New warp 9 wheels/tires from motoxindustries

Thread: New warp 9 wheels/tires from motoxindustries

Default New warp 9 wheels/tires from motoxindustries

a couple of pics and a walk around vid of my 2015 ktm 500 xc-w. Can't thank Jim enough he always give a great deal, is extremely easy to work with and probably has the best customer service I have ever dealt with hands down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab4oiPT2uis
    https://youtu.be/Ab4oiPT2uis
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ab4oiPT2uis" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finished up with black backgrounds on the number plates and headlight
    Last edited by r6realtor; 05-15-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Advertisement

bike looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ramin44s View Post
    bike looks awesome
    Thank you!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

I farted.

Default r6Realtor

I know you like your new forged wheels but these "spoked" Warp 9 wheels also look awesome. Can you describe any ride difference between the two? Was it a visual reason for the change? As you know, a new KTM doesn't come cheap. Starting to get a little push back from the wife on how the supermoto conversion expense list is growing to almost $4000!!! If I can trim a little expense on the wheels I will... but if the forged tubless is simply an absolute must have I'll just have to push right back. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlancoRider View Post
    I know you like your new forged wheels but these "spoked" Warp 9 wheels also look awesome. Can you describe any ride difference between the two? Was it a visual reason for the change? As you know, a new KTM doesn't come cheap. Starting to get a little push back from the wife on how the supermoto conversion expense list is growing to almost $4000!!! If I can trim a little expense on the wheels I will... but if the forged tubless is simply an absolute must have I'll just have to push right back. lol
    no real ride difference, the tubeless feel lighter to me but thats an unfair assumption since the distanzias are definitely a beefier tire than what was on the tubeless wheels. Right now I am back to the spokes again and my buddy bought the tubeless, I will eventually get a solid black set, the orange wheels look so much better on his because no conflicting oranges(powder coat vs. anodized)

Default R6realtor

Thanks dude. Just had bought Distanzias on eBay since no normal supplier has the Distanzia 160/70-17 rear. Now received an ebay message from the seller stating the tire is out of round and cancelling the purchase. Shit! I wanted Distanzias since I'm going with the 5" rear (and this combo is proven by you) but now looking doubtful I'll get them. Any idea if a Michelin or Continental would interfere with the chain? I've read some tires are just a little wider causing a prob with a 5" rear. This is a must so I have to find a tire that works. Also, can you please tell me who you ordered your black backgrounds graphics on your number plates from?
    Last edited by BlancoRider; 04-13-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks dude. Just had bought Distanzias on eBay since no normal supplier has the Distanzia 160/70-17 rear. Now received an ebay message from the seller stating the tire is out of round and cancelling the purchase. Shit! I wanted Distanzias since I'm going with the 5" rear (and this combo is proven by you) but now looking doubtful I'll get them. Any idea if a Michelin or Continental would interfere with the chain? I've read some tires are just a little wider causing a prob with a 5" rear. This is a must so I have to find a tire that works. Also, can you please tell me who you ordered your black backgrounds graphics on your number plates from?
    why did you want that size anyway?? especially if you are trying to lower the whole bike, thats a taller tire than typical, I run the 160/60-17 you need to get a hold of jim at motox and see if he still has a set of 160/60
    backgrounds are from rockymountainatv.com

Quote Originally Posted by r6realtor View Post
    why did you want that size anyway?? especially if you are trying to lower the whole bike, thats a taller tire than typical, I run the 160/60-17 you need to get a hold of jim at motox and see if he still has a set of 160/60
    backgrounds are from rockymountainatv.com
    Do you have a phone number for motox?

Excellent point! I have no idea. Such a motocrosser and SM amateur that I didn't consider a more low profile.
    see everything happens for a reason!! lol good thing he cancelled! I mean it wouldn't have been the end of the world but it might have looked a little pudgy on the wheel to??
    I will PM you his direct email.

Quote Originally Posted by r6realtor View Post
    see everything happens for a reason!! lol good thing he cancelled! I mean it wouldn't have been the end of the world but it might have looked a little pudgy on the wheel to??
    I will PM you his direct email.
    Thanks. I'm in touch with Jim now. Can you please tell me the size front tire you are running? Sorry if you've already previously answered this question. I believe you have a 120/70R17 Distanzia on front?

Thanks. I'm in touch with Jim now. Can you please tell me the size front tire you are running? Sorry if you've already previously answered this question. I believe you have a 120/70R17 Distanzia on front?
    correct on tire size

no issues with a 160 conti attack sm on my 2013 exc....but then i was looking for the stickiest street tire possible. not all 160's have the same section width.

but i guess if you're looking at distanzia, you may be looking for something different out of your tire.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbagger View Post
    no issues with a 160 conti attack sm on my 2013 exc....but then i was looking for the stickiest street tire possible. not all 160's have the same section width.

but i guess if you're looking at distanzia, you may be looking for something different out of your tire.
    very true, distanzia has one of the widest 160 profiles there is, however that conti attack would be way stickier as speedbagger mentioned, the distanzia is a 90/10 tire..... 90% street/ 10% offroad. I love the look of the distanzia and have absolutely zero curves where I live in FL, lots of straight lines and on one wheel riding thats it(as you can see in this vid pretty much all straight lol) so the avon works great for me.

The 160-70-17 is not a SM compound tyre. It is a dual sport tyre. Just so you know. 160-60-17, 150-xx-17 and the 120-70-17 are SM compound.

We must...We must...increase our boost

Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post
    The 160-70-17 is not a SM compound tyre. It is a dual sport tyre. Just so you know. 160-60-17, 150-xx-17 and the 120-70-17 are SM compound.

We must...We must...increase our boost
    I mis-typed originally with 160/70 cause I always meant 160/60. Anyway, I just like the Distanzia for how she looks and for my type of riding it will work great. Thanks for the feedback though. That is why I like this forum. I'll try to proofread better in the future.

Advertisement