw a picture of a KTM here on SMJ. Can get the headlight and fender for about 170$ here, which I think is a rather good deal.
    Actually liked the look of the Polisport headlight and KTM front fender. Any opinions?


    Thinking of keeping the bike and frame white with some custom styling, mostly red bling and maybe italian colours on the plastic?
    Going with a new triple clamp later this year, which is going to be black. Like this one. Says it's about 790$.


    please post any ideas you guy's might have for the bike, because this is the time to decide what the bike is going to look like.

    And happy new year everyone, lets have a great year.
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  23. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern utah
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nidingr View Post
    There's always that someone that just panics and drives away, but imo people should treat others like friends. Stand for what you've done, even though it got consequenses. Just running away doesn't solve anything.

    People around here are a bit irresponsible, and I think that they're not used to the idea of bikers getting hurt, or the idea of supermotards. Because I'm one of three guys that own a supermotard (road legal) within like a 10 mile radius.
    After the crash, everyone was asking me if I had any tuning kits on my "moped"... Even the police... And when I said it wasn't a moped, they asked if it was a 125cc.

    J:R, I've got a great idea for the frame when I'm going to cut it and put it on the wall. What about using the radiators and cutting the skidplate in half? Using some of the old pices too to make it more complete.
    If it doesn't get to long, and just ends up being in the way.

    Husky all the way!
    Too many people don't take responsibility for their actions!

    I was thinking the same thing, but that only works if you have all the parts. Otherwise it'll be a spendy wall ornament if you have to buy another tank, plastics, forks, etc...

    Quote Originally Posted by nidingr View Post
    Time for an update.

    I'm still waiting for the parts, turns out they have changed the location of the European storage place. Soooo it'll be a little bit longer before I get the frame.
    Dont know if I'll get the bike up and running before April/May, since I'm only an apprentice and my salary is rather low... Hope I'll be going offshore in about 1-2 years and earn some real cash.

    Thinking of not getting the original Husqvarna look, and saw a picture of a KTM here on SMJ. Can get the headlight and fender for about 170$ here, which I think is a rather good deal.
    Actually liked the look of the Polisport headlight and KTM front fender. Any opinions?


    Thinking of keeping the bike and frame white with some custom styling, mostly red bling and maybe italian colours on the plastic?
    Going with a new triple clamp later this year, which is going to be black. Like this one. Says it's about 790$.


    please post any ideas you guy's might have for the bike, because this is the time to decide what the bike is going to look like.

    And happy new year everyone, lets have a great year.
    That headlight looks very similar to the Husky one you already have.

    What kind of triples are those?

  24. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Imho that front fender is too big ,take a look at the acerbis supermoto evo front fender,i just fitted one to my ktm and im really satisfied with the result

  25. #23
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    J.R
    Thats true, would be a heck of a wall ornament though, maybe some day! If i totally wreck a bike.

    The triple clamps are some sort of alternative from Husqvarna (or Special Parts as they call them), so basicly Husqvarna CNC milled some and had them as alternative triple clamps.
    And yes, the headlight looks alot like the original one, but i like that look on it. Dont really think that the new KTM headlight looks that good on Husqvarna, might consider the older model from KTM? Imo that headlight would look alot better on it.

    Noslocck
    The fender is a bit rather large for an SM, but didn't buy it after all. Got the Husqvarna 450 SMR 2010 front fender for now, maybe changing it to a Acerbis later on.


    Found a Husqvarna 510 SMR 2008 with a blown engine that I'm able to get some cheap parts from. Might go with the original headlight too...
    So I'm now able to get most of the parts to make the bike complete, but I still have no idea if the bike will fire up when it's back together, because after the crash there was an shortage somewhere in the system.
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  26. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    Not digging that headlight, my personal favorite is the Racetech V-face. Nice aggressive look. http://www.knobby.eu/shop/5758/5758-...opw-c9ac74.jpg

    For triple clamps you can get your original ones anodized. Or find some nuova faor ones those are really bling. http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...O/img_8110.jpg
    2008 Husqvarna SM450R
    Check out the Supermoto Central Shop for the new Supermoto Central gear!

  27. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern utah
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    I am a fan of the OEM Husky headlight that you had on there. I think it would look good with the '09-10 Husky SMR front fender or the same one you had, just trimmed on the front edge.

    If you're looking at spending some coin on triples, look at the Nuova Faor, PZ5 Cobra, Xtrig, etc... If ya need help getting some, shoot me a message.

  28. #26
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I like the original look that the husqvarna has. Going to try some other fenders and headlight later on.
    Picking up my fender and radiator fan tomorrow, but I'm still waiting on the frame.. getting kind of sick from the waiting. but fortunately there's alot of overtime at work, so I'm anyways busy most of my weekdays.

    J.R
    I'll let you know if I ever need a clamp in the future. appreciate it

    Anyways my roommate just found a Husqvarna for him self. A Husqvarna WR250 2003. Got it for about 1600$ with about 3 or 4 thousand km on it. Going to be a fun project. Might go with a 300cc cylinder and supermoto setup this summer if I get it my way
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  29. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern utah
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nidingr View Post
    I like the original look that the husqvarna has. Going to try some other fenders and headlight later on.
    Picking up my fender and radiator fan tomorrow, but I'm still waiting on the frame.. getting kind of sick from the waiting. but fortunately there's alot of overtime at work, so I'm anyways busy most of my weekdays.

    J.R
    I'll let you know if I ever need a clamp in the future. appreciate it

    Anyways my roommate just found a Husqvarna for him self. A Husqvarna WR250 2003. Got it for about 1600$ with about 3 or 4 thousand km on it. Going to be a fun project. Might go with a 300cc cylinder and supermoto setup this summer if I get it my way


    WR300 would be a sweet project! Nice score on the price too!

  30. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    I scored a WR250 for about the same price too Great bikes, maybe I'll convert it to SM sometime because my SMR wheels fit.
    2008 Husqvarna SM450R
    Check out the Supermoto Central Shop for the new Supermoto Central gear!

  31. #29
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I think the WR250 is going to be a great build. Hoping he'll keep it in the original colours, and keep a oldschool look with some blue supermoto wheels and a new headlight in blue, rather than the original black.

    Got some parts in the mail, but still waiting for the frame and so on.
    But I'm still happy to get some parts. Think the new fender is going to be great and I'm thinking of a Husqvarna logo that reaches from the fender and up on to the headlight, in red.
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  32. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Nice to see another Norwegian on here!

    Too bad about the bike, hope you'll get it sorted out soon.

  33. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    We are several Norwegians
    Too bad about the bike, but hopefully it looks like you got it all figurde out

  34. #32
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Yeah, I've seen a few Norwegians here. Great to not be the only one
    Hoping to get the bike up and running soon, but Cross Centeret Snellingen uses a looooong time to get the new frame shiped here. They estimated around a 2 week delivery time, now it's the 4th week of waiting, 5'th next monday. Also a pain in the ass to get the paperwork for changing the frame.. Next time, I'm going all illegal.
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  35. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Ahhh, snellingen, they realy suck at service, havent speaked to one soul that isnt unhappy with them...

  36. #34
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Thought I was going to write an little update even though I'm still waiting...

    Just picked up my new phone, so now I might get some desent pictures again. Sony Xperia Z1 this time, since the Xperia Z broke when I crashed.
    Also thinking of ordering a few parts from 7602racing next week. Some radiator guards and upgrades for the bike like bling and a new clutch slave piston. Know the Husqvarna is rather mean to the clutch cylinder and will wear it out..

    On the other hand, I'm doing a rebuild of a Husqvarna CR125 engine this weekend, so I might get a little update on it if I get some good shots of it. The bike belongs to a friend of mine, and i belive the last time the engine had any work done to it was in 2009?

    Photo taken about a week ago, 10 minutes before the engine broke down.
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  37. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern utah
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    Couple options on the Clutch slave piston/cylinder.. Check it out: http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...n-clutch-slave

    Oberon makes a complete Clutch slave unit so if you've worn the piston AND cylinder, you can get a complete unit. You can also get the ZipTy slave cylinder with 7602 clutch piston. They end up real close in price.

  38. #36
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Couple options on the Clutch slave piston/cylinder.. Check it out: http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...n-clutch-slave

    Oberon makes a complete Clutch slave unit so if you've worn the piston AND cylinder, you can get a complete unit. You can also get the ZipTy slave cylinder with 7602 clutch piston. They end up real close in price.
    Hm.... Interesting
    I'll give it a look, and I might get the Oberon instead of the 7602 racing.
    Dont think the cylinder is worn, since it's only 37 hours total on the bike, mostly doing it while the bike is down so it'll last out 2014.
    Doing the most important mods for now to sort out the weak spots.
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  39. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakobsen View Post
    Ahhh, snellingen, they realy suck at service, havent speaked to one soul that isnt unhappy with them...
    Haaha, They are useless. I use internett or OEMparts when i need parts.

    I wonder if Spinningwheels or other KTM deales begin to deal husqvarna ?

  40. #38
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Yeah, I'm mostly left out of the deal. So this week they told me that there were no frames available in storrage in Europe... So I'm gessing I'll have to wait for several months, dont know if they'll build a new one or getting an from somewhere else.

    So instead I'm getting a Gopro next week, and ordering some of the other parts
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  41. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Posts
    166

    Default

    nidingr,

    No idea if it can be shipped to Norway or not but saw this post and figured he has a frame and you need a frame. Maybe you guys can work something out.

    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...-full-part-out

    Joel

  42. #40
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    123
    Items for Sale

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    nidingr,

    No idea if it can be shipped to Norway or not but saw this post and figured he has a frame and you need a frame. Maybe you guys can work something out.

    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...-full-part-out

    Joel


    I do have a frame still, but maybe someone smarter can verify this for me. I bought a TE swing arm and TE wheels last year for riding on the ice and i could not get the swing arm to fit. the shock mounts are slightly off centered on the SMR and i think the TE has the mount centered in the frame.

    not sure if the SMR frame is EXACTLY the same as the TE or not? with a shipping price in the 300$ area id feel bad if it didnt work.
    NWGP #-1

  43. #41
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Do you have a frame number on it? Might be able to ask my loqual Husqvarna dealer if they are the same.
    I belive my swingarm isnt centered, but a few cm to the right off center? Wont be able to check it before friday since im off working, but imo it looks that way. (old crappy photo)
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  44. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by live breath ride View Post
    I do have a frame still, but maybe someone smarter can verify this for me. I bought a TE swing arm and TE wheels last year for riding on the ice and i could not get the swing arm to fit. the shock mounts are slightly off centered on the SMR and i think the TE has the mount centered in the frame.

    not sure if the SMR frame is EXACTLY the same as the TE or not? with a shipping price in the 300$ area id feel bad if it didnt work.
    According to the parts fiche on Halls Husqvarna website the TE and SMR have the same frame. The TC and the TXC has a different part number, though I'm not too sure what might be different between the two.

    Once there is faith that the TE and SMR have the same frame my next concern is would the OP have any issue registering and insuring the US stamped frame in his home country? I'm curious if they are stamped in any different way depending on the market they are sold in.

    Joel

  45. #43
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Going to make a few calls here in the morning, cheching that everything is possible and so on.. But I know that alot of guys in Norway recomend buying frames in the US and so on.
    They told me earlier that as long as I can get documented that it's the same frame, and get the documents that says the force it's supposed to withstand or something then it wont be any problem at all as longs as I havent stolen it.
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  46. #44
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Have looked up the frame and SMR and TE 2009 have the same frame. So as long as its a 2009, it'll be perfect. Registering it on my bike wouldnt be any issue at all. Didn't matter where it came from, as long as there's possible to get the specs on the frame, allmost didn't need the specs either, as long as the frame looked alike the old one.

    Also ordered a new headlight (went with the original) and gonna order xenon/led lights on it later on, when they get them back in storrage.
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  47. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    31

    Default

    You should hear with www.Bike-Parts.no if you need any "bling" for your bike!

  48. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    Saw a guy in Italy has a frame for sale:

    http://www.subito.it/vi/84947841.htm

    He is from the Husqvarna FB group:

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/131229580287593/
    2008 Husqvarna SM450R
    Check out the Supermoto Central Shop for the new Supermoto Central gear!

  49. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern utah
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by live breath ride View Post
    I do have a frame still, but maybe someone smarter can verify this for me. I bought a TE swing arm and TE wheels last year for riding on the ice and i could not get the swing arm to fit. the shock mounts are slightly off centered on the SMR and i think the TE has the mount centered in the frame.

    not sure if the SMR frame is EXACTLY the same as the TE or not? with a shipping price in the 300$ area id feel bad if it didnt work.
    Sounds like you ended up with an older TE swingarm. 2007-older bikes had a centered rear shock, 2008-10 were offset. Shocks do not swap between either. The overflow reservoirs are offset differently..

  50. #48
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoGeniX View Post
    Saw a guy in Italy has a frame for sale:

    http://www.subito.it/vi/84947841.htm

    He is from the Husqvarna FB group:

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/131229580287593/
    That italian looks interesting, but problem is that it can't be a 2008 frame, since they are different somehow
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  51. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern utah
    Posts
    4,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nidingr View Post
    That italian looks interesting, but problem is that it can't be a 2008 frame, since they are different somehow
    What do you mean?


    It looks like a 2008 frame to me..

  52. #50
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    36

    Default

    What I ment was, I cant use a 2008 frame, because then there's different rules for getting papers on it.

    so Im mostly interested in a 2009/2010 frame, but if i cant find one, then i'll have to wait for a New one.

    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    What do you mean?


    It looks like a 2008 frame to me..
    Supermotards, chicks love em... Oh wait.. they dont.

  53.  
    Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •