SuperMoto Junkie banner

Newb from Montreal

66K views 668 replies 12 participants last post by  fwd25 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm a newb to riding (been riding for 5 months) and very new to Supermoto. I currently ride a 2003 600 Bandit. But I'm thinking of getting a supermoto. 90% of my riding is city, 10% is highway. I'm in Montreal, Canada where the fscking snow will be flying in no time.

Really happy to have found this forum.

Cheers

#571 ·
I picked up the new KTM 500 on Saturday. I was going to ride it back but given the amount of rain and cold, I figured that was a pretty stupid idea. So I rented a cube truck and drove it back.

Gros merci to @fwd25 for offering to pick it up with me. In the end, I would have had to take the day off work and given that I work for myself, a day off work is more expensive then renting a truck. But thank you so much for the offer. You're a good guy!

I took it to work yesterday

I am chaining it to anything that looks solid now. ;-)

I am at the first hour of service. So it needs an oil change. I won't have time until this weekend..

Here's to hoping you can all get out for a few more rides before the snow.

J

#575 ·
I went with ktm 781-12-964-000 , they work fine and easy to install , on the 690 I was able to connect to a switched accessory connection , check you may have a similar one , if not check slaven racing they have a nice YouTube about it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#577 ·
Joyeux Noël fwd25 !

The 500 is awesome. I didn't have time to test it in the dirt but on the road it has so much more torque. It also starts first shot in all kinds of weather. My 350 really struggled in anything under 13c.

Evol is in Florida and I'm at the airport heading to the beach. Enough of this winter already ,,?

The new 790 looks and sounds fantastic. It reminds me of the Nuda.

Next year I am hoping to try as many bikes as possible. I really want to try the Super Duke the S1000r and the Speed Triple. Maybe even a GSXR just to see what a sports bike is like.

The plan for 2017 is to do 4 days of enduro in Italy and then head to Misano to see Vale race in his hometown. Let's see if it happens.

All the best to all of you in 2017!!

J

#578 ·
Two weeks to go boyz !

I get so excited for spring every year.. Which makes winters harder and harder.

I know Evol went to the Salon de la Moto.. As did I. It was the usual.. I was dissapointed with Triumph's pathetic booth. They have released so many bikes in 2016 and 2017 and yet hardly any of them were at the show.. Same for KTM. You'd think companies as big as they would have a decent booth.

Sad news for me.. My father passed away on the 15nth of February. He died of a heart attack while shoveling the snow. He was 78. RIP Dad.

So lots of my time has been dealing with all the paperwork.. handling my mom.. etc, etc.

Oh, if anyone is looking for a 2011 Jetta, my dad's is for sale. It's got 70K on it.

I have signed up for a week in the Gaspe to do Enduro riding. Still have NO idea how I am going to get there. I have been looking for a pickup truck to rent but I can't seem to find one that has tie downs. I will have to look harder. I had thought of just riding out there but everyone tells me that's just insane. Especially given there is 7 days of Enduro riding and then another two days of highway riding to get home. Probably too much.

As I was saying to Evol, I just did my tax returns and this _might_ finally be the year I get sumo wheels for the KTM. I think I will just go through the dealer.

How was everyone's winter ?

J

#580 ·
So after lots of talk, and talk.. and more talk.. I finally did it. I have ordered a set of Warp 9 Supermoto wheels. Pics when it's all installed and running.. My dremel is charged and ready to go.

Hopefully everyone is having a decent Spring. Expect it to start warming up by the end of April and into May. The weather models are showing a good dose of warm, if not hot, air.

I have also signed up for La Classique again. It's getting near impossible to get a spot now. I think it would be easier to get Pink Floyd tickets in this city !

J

#589 · (Edited)
Not yet ,it is in a small box waiting ,
Right now I am running on evo1 fuel map and get the feeling it might be a little lean as I don t get the same throttle responce as I had with the airbox/evo1 lid , will install powercommander 5 with autotune first at some point in the summer to tune the fuel and ignition right then may be .....;)

#595 ·
Hello Petepuck , well I am 51 with bad back ,bad knee and a job to go back to the next day so I do share your minding of safety first
We may have a rockstar in the group but that not me

But I have to admit sometime i like to go into the highrev
Like last Friday after work i was lineup at a red light with a Nissan 370z and a kawa zx1000rr boy o boy that was fun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.