Passenger Pegs for SMR

Thread: Passenger Pegs for SMR

Default Passenger Pegs for SMR

Looking to get a set for the SMR to throw the GF on once in a while to buzz around town, or go out for ice cream or a burger.
    I've looked at Rescue Pegs (60) Cross Plus (100), and Baja Designs (150).

I have seen the ones from tec cycles "Buddy Pegs" they look flimsy, and they cover up all the knurling on the factory peg, these are a NO for me.

Rescue pegs are the best price, look like they are super sturdy, go on quick and easy, only problem may be sharing the same foot location, and her feet being to far forward for comfort.

Cross plus look sturdy, clip on and off in an instant, but may place her feet near the chain etc...

Baja designs looks like a factory part, and they flip out out of the way when not in use, afraid that they will be too high and make her knees bend alot and be uncomfortable, and I have read a few reviews that say the passenger (right) side bracket is flimsy.

I have read some reviews on all of them, can't really make up my mind on which will work the best for my needs and her height (5'8"). Any suggestions? Does anyone want to let me try theirs? Is anyone selling some used that they no longer need?
    06 KTM 450 SMR, street legal, titled. SOLD
    09 Suzuki SFV 650
    07 KTM 250 SXF
    06 Corvette, Supercharged, 607 whp
    83 GMC K2500 9" lift on 38x15.50x16 Baja MTZ

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 06goatm6 View Post
    Looking to get a set for the SMR to throw the GF on once in a while to buzz around town, or go out for ice cream or a burger.
    I've looked at Rescue Pegs (60) Cross Plus (100), and Baja Designs (150).

I have seen the ones from tec cycles "Buddy Pegs" they look flimsy, and they cover up all the knurling on the factory peg, these are a NO for me.

Rescue pegs are the best price, look like they are super sturdy, go on quick and easy, only problem may be sharing the same foot location, and her feet being to far forward for comfort.

Cross plus look sturdy, clip on and off in an instant, but may place her feet near the chain etc...

Baja designs looks like a factory part, and they flip out out of the way when not in use, afraid that they will be too high and make her knees bend alot and be uncomfortable, and I have read a few reviews that say the passenger (right) side bracket is flimsy.

I have read some reviews on all of them, can't really make up my mind on which will work the best for my needs and her height (5'8"). Any suggestions? Does anyone want to let me try theirs? Is anyone selling some used that they no longer need?
    Hey I am in the same boat as you too! I got a 2007 KTM exc & I am shopping/looking for some passenger pegs.

I found this thread very helpful on baja design pegs.
    http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...Passenger-Pegs

Thanks for sharing the rescue pegs dude! I think those are badass & affordable!

My only concern with Baja Design is I heard our bikes "KTM EXC" are not meant for pegs on the frame. I think adding weight might crack our frame over time which no one wants.

I think going with Rescue pegs is a good idea because the weight is going on the pegs & the bike can support the weight. I don't like the idea of adding weight to the frame & possibly cracking it.

But I could be wrong. I hope someone who has install passenger footpegs can give us 1st hand knowledge & recommend good ones. I want to contact Baja Design about theirs because they look factory/good, but they would probably gives bias feedback.

Personally I think I would trust the Baja Designs pegs more than the other two.I'm thinking in more of a control stand point for the driver. With the two "slip on" styled pegs, her feet would be crowding mine on the pegs and hinder my foot movement in corners and while stopping. As far as putting pegs on the subframe, it's designed to take some serious abuse. Let's not forget that these bikes were designed to be mx, trail, rought and tuff bikes. They're designed to take a beating on jumps, bumps downed trees on the trail and all that stuff. If you are worried about putting pegs on the subframe, then don't put your girl on the back of it. The two of you is going to put less of a static load on the frame than you jumping the bike 15-20 feet in the air and landing on the seat, butt down. Your weight is going to be supported by more of the main frame and hers' will be supported by the whole subframe alone. I am buy no means an expert or a mechanical engineer but that's the way I would understand it.

Hope this helps,
    Josh

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jpeelout View Post
    Personally I think I would trust the Baja Designs pegs more than the other two.I'm thinking in more of a control stand point for the driver. With the two "slip on" styled pegs, her feet would be crowding mine on the pegs and hinder my foot movement in corners and while stopping. As far as putting pegs on the subframe, it's designed to take some serious abuse. Let's not forget that these bikes were designed to be mx, trail, rought and tuff bikes. They're designed to take a beating on jumps, bumps downed trees on the trail and all that stuff. If you are worried about putting pegs on the subframe, then don't put your girl on the back of it. The two of you is going to put less of a static load on the frame than you jumping the bike 15-20 feet in the air and landing on the seat, butt down. Your weight is going to be supported by more of the main frame and hers' will be supported by the whole subframe alone. I am buy no means an expert or a mechanical engineer but that's the way I would understand it.

Hope this helps,
    Josh
    Hey Josh,

Thanks for sharing some Good Points

I would think so too. My buddy has a Stock Honda CRF230L with factory passenger foot pegs, and it carried both of us good
    So you would think a KTM 450/530 can easily take on some aftermarket baja design passenger pegs

Most of the people on this thread said its a bad idea to add passenger pegs on exc frames
    http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/off-road-e...gs-my-exc.html

I am hoping someone who has put baja design pegs on their exc can tell us if they are reliable.

I need pegs for Husky wr 300.. I want to take my gf for ice cream too ;D

Got the pegs from Baja Designs. Openining the box they look like a nice product. The pegs and the brackets are solid and nice materials and finish.
    The frame adaptor for the left side of the bike is stout and goes on quickly and easily. The bracket for the right side of the bike is a piece of steel approx 3/16" maybe 1/4" that has been powdercoated or painted a gloss black. Some people said this rusted in their kit after a short time.... I think Baja has changed this and coated it better. Looks like a nice finish. The plate on the right hand side is kinda flimsy, definately not for climbing on, but it should be just fine for feet resting while toting a passenger. One surprise to me was the proximity of the pegs and how they may interfere with kick starting the bike, or flipping the kickstand down, Just something I'll have to get used to I guess. They aren't hanging way out there, but just something I noticed. On my bike (06 450 SMR) the exhaust is either larger, or the kit is just not quite universal, but there is no room for the nuts to hold the peg bracket (aluminum) behind the steel bracket to the frame. I ended up putting the button head allenscrews on the inside and putting the nuts on the outside. Even with the 3 washers to space away from the frame It still puts pressure on my exhaust. Lastly I used blue locktite on almost every fastner when installing. Now just gotta get some dry weather and throw her on the back to see how they do. I will come back with another update after I get some miles on with them. In the mean time here are a few pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    09 Suzuki SFV 650
    07 KTM 250 SXF

Items for Sale

My buddy bought the cross plus and loves them, although they don't work for all peg styles. Even I don't condone drinking and riding (even offroad), they do have a bottle opener on the end too!

Couple more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg1.jpg (140.7 KB, 190 views)
    • File Type: jpg2.jpg (158.2 KB, 185 views)
    09 Suzuki SFV 650
    07 KTM 250 SXF

Default Baja Designs Passenger Pegs for sale now.

Ended up selling the SMR, these passenger pegs are for sale. They wont fit my 07 250 SX-F, $120 shipped takes them. They are basically brand new. Call or Text me for pictures or more info. Jim 607 382 seven three two three
    09 Suzuki SFV 650
    07 KTM 250 SXF

Bump, I've got these pegs for sale still, I can get someone a smoking deal on them shipped.

I also have the stock Dunlop slicks that came on this, less than (20) miles on them. 120/70/17 and 165/55/17, that I want to get rid of for a smoking deal as well. 607 382 7323 - Jim
    09 Suzuki SFV 650
    07 KTM 250 SXF

Tires are gone, and I have a bite on the pegs this week. As of now the pegs are still for sale though.
    09 Suzuki SFV 650
    07 KTM 250 SXF

Do you still have the pegs? Curious if they will fit a 2009 450EXC?

Yes I do, please text me at the number above. Check Baja Designs Website for fitments. These were off a 2006
    09 Suzuki SFV 650
    07 KTM 250 SXF

Pegs and Tires are gone, no more Supermoto Parts to sell.
    09 Suzuki SFV 650
    07 KTM 250 SXF

Advertisement