SuperMoto Junkie banner

KTM seats, Seat Concepts, Gutz, Enduro Engineering, Corbin, Renazco, Fisher

19K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Pinepig 
#1 ·
So I have read up on a few threads about seats and seat foam replacements. Just thougth I'd throw together a thread will many links and get some input from you guys. I have heard quite a few good reviews for Fisher, Renazco, and Seat Concepts and a couple for Guts. A few not so good ones for Corbin, and nothing on Enduro Engineering. I personally like the looks of the Renazco and Fisher, then the Seat Concepts. The Corbin I think looks out of place and the Guts and Enduro Engineering look stock with some different foams.

I'm mostly looking at Seat Concepts, or Enduro Engineering for the price. I ride a 06 450 SMR on the streets only, my longest ride might be 2 hours, but with the stocker I can barely take 10 min before I'm standing or moving around with tears in my eys:anim_peep:.

Costs:
Corbin $433
Renazco $350-400
Fisher starts at $250
Guts $129 (no pan)
Enduro Engineering $130
Seat Concepts $160 (no pan)

See less See more
#3 ·
I have an enduro engineering soft standard height on my 500 exc. When I got it it was a bit firm but is softening up nicely after a few hours. I believe it is almost 2" wider than the stock seat. I guess seat concepts is supposed to be better but I bought my EE seat off rmatv and had a 10% coupon. It was only $106 shipped

#4 ·
I have a standard height Seat Concepts on my WRX and my tailbone doesn't hurt at all anymore. Well worth the money IMO !!!
I bought mine with a new pan purely because I was feeling lazy...

#5 ·
I got a seat concepts for my 690. They were excellent to deal with, but the seat didn't fit when it arrived. (Complete seat). Really, it wasn't easy to fix (basic fabrication skills required, to replace the latch (spike) not straight forward.

The completely different shape, much wider, is a lot more comfortable. Like a touring seat, which it is.

It made the bike essentially taller, which is not good. (For human sized riders)
Now I've "Motarded" it, the wide seat seems wrong (think padded tractor seat on a MX bike)
Seriously changed the personality of the bike.

Basically I used it a few times to feel the comfort, didn't like the height or width for me.

I ride with the Mahogany MX seat that came stock. I wear cycle shorts under my leathers, have a hard arse, and often burst out laughing that someone at KTM thought this was a seat!

I can do 200km with a coffee break, and a sense of humour.

If I convert it back and do a long tour/adventure ride, I'd try the Seat Concepts seat again - the reason I bought it.

Mine is a 2008 Enduro.

Reading a test on a 2014 SMC-R, he claimed the "...the seat is reasonably comfortable, relatively speaking.." Have they changed it? Or is this syndicated journo a heavy crack cocaine user?

#7 ·
I've got a seat concepts that i bought from ADV with pan. Its comfortable, but does make the already tall 690 a bit taller. I still seem to use my step seat for riding though.

#8 ·
I now have 4 seats for my SMC 690:
The ridiculous stocker (total butt wedge as we all know), so I bought the KTM Hardparts 'comfort' seat (barely more comfy than stock, but looks great. I use it for short distance and track stuff), then bought a Gutz Racing seat (better, but still not good after more than an hour. I used this seat for an 800 mile weekend and suffered heavily for it).
Just recently received my Seat Concepts seat. It looks promising - flatter and wider, with better foam.
However, I just broke my femur a few weeks ago (hit a tree on my XCF - had to get helicoptered out of the woods), had to get a titanium rod inserted to piece me together, so it will be a while yet before I get to try out the new seat. I hope it is good since, by then, it will be too late to return it.

#12 ·
I went ahead and ordered a seat concepts foam and cover. And while I was at it I bought a used seat off ebay so I can recover that one, and still have my stock one if I want to switch back (don't know why I would) I can say they were great to deal with on the phone and everything went smooth with ordering, sounds like a family run business (Husband and Wife) and they seem to know their stuff. I will report back in a week or so after I get the 2 parts and get it covered and get some miles on it.

#13 ·
Recieved the foam and seat cover from Seat Concepts. The Materials are top notch. I got a used seat off Ebay too so I didnt have to dismantle my stock seat which is in new condition. Wrapping the seat would have been a breeze if it hadnt been for my stapler not having enough power to penetrate the plastic pan. These things are tough! Anyways it came out great. I only have a few short trips on it, but so far it feels much better. I will have to put a few miles on it and get back with a more long term review of it. So far the looks are amazing, the feel is great, and the comfort seem to be much improved. Here are a few pics of the finished product.

Attachments

#15 ·
I had a gutz tall soft foam installed on my berg seat. It was around $120 installed about two years ago. And they are local so I dropped it off and it was ready the next day.

I sold that seat (attached to a bike), and now have a pain in the ass stock ktm seat again. I just stand a lot on long rides.

I'm going to get a tall medium this time, as the soft is great for a while, but after 8,000 miles it had lost some height and I could feel the pan up in front. The air filter is under the front of the seat, so it's pretty thin there..

So, tall medium definitly with a step and maybe some ports on the sides to let more air in to the filter, which is at the front center of the seat between the tank.

Brake for turn, move up on the tank, corner, gas it and slide back down the seat. Repeat all day. Or get a stepper seat.

Good job on that step install it looks great.

#16 ·
I personally love step seats. I've put them on all my supermotos. Keeps me in the right place, and I don't exert as much force on the bars hanging on.

#17 ·
Anyone wanna buy it?

I'm putting the SMR up for sale and if I can sell the seat and a few other things seperately I will.

$200 Shipped

For some reason I can't make a thread in the for sale section?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.