SuperMoto Junkie banner

Riders in inland empire

12K views 76 replies 9 participants last post by  Red, 
#1 ·
What's up everyone I'm looking for fellow supermoto buddies to ride with. I love in fontana and ride a lot. I have a super chill spot to do wheelies and shit pretty close to my house. I practice there every weekend I know everyone is always looking for spots lol. Anyways I'm new here so feel free to let me know what's up and I ride a drz400 stroker by the way. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Mikey:welcome:

I'm local as well. Near the 10/15/60 freeways.

Usually do a loop from Fontana to Big Bear and back every weekend (+or- 200 miles)

Post some rides or checkout the local ride sections for bigger holiday meetups.

You may have seen me around... black and orange unicycle.

Welcome to the forum!! ~Melee

#20 ·
Hey Mickey,

Had a good time Saturday despite the mountain traffic and super cold temps.

I'll be sure to check CHP next time, pretty sure all that traffic was all the SoCal lookie loo's heading up to see the snow. I wasn't expecting 10 miles of bumper to bumper traffic, usually on Holidays or game days the mountain is empty.

Hit me up whenever you wanna ride.

willmelee4food@gmail.com

#22 ·
What's up guys? I'll be moving to the IE area at the end of February and am looking forward to riding out West! I'm bringing my 954, 450X Supermoto and 450R dirt bike with me.

I was thinking about looking at places near Glendora Mountain Road (Upland/Claremont) so that I could have that in my backyard to shred on the motard. From what I've seen on Youtube, it looks awesome! Do you guys ride that road often? Is it as fun as it looks?? Any feedback would be appreciated.

#24 ·
I'm moving to to Riverside area in March, and from all of my reading the California laws suck when it comes to sumos!! In a nut shell is it still possible to somehow build a street legal sumo, or are the only options buying a new street legal bike (such as 500 exc/690 enduro) from a dealer or buying an older street legal bike from a private party?

#28 ·
Well that blows!!! That's what I've been reading, but no one seems to be confident in their answer when ever I ask. I went to Berts Mega Mall this weekend, and the sales guy wasn't too sure.

As far a the license thing goes... anything with a plate is OK. If the cops see you with a non plated bike, you'll never see it or your license again.

Welcome to Kommiefornia, home of the most regulated peoples in the whole union. I personally can't wait to leave this shit box.
Yeah I'm not too stoked on moving here, the taxes here are ridiculous!!!

I'm pretty set on getting a KTM 690 end-r or the 500 EXC since having a manufacturer street legal bike is the only thing that flies in this place.

#27 ·
GMR is awesome. It's a tight little road with loads of turns... off camber corners. double apexes, some nice chicanes. It's a great area to practice your lines and usually isn't horribly crowded as say Mulholland thanks to rnickey mouse on Youtube.

As far a the license thing goes... anything with a plate is OK. If the cops see you with a non plated bike, you'll never see it or your license again.

Welcome to Kommiefornia, home of the most regulated peoples in the whole union. I personally can't wait to leave this shit box.

#30 ·
THats what I am wondering as well. There are some great bikes out there on craigslist and even in my local market, but I am hesitant to pull the trigger on any of them due to not completely having an understanding of the California laws.

#31 ·
Here in CA, CL sellers will most always tell the buyer, "no problem with getting it registered in your name". Problems abound with anything from 2002 on. The "3" or "C" thing isn't the only thing the DMV looks for but it definitely won't register. I know people who had their registration revoked. I know people that bought Arizona plated bikes that wouldn't register. I'm waiting to see the S. Dakota bypass system to work here on a new bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.