SuperMoto Junkie banner

Husaberg FS650 Dyno Results @ 426 hours

15K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  franknorway 
#1 ·
I and the few people that were with me had guessed it would make 45-49 hp.

One of the guys has ridden it and like me, doesn't believe it is @50 hp. It spends a fair amount of time at the throttle stop compared to 200+ hours ago.

I had wanted to be safe so changed the main from 160 to 170 a few months ago.

I don't have the jetting specs on hand right now, I'll try and find them, and it needs some changes.

2005 FS650 with 426 hours. It's had new valve springs @~200 hours, also a couple timing chains, and a few sets of cfb's.

Rotella 15-40 Dino oil since 150 hours.

I'm not sure, but it's possible it's corrected to be crank HP which would explain why it's higher than expected. Is that what that means in the last pic (crank corrected?)

It's running pretty rich although the 50% throttle run a/f ratio looks pretty good.

Nobody else was interested in dynoing their bikes. (DRZ400sm, 7 of them and a couple WR250x's)

The dyno was at the new honda dealership at the bike night.

See less See more
#7 ·
Nope PinePig, it's the South Yuba east of Washington.

It's Maybert Road, you and I rode up that way but turned back. I made it to where the map(s) said the bridge was. 1/2 mile past the squareback and the edsel.

Really old short bridge that's getting replaced next year. Also on Maybert Rd.

Some locals said there's an old abandoned stone building (an old mine) up there. If it dries up i'd like to check out one day.

#9 ·
Nope PinePig, it's the South Yuba east of Washington.

It's Maybert Road, you and I rode up that way but turned back. I made it to where the map(s) said the bridge was. 1/2 mile past the squareback and the edsel.
Ah that's where we got behind those three cars doing 5mph on that road.

Is it low enough in elevation to do that whole ride we did in the winter? Getting kinda tired of the Same ol' and they still haven't opened any of the King Fire area.

#11 · (Edited)
Well, I had my last ride on the old berg a few weeks ago.

Was a great ride, about 60 miles of bad dirt road.

I knew it was thoroughly tired, it was leaking a lot of oil so I trucked it up to 5,000' and met up with everyone who rode up from the valley (400').

Changed the oil the next weekend prior to a ride I planned on doing.
And...
Found some metal on the magnet I'd never seen before.
And...
It makes a knocking sound once warmed up, that is likely the main bearings.

543 hours, ~21,000 miles.
I'd never opened the bottom end, it has the same piston, rings, and valves.
Only work done is:
Cam follower bearings "rocker arm bearings" (x3)
Timing chain (x2)
Dual valve springs and head gasket
Water pump shaft seal (x2)
It broke down one time, an exhaust valve spring broke.
Ran out of fuel a few times.
Crashed it 3 dozen times.

*It has had Rotella T every 5-8 hours with a new filter every 3rd or 4th oil change...since ~200 hours.
Valve checks every 30-40 hours.

*The TPS has been disconnected since 200 hours.
It advances the timing in certain situations and can cause detonation.
You can barely tell a difference plugged in or unplugged.
It lessens the initial hit slightly.

*It is jetted just slightly rich, it always started right away with or without choke depending on ambient temperature. It got a consistent 42 mpg.

*it has a Cush hub.

*I seldom lugged it ever... I would ride it at 65 in 5th gear rather than 6th at that speed. 75+Mph would be 6th gear.
In fact, I always chose to ride it a gear lower than necessary, at any speed.
It had 16/45 gearing for most of its life, and 17/47 later.

There you go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.