SuperMoto Junkie banner

2013 Hypermotard 821 SP -> Stealth Hypermotard SP

17K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  coffeetalk1000 
#1 · (Edited)
Strictly speaking the Hypermotard is no supermoto... but it has at least "motard" in its name and since I'm done and happy with my track-bike, 2010 Husqvarna 450 SMR...

... I thought why not put this build-project here.

A few weeks ago I grabbed a brand new 2013 Hypermotard 821 SP (50 miles) as a very good deal. Since I already own the old brother of this one, a 2010 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP, I decided to have the patience now and do all the modifications I always wanted to the 2013 model.

As I gather the parts, have them modified and installed on the bike, I'll post photos and provide infos on parts, should anybody see something they like and want to tweak their HyperDuc in a similar way too.

Fairings before decal- and paint-job:

Real supermoto-style handlebar:

It will mostly be optical and some weight-saving tweaks. I do not (yet) intend to do any engine- or suspension-tuning.

Best regards...

MacSlow

See less See more
#2 ·
Some carbon parts to add a bit more bling to the new Hypermotard 821 SP...

I got them from carbon.sk. They fit well and have a nice matte/velvet finish matching the DP carbon-parts coming with the bike... and are much more affordable

Best regards...

MacSlow

#4 ·
The fairings came back from the paint-workshop. Together with the custom decals I had made, the matte finish comes across nicely. Sadly my camera is really crap and made the photos overly noisy, despite the good lighting conditions.

Furthermore the engine- and radiator-guard arrived and I have made a first prototype of the pad for the handlebar-mount.

Best regards...

MacSlow

#8 ·
By now about two thirds of all planned parts came in. With the latest batch these pieces were brought to my doorstep...
  • frame- and axle-sliders by Motovation
  • all black monoposto rearset from Ducabike
  • high mount full-carbon slip-on from SC-Project
  • light LiIo battery from JMT

Best regards...

MacSlow

#13 ·
absolutely beautiful!!!!!
It will be at the end... I'm sure... thanks! :)

So you painted the carbon fiber fairings?? Can you still see the weave of the carbon?
The carbon-parts will not be painted and stay as is. What was painted matte-black were the stock fairings in the white-red-black Ducati-Corse color-scheme you see in the second photo.

Best regards...

MacSlow

#16 ·
Here comes the next update on this Hypermotard-SP-pimping endeavor of mine... the 2" folding mirrors from CRG arrived...

On the topic of "all things exhaust" I can report that the header-pipes have been cleaned and degreased and are now on their way to being ceramic-coated *sigh* my patience-buffer is wearing thin by now! I'm also still waiting on the license-plate mount from Lusuardi Racing.

Best regards...

MacSlow

#18 ·
Oh, I wish that was true, but I am still waiting for the exhaust's header-pipes to come back from the ceramic coating. There are still about two weeks to wait.

Don't worry, I will post photos as soon as she is ready.

Best regards...

MacSlow

#22 · (Edited)
Not yet, but almost. As a matter of fact, I visited the workshop just today and made up-to-date photos...

The beast will be ready next week. I just hope the weather is going to be good enough still, so I can take her out. The engine still needs break-in *sigh*

Best regards...

MacSlow

#28 · (Edited)
Thanks! My heart is jumping for joy :)

Looks like Lusuardi Racing? I had one on my 796 Hyper.
Yes, that is correct.

Here are even more current photos of her 99% completed...

So much for the visuals, but the sound is even better! Sadly my smart-phone doesn't cut it with regards to capturing the substance and depth of the fully open system. I tried it and the recording sounds like a joke, thus I left it out. But rest assured it is amazing... very deep and bass-heavy... worthy of a Ducati L-twin :) And she shouts "Unleash me and let's go for a ride!" ... I hear you baby ;)

Now I've to wait for the insurance- and paper-work to arrive in my inbox... so close and yet so far *sigh*

Best regards...

MacSlow

#30 ·
Sweet ride, makes me want to get in line for some duck soup...
Thanks! Ducs never disappoint... try one, you won't regret it!

... hanging farkles on it would be quite pricey I'm sure. KUDOS:bowdown:
Ah "farkles"... one learns something new everyday... quoting the Urban Dictionary: "combination of 'function' and 'sparkle'" or "Fancy Accessory Really Kool Likely Expensive". Very fitting :) But it is indeed pricey... I knew there was a catch... which I successfully ignored upon initial planning of the project ;)

Best regards...

MacSlow

#31 ·
I almost bought a 1098 back in the day, full carbon, all the anodized goodies, engine/brake mods and painted any color of choice for IIRC 17K.

I admire well thought out and executed builds and those that do them. But its like owning a bar, bunch of drunks want to tell you how to run your business. You will no doubt be told what/how it should've been done.

Rizoma or pazoma? As me, what/how, Oberon in black, a tad more sexier. Granted never held or seen one in the flesh.

#32 ·
I almost bought a 1098 back in the day, full carbon, all the anodized goodies, engine/brake mods and painted any color of choice for IIRC 17K.
That sounds like a very good deal. How many kilometers/miles were on the clock or was it even brand new?

I admire well thought out and executed builds and those that do them. But its like owning a bar, bunch of drunks want to tell you how to run your business. You will no doubt be told what/how it should've been done.
Isn't the subjectivity of taste something wonderful ;)

Rizoma or pazoma? As me, what/how, Oberon in black, a tad more sexier. Granted never held or seen one in the flesh.
If you're talking about the mirrors... neither (btw it's Rizoma or Pazzo :) ) the brand of the mirrors I used here is called CRG.

Best regards...

MacSlow

#33 · (Edited)
I was referring to the blinkers, rizoma vs. chinese knock offs, pazoma. TBH I know what adorns yours. I always liked the look of the oberon mirrors, but it seems like they lack the adjustment for me.

The 1098 would've been new, built to spec (color selections) by Spectrum Motor Sports, a Duc dealer in Orange County CA. At that time I sold off most my bikes due to drivers in SoCal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.