SuperMoto Junkie banner

Stubbz Dream Sumo Build 13 WR450F :)

20K views 78 replies 17 participants last post by  92K1500 
#1 · (Edited)
Here it is guys, after having 2 X's fully built to the roof it was time to make the step up to the big boys. found this gem i picked up yesterday, already has the FMF pipe and the GYTR Competition ECU on it. They did the titleing threw South Dakota so he just has to payoff his thing and he'll get the NY title for me so the hard part is done. Came with spare 42 rear sprocket and a front one, brand new in package Tusk wiring kits to add the switches to it and brake light etc. I just run everything and wire it up but sure that wont be bad. 288 Miles still has the throttle stop screw on it, i'll be cutting that short very soon!

Wheres cheapest but best fastest turn around for ordering wheels lol.

See less See more
#40 ·
i actually got the sicassracing key switch and got it in last night, completely plug and play and works great. Only problem i have now is i have to turn the key on, the power on/off buttom, and the left hand control switch and turn them all off everytime i shut if down which is easy to forget and im not sure if it'll drain battery a little with tusk harness left on ive already done that a couple times.

Got wires n shit everywhere altho there tucked away and zip tied up its just wierd with 3 seperate systems, and i dont like how the vapor turns on when power comes on but when you turn power off everything else the vapor stays lite up and on for 20 minutes and the directions say not to power it to the main power from the battery for whatever reason. Just kind of annoying but it all works so im happy i guess.

Rims and tires and all will be in today, i moved around some pix in my photobucket but not sure why i lost my images, ill repost some and post up the rims tomorrow, cant wait to ride this with sumo setup. Probly gonna be a few days tho i gotta order up a chain today hopin 120 link will be enough it should.

#41 ·
Got her all wired up and fully legal other than waiting on title from the dude but that should be soon.

SM Rims and tires will be in today, cant wait to rip it with slicks, bike is so fun!!

my 2 packs of blinkers i got $9 shipped for both sets cant beat that.

Start of wiring in tusk harness

tailight and rear blinkers

all tucked in and wired up

#44 ·
Still following this thread stubbz. Good stuff. I ordered the seat gel and want to do the same with my seat on my 250f. Can you re-post the pictures and possibly post more detailed instructions of how you did your seat? I'd like to do the same, if not exactly the same.

#45 ·
I will try to repost them for ya. I think the gel works good but you certainly need some foam over top of it. I had to lower mine as much as i could cuz of my height so there is hardly any foam under the gel and only a thin layer of smoothing foam over top of it. It feels ok on the street which is where gel is usually good for street bike seats but it got rough when i rode the mx track and my ass took a beating for it. If i did it again i would chop a section of the foam out then put the gel in and put a fairly thick layer of the stock foam back on overtop of it. I probly should stopped when i put the gel on after i shaved the seat and i woulda had way more foam to work with and cushion but i ended up taking most all of it out and laid gel on the bottom of pan basically.

It was kind of a trial thing for me and like i say if it werent for trying to make it so low i think it woulda been fine, i'm going to end up having mine redone professionally over winter probably but its fine for now and general riding anyways. Like i said just put more foam overtop of the gel and it should be way better than how i have mine. Ill try to repost a few of those pix.

#52 ·
Well i decided to make myself a chain block, here is a pic of what i came up with, i was completely happy with it and thought it would work awesome. first 15 mile ride i get home and its gone, must be i didnt locktite the bolt and it came loose and dissappeared. So after aggravation i decided screw it my stock chain slider is worn a bit anyways so i just ordered up the TM designs one with the side plates on it. Figured being that it's not 100% needed anyhow but good protection it was worth the $50. actually had it on sale for $42.

#53 ·
i decided i wanted to get the floating front rotor so i can drop the magnet in it and put my speedo sensor on the fork gaurd instead of on the cal bracket making it easier when time comes to swap out the dirt wheels. Had my rotor sent back to Warp 9, then sent me the floating one for a small upcharge, get it in rip wheel off and find this.. ugh, enough to piss off the pope. Warp 9 is out of the yami rotors until this thursday then they'll get one right out, im waiting on a couple other pieces to get in to add onto it before really riding it again anyhow.

Noticed my fork gaurd is getting some wear on it from the wheel, most likely caused by the wheel not being aligned completely right, it was off just enough i had to shave a tiny bit off the inside of my caliper bracket but its putting the wheel closer to the left fork gaurd.

#55 ·
Added some orange grips, installed my orange and blue tip brake lines and handbrake setup, hookin up some zeta handgaurds, my dumbass ordered ones for 7/8 bars so i need diff clamps, thinkin about the side fork mounts instead of normal ones, figure they might hold up a bit better and stiffen the front end.

#58 ·
Brakes all bled, rear stunt pegs all mounted up. Finally got my front rotor from warp 9 a month later. Cant get my speedo on my vapor working for some reason. 14/47 gearing seems to be a lot better, took a ride yesterday to try everything out, bike is awesome, did some circles and bike seems to pull pretty good, i need to figure out how to get a bit more idle out of it but it seemed to circle great so far. I'll be posting more updated information on how to add the rear stunt pegs in case anyone wants to add them to their 12-14 450f's. There will be a kit available from 50 stunt shortly.

#60 · (Edited)
That's how i roll!! :thumbup:

Where did you mount your speedo piece for the Vapor? Got a pic of it by chance, mine is right next to where the magnet passes but it's not working. Also curious what the numbers were you put in for your tire size into the vapor. Mine was 1866 if i did my calculating right. It worked on the bench until i setup the vapor for those sizes then on the ride it didnt work at all.

Really wanna have the CO adjusted cuz ive heard it helps the idle a lot and i deff want some additional idle help.

#65 ·
Well i got my speedo working now and seems ok, we got like 4" of snow last week so i wanted to throw the dirt wheels back on it to play around in the snow for a bit. Got most conversion done friday but an emergency this weekend led me not to be able to ride it, yesterday we have a record 72* for this time of year, safe to say the snow is gone, but i did get a chance to rip around for a little bit. Think my bike is dirtier now than it's ever been lol.

I will say with 14/47 gearing on the dirt setup the thing is crazy fast in 5th gear, almost to much shits gets squirrely in a hurry, hoping by spring i can have a GPR on it and be more confident with it in dirt.

Friggen love this bike tho <3

#67 ·
Thanks man, the dual caliper bracket is made by 50 stunt, rear stunt pegs are 50 stunt also, i custom made them to fit my bike, as you can see there is a bit of cutting and shaving the fenders to fit the mounts where i wanted them. the left side peg mount is actually a right side peg mount flipped over. Because this kit was never designed for my bike i made due with what options i had to make it happen, its worked out great overall, the pegs are not 100% straight and even from left to right but that doesnt bother me at all. 50 stunt would have the kit available for what is needed to put the pegs onto these bikes but keep in mind its not a simple bolt on n go.

#70 ·
Heres what it looks like right now lol, gettin ready for full powdercoat build.

Attachments

#71 ·
Havent updated this thread in a while, heres some fresh pix after getting all my powder done and my JBSeatz seat back n so on, just waiting on my buddy to get going on the wrap for me and i gotta finish making a foot loop and throw the idle cable on it this weekend and i'll be ready to rock.

#74 ·
That is so clean and sick, I couldn't even ride it. You always impress me with your builds, cause you go all out, very cleanly. Kudos to you fine sir. :) Well done.
Thanks guys, that helps make it all worth it for me. Took first little ride down to get gas and check steering n such yesterday and was reminded of why this is the ultimate do it all supermoto. Power is incredible, new aussie map feels a lot smoother and idle cable works perfect, cant wait to get some real seat time in with this beast. Time to finish wrap and couple odds n ends n ill be done.

#73 ·
That is so clean and sick, I couldn't even ride it. You always impress me with your builds, cause you go all out, very cleanly. Kudos to you fine sir. :) Well done.

#75 ·
Got my wrap done finally, the orange came out way duller than I wanted it to and may be redone but after the hours of install and a busy weekend its staying for a while. I love the design n setup we did tho. Just gotta wrap forks in white vinyl and finish my foot loop tonight and it'll be 99% done.

#76 ·
Pretty much 100% finished with everything now, got roundbar mounted up and even got to test it, absolutely love it!! and so happy it's finished so I can finally do circle combos again.

And the only pic I got from the lot this weekend during a fastest to 10 circles comp with Joey Saporetti.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.